LegacyGT.com

post your age here !

Congrats! Do yourself a favor and read up on what not to do to these cars if you haven't already.

yeah for sure Ill take a look. my plans arent crazy for the car. i see (hopefully) wheels, springs, and bolt-ons in my future, but not much else.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah for sure Ill take a look. my plans arent crazy for the car. i see (hopefully) wheels, springs, and bolt-ons in my future, but not much else.

Yea start with handling and braking first. Bolt on's is for when you have extra cash to spend. Also one of the first things you might want to look into is maybe a cobb to get the car off the stock tune .

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Car: 2009 DGM legacy 3.0R limited

Mods: cleared headlights, smoked tails, 20% tint, Tein street basis coilovers, whiteline camber bushings, 18x8.5 enkei kojins, 225/40 continental dws 06s, L7 badges, painted grille, bayson r s204 front lip, eBay trunk lip, k&n panel filter, intake resonator delete, led interior, vinyl wrapped wood interior trim

Graduate with a BSEE in another few yeArs. Then it's grad school so I can build a time machine and send myself back 5 years to tell my younger self not to purchase that Subaru

3 turbos

1 engine

Two transmissions

Stage? I cut out the cats and replaced the turbo. It's slow

Look elsewhere kids

Car: 2009 DGM legacy 3.0R limited

Mods: cleared headlights, smoked tails, 20% tint, Tein street basis coilovers, whiteline camber bushings, 18x8.5 enkei kojins, 225/40 continental dws 06s, L7 badges, painted grille, bayson r s204 front lip, eBay trunk lip, k&n panel filter, intake resonator delete, led interior, vinyl wrapped wood interior trim

Hey not so local, local.

Graduate with a BSEE in another few yeArs. Then it's grad school so I can build a time machine and send myself back 5 years to tell my younger self not to purchase that Subaru

3 turbos

1 engine

Two transmissions

Stage? I cut out the cats and replaced the turbo. It's slow

Look elsewhere kids

LOL 3 turbos 1 engine crew as well bro! Haven't had any tranny issues on my watch, can't say for Owner #1

3 turbos?? I say you better look into you oil supply lines and a good tuner. I'm still rocking the OEM VF40 turbo at 151k miles and it still pulls strong with no shaft play (knock on wood).
My wife's balls are delicious.

3 turbos?? I say you better look into you oil supply lines and a good tuner. I'm still rocking the OEM VF40 turbo at 151k miles and it still pulls strong with no shaft play (knock on wood).

+1, and I have almost 2X the miles^^^. On my original Motor/VF-40 Turbo.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

+1, and I have almost 2X the miles^^^. On my original Motor/VF-40 Turbo.

I'm sure mine would have lasted if I didn't check "no" in the blown VF 40 poll thread.

Turbo #1: Clogged filter in banjo bolt. Turbo gone. Engine gone.

Turbo #2: Recommended that I use an unfiltered feed line kit from Forced Performance with my new BNR 16g turbo. Blown within 5k miles. Contaminated they say.

Turbo #3: Yeah, throw that one away. Try this filtered one from IPT. By the way, you look at your banjo bolts lately because...

I've been getting trolled since day one.

Rofl

I have no idea why my last one blew. I just got it back today and am nervous as hell to put it back on.

I was driving on a flat road. I floored it and heard that scraping noise. There goes my turbo ...again! have nightmares about that noise.

Oil level was sitting at bottom of dipstick. No codes for a failing OCV. I pulled them both. Clean. Near positive the banjo bolts included in my IPT kit were correct. Only thing was I had Ben driving it around the whole semester with a vacuum leak, so the vehicle went into a limp mode. Finally found the issue. It wasn't that blue t fitting underneath the IC. It was the hose that ran from the fitting down to some other part near the alternator. That's where it came off. Drive your Subaru around long enough with a vacuum leak and the vehicle is programmed to go into protection mode. Basically my turbo went into hibernation. I know what an RLC circuit is. I don't know anything about cars. Anyways it blew up a week after I reconnected that hose.

Doubt if that was the reason. Just because it went into protection mode doesn't mean It forgot how to give the turbo oil when it asked for it. Idk though...

I'm going to check the pick up tube. But that seems like an even further fetch. Usually when those go, they take the whole engine.

Anyone have a ideas?

Turbo #1: Clogged filter in banjo bolt. Turbo gone. Engine gone.

Turbo #2: Recommended that I use an unfiltered feed line kit from Forced Performance with my new BNR 16g turbo. Blown within 5k miles. Contaminated they say.

Turbo #3: Yeah, throw that one away. Try this filtered one from IPT. By the way, you look at your banjo bolts lately because...

I've been getting trolled since day one.

Rofl

I have no idea why my last one blew. I just got it back today and am nervous as hell to put it back on.

I was driving on a flat road. I floored it and heard that scraping noise. There goes my turbo ...again! have nightmares about that noise.

Oil level was sitting at bottom of dipstick. No codes for a failing OCV. I pulled them both. Clean. Near positive the banjo bolts included in my IPT kit were correct. Only thing was I had Ben driving it around the whole semester with a vacuum leak, so the vehicle went into a limp mode. Finally found the issue. It wasn't that blue t fitting underneath the IC. It was the hose that ran from the fitting down to some other part near the alternator. That's where it came off. Drive your Subaru around long enough with a vacuum leak and the vehicle is programmed to go into protection mode. Basically my turbo went into hibernation. I know what an RLC circuit is. I don't know anything about cars. Anyways it blew up a week after I reconnected that hose.

Doubt if that was the reason. Just because it went into protection mode doesn't mean It forgot how to give the turbo oil when it asked for it. Idk though...

I'm going to check the pick up tube. But that seems like an even further fetch. Usually when those go, they take the whole engine.

Anyone have a ideas?

You should start your own thread. or read many of the others with the same issue.

#ynansb.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

INTP_ty, with all those issues you have with your turbos, I suggest you contact Infamous or JMP, so they can point you in the right directions.

Did you get the car tune after each turbo was installed?

My wife's balls are delicious.

20 here, I originally started saving up for a LGT last year and managed to save up 8k. So I went out and bought a... civic. And of course it turned into a money pit. But in the end I did buy my 2.5i legacy. Kinda happy I didn't get an LGT after reading all the horror stories of needing new motors.

20 here, I originally started saving up for a LGT last year and managed to save up 8k. So I went out and bought a... civic. And of course it turned into a money pit. But in the end I did buy my 2.5i legacy. Kinda happy I didn't get an LGT after reading all the horror stories of needing new motors.

I guess you've never went to WOT on one of these GT's that is stage 2 or better.

It's worth it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I totally believe it, and I have nothing against LGTs. If I wasn't a college student I'd get one.

Biggest financial mistake I have made as a college student was buying my LGT and then getting bit by the mod bug. But its also a ton of fun to have especially since I live on campus so I only drive it on the weekends if I absolutely have to go somewhere.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

INTP_ty, with all those issues you have with your turbos, I suggest you contact Infamous or JMP, so they can point you in the right directions.

Did you get the car tune after each turbo was installed?

My mom sent me pics today. I guess I did get the wrong sized fitting with my kit:/

Damn lol

One side was correct but the other was bored.

Biggest financial mistake I have made as a college student was buying my LGT and then getting bit by the mod bug. But its also a ton of fun to have especially since I live on campus so I only drive it on the weekends if I absolutely have to go somewhere.

Mine was not taking the money from the totaled car and putting it on the car that literally had that amount left on the lein and be debt free temporarily. Nope I had to go chace my 2 year Legacy GT pipe dream and jumped on the one that came up for sale. My Mazda was 4 years old with 20K miles on the odo and 9k on the engine at the time almost paid off. A combination of 18.65 1/4 times and knowing the tranny may be next out of warranty to make me want to get far far away from it. Legacy is paid off but just about at the point of paying it off again in parts.

Car: 2005 ABP LGT non-limited 5EAT

Mods:

Powertrain:

Cobb catted DP

Bosal v.1.5 catback

Grimmspeed UP (coated and wrapped)

Grimmspeed crossover pipe (coated and wrapped)

Grimmspeed PnP exhaust manifold (coated)

Itsme RacerX FMIC

AEM CAI

Cobb APv.2 (Infamous1 tuned)

TruCool 4452 transmission cooler

Handling:

Bilstein HD struts

Spec.B front tophats

Pink springs

Rallitek 19mm RSB

Kartboy endlinks

Cusco front strut tower bar

17 x 7.5 bronze Rota SDRs

225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza PP RE960s

Hawk HPS pads all around

Exterior

35% Llumar window tint

Jinsu stacked oval smoked taillight overlays

Cleared 05 headlights

HKC-Speed ABP eyelids

painted stock grill Satin black

de-badged trunk

JDM rain visors

RavSpec PU front lip

OEM outback hitch (p/n: L101SAG000)

Interior

Casopolis delrin AT shift knob/blacked out shifter surround

AEM digital boost gauge/nrym98 A pillar pod

LED map lights, puddle lights, dome light, trunk and license plate lights

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5356/87572506.jpg

Just an update:

Car: 2005 ABP LGT non-limited 5EAT

Current Mods:

Powertrain:

Grimmspeed UP (coated and wrapped)

Grimmspeed crossover pipe (coated and wrapped)

Grimmspeed PnP exhaust manifold (coated)

Cobb catted DP (and Cobb turbo heat shield)

K2 Gear midpipe

Wangan axlebacks

Process West TMIC/splitter

1.00mm restrictor pill

Perrin lightweight crank pulley

AEM CAI

Forge BPV

Cobb APv.2 (Infamous1 tune)

TruCool 4452 transmission cooler

Engine bay bling: SPT battery tie down and oil cap. Subtle Solutions alternator cover and Radiator shroud.

Handling:

Bilstein HD struts (Spec.B front top hats)

Pink springs

Hotchkis F/R sways

Kartboy endlinks

Progress RSB reinforcement mounts

STI front lower arm bar

Spec.B aluminum front LCAs

Whiteline front LCA bushings (rear is added caster version, maxed out)

Whiteline RCK

18x8 +45 Enkei Raijin

235/40/18 Sumitomo HTR Z III

18x8 +45 Enkei GT7

235/40/18 Continental DWS

Brembo calipers (front) from 08 STI

Centric Rotors F/R

Hawk HPS pads

Goodridge SS brake lines F/R

GrimmSpeed master cylinder brace

Exterior

35% Llumar window tint

Jinsu stacked oval smoked taillight overlays

Painted fog covers Satin black

Plasti-dipped grill

JDM rain visors

de-badged trunk

cleared headlights

Rally Armor UR mudflaps

Stanza roof spoiler

Hella horns

JNA Performance front lip

Rear fenders rolled

Interior

Casopolis delrin AT shift knob

AEM digital boost gauge (in nrym98 A-pillar pod)

R-Rev interior LED kit

Diode Dynamics blue trunk LED (+license plate LEDs)

Blacked out shifter surround

OEM underseat subwoofer

Only 62,XXX on her. Plan to keep this car forever, maybe a VF52 or JMP-VF40 down the line.

Car: 2005 SWP LGT 5MT

Milage: 67,127 as of today lol

Powertrain:

Grimmspeed UP

Grimmspeed TMIC

Grimmspeed EBCS

Invidia catted DP (heat wrapped)

EGT delete

Stromung quad tip (polished mufflers and tips)

Crawford AOS

Infamous oil line kit

KSTech 73mm CAI

Cobb V3 (Mikey Botti tuned)

DW 65c

DW 850cc

Perrin turbo inlet

Blouch TD05-440XT (8cm)

Handling:

Stoptech OEM Sport kit slotted rotors

Stoptech pads

Stoptech SS brake lines F/R

Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2

Exterior

Plasti-dipped black grill

de-badged trunk with Silver/Pink STI badge

Home Depot DIY front lip

Cobb front plate delete

Grimmspeed license plate relocation kit

Interior

OEM STi black Duracon shift knob

Defi 52mm White racer Boost and Oil pressure gauges

JCSPods Stealth cubby pod

Maintenance

Gates timing belt kit/water pump

OEM oil pump

OEM OCVs driver/passenger

NGK 1 step colder

Bought her last year with 65k miles all mods and maintenance have been done in the last 1200 miles. Next power mods will be TGV deletes and Perrin equal length header in the next few weeks followed by coils and wheels before spring time.

Car : 05 apb Lgt lmtd mt

Miles 117xxx new short block and turbo at 116xxx

Mods: magna flow cbe, 18x8 enkie rpf1s, prosport boost and oil pressure gauges hidden in cubby with cubby pod, rally armor mud flaps, Thule roof rack with two bike trays and snowboard rack for winter, hid low beams and fogs, bayson r jdm style front lip.

Dbro

Car : 05 apb Lgt lmtd mt

Miles 117xxx new short block and turbo at 116xxx

Mods: magna flow cbe, 18x8 enkie rpf1s, prosport boost and oil pressure gauges hidden in cubby with cubby pod, rally armor mud flaps, Thule roof rack with two bike trays and snowboard rack for winter, hid low beams and fogs, bayson r jdm style front lip.

Dbro

Contact CT08Spec.B and see if he can save you money on car insurance, tell him I sent you.

What town do you live in ?

Archived