LegacyGT.com

Do we get the JDM key???

I can't see why you guys would want such a crappy key. It's very small, not colourcoded or backlit. As they said on a test here, it's a sloppy key for a car that wants to be a premium key and compared it with the BMW, Audi , Mercedes and Volvo keys. The button for the boot unlocks it but you can't lock it again so you have to use the lock button again, no use for it at all. This is how it it looks [URL]http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=868[/URL]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='petmor']I can't see why you guys would want such a crappy key. It's very small, not colourcoded or backlit. As they said on a test here, it's a sloppy key for a car that wants to be a premium key and compared it with the BMW, Audi , Mercedes and Volvo keys. The button for the boot unlocks it but you can't lock it again so you have to use the lock button again, no use for it at all. This is how it it looks [URL]http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=868[/URL][/quote] Just curious. How far away can you activate the car? I'm wondering if the power of the transmitter is different because it is smaller (it appears to be smaller anyway).

[quote name='PolarDog']What? I thought I was polite and graciously thanked him each time he answered... Should I have done something differently? Besides. It's his job.[/QUOTE] IMO, you're hounding this guy over something that he has no control over. Also IMO, you're whining like a toddler who's not getting his way... You:But I want the coooooolllll key! SOA:Sorry, it won't work with your car... You:But I want the coooool key!!!! SOA:I'm sorry, we have no plans to offer the key. YOU:But, I want the coooooolll key!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just my opinion.....

[quote name='crash']IMO, you're hounding this guy over something that he has no control over. Also IMO, you're whining like a toddler who's not getting his way... You:But I want the coooooolllll key! SOA:Sorry, it won't work with your car... You:But I want the coooool key!!!! SOA:I'm sorry, we have no plans to offer the key. YOU:But, I want the coooooolll key!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just my opinion.....[/quote] +1 But I kinda like reading about Samir's escalating level of annoyance!

[quote name='PolarDog']Just curious. How far away can you activate the car? I'm wondering if the power of the transmitter is different because it is smaller (it appears to be smaller anyway).[/quote] I guess it would be about 30 - 40 ft. Still, I must say that the key is no hit!!

[quote name='crash']IMO, you're hounding this guy over something that he has no control over. Also IMO, you're whining like a toddler who's not getting his way... You:But I want the coooooolllll key! SOA:Sorry, it won't work with your car... You:But I want the coooool key!!!! SOA:I'm sorry, we have no plans to offer the key. YOU:But, I want the coooooolll key!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Just my opinion.....[/quote] Hmmm.. I respectfully disagree. I do not believe that asking for information constitutes whining or hounding. I do have a need to carry less bulk, so I think that the question is pertinent. Based on your argument, you are suggesting that: 1) You believe that because you are happy with the key, that EVERYONE should be happy with the key. 2) You believe that if SOA does not offer the key, then the customers must not want it. Your argument is cemented in satisfaction of the status quo, which is quite offensive considering my experience on this boards suggests the otherwise. So I guess I will go my own way and you yours. btw, do you have a toddler? I can assure you that my questions are nothing close to how a toddler whines.... Cheers.

[quote name='PolarDog']Hmmm.. I respectfully disagree. I do not believe that asking for information constitutes whining or hounding. I do have a need to carry less bulk, so I think that the question is pertinent. Based on your argument, you are suggesting that: 1) You believe that because you are happy with the key, that EVERYONE should be happy with the key. 2) You believe that if SOA does not offer the key, then the customers must not want it. Your argument is cemented in satisfaction of the status quo, which is quite offensive considering my experience on this boards suggests the otherwise. So I guess I will go my own way and you yours. btw, do you have a toddler? I can assure you that my questions are nothing close to how a toddler whines.... Cheers.[/QUOTE] I hate the key. I wish SOA offered a smaller key. I am the furthest thing from the status quo that you can get. I just understand that the CSR monkeys that they have answering emails have never and will never tell you or any other person anything about future products that has not already been released via a press release. If you really want to use the key that bad, buy it, take it to a [B]machine shop[/B], have them cut it out to match, take it to your dealer and see if they can get the RFID chip inside of the key (if it even has one) to mate up with your ECU and use it. Just don't expect SOA to tell you if it will work or not. And yes, I do have a toddler :lol: BTW, how old are you and what industry do you work in?

• 4 months later...

Archived