LegacyGT.com

Thinking of buying a 97 subaru legacy sedan gt !! Help me please !!!

I want the folding mirrors!!

you could get a tape ipod hookup too, I just switched to that and it's much clearer than the transmitter. what'r you thinking you're gonna do about buying the car?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine has the stock head unit with cd player and tape deck but since the one you are looking at is a 97 I think the CD Player was still optional. Mine tape deck just went back a couple days ago so I just bought a really nice Pioneer deck to replace it. I will take pics when I get it in.

• I Donated
I love my 97 GT. I use it as a daily driver....it handles great, its fast, gets good gas mileage, etc....IMO You can't get a better car

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Mine has the stock head unit with cd player and tape deck but since the one you are looking at is a 97 I think the CD Player was still optional. Mine tape deck just went back a couple days ago so I just bought a really nice Pioneer deck to replace it. I will take pics when I get it in.

welcome to 2010

I want the folding mirrors!!

you could get a tape ipod hookup too, I just switched to that and it's much clearer than the transmitter. what'r you thinking you're gonna do about buying the car?

Probaly going to buy a used after market deck/head unit and with friends help, install. Dunno how hard it is to install a aftermarket deck in it though. Maybe remove the spoiler, change the exhaust and intake to give it a low growl. Also, some tinting, paint rims dark gold or black and red calipers. This is what i want to do and imagine it will look pretty nice with these mods, but i dunno if half of it will get done unless i can find these parts for cheap and minimium labour cost or none.

:lol: Might just end up buying the vehicle and not do anything to it except maybe the deck.

decks are an easy install.. get a subaru wiring harness off of ebay for like $5, or a wrx double din wil plug and play..

i painted my calipers red and black behind black wheels, they look great

Do you have photo of the wheel and caliper looks like. Thanks

I can't find that little connecter that goes from the Subaru wiring harness and then connects to my Pioneer deck. I don't want to cut my wires and stuff. Do you know where one is that isn't on eBay? Because I don't want to wait around shipping!

Damn, I would drive to Spokane but I can't tomorrow because I work and then all weekend I'll be sitting at home because I'm getting all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on Thursday morning.

corolla s? where's the love there??

sorry to bash you, I'm just not a fan of toyotas. I mean, the subie is my first car, but I've been in many many other cars and the legacy has the most personality. it's very reliable, great road manners/feedback, sharp looks for a 10+ year old car, monstrous in the snow, and just all around fun. I'll take the 97 gt that you didn't pick up, and have a project one around :D

corolla s? where's the love there??

sorry to bash you, I'm just not a fan of toyotas. I mean, the subie is my first car, but I've been in many many other cars and the legacy has the most personality. it's very reliable, great road manners/feedback, sharp looks for a 10+ year old car, monstrous in the snow, and just all around fun. I'll take the 97 gt that you didn't pick up, and have a project one around :D

ya, no doubt the corolla will probably be good, if its a manual it will be okay to drive, but just like kaz said you lose all the personality and definitely lose in the snow. that being said you wont have to deal with a likely headgasket issue and alot lower gas being its a 1.8 or so and not AWD

you always should test drive a few cars before you buy and find out which is most comfortable and enjoyable to drive for you, i think the leggy would win :p

Actually decided upon getting a 2001 corolla s

I was going to say if you were thinking then you don't need a subaru. They are a love/hate relation.

I can see why he picked it.. Looks like a subaru legacy with mini 04-05 impreza headlights. Can't go wrong with 30+mpg easy

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2968000-2968999/2968384_46_full.jpg

VanCity, you have disappointed almost everyone in this forum! I hope your gas pedal doesn't get stuck! Might want to check that out. I really haven't meet anyone who isn't a PROUD owner of a Subaru, everyone loves them. Maybe one day you will get one though and then you will think hmmm.. I should have bought that '97 LGT instead of the Corolla. I've got nothing against you, just wish you would have gotten the Subaru!

Archived