LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy owners, get ready for a recall

Adam G

I've had to take my LGT in to the dealer twice in the past week for the same CEL. The first time they diagnosed it as a bad O2 sensor, replaced it, and I was on my way. Same problem happened again two days later. I took it in last night and they diagnosed the same problem and are giving me the same fix although the dealer said that whether or not it happens again is hit or miss. Apparently 200,000 bad O2 sensors left the Bosch factory this year and there's no way to tell which ones are bad and which ones are fine, and that's going to be the basis for the recall. The service tech said that they've got brand new cars sitting on the lot with bad O2 sensors even though they only have like five miles on them.

So Mr. Bosch, thanks a lot for nothing. :mad:

glad to see you finally made it over from CSi.....even though you already have 24 posts under your belt. i'll have to inquire about the O2 sensor recall when i bring my suby in friday...did you hit up gerald, or a dealership out in the city?

Thanks! :D What's your SN over there?

I take it to Gerald only because they give me little coupons for free car rental with service, otherwise I'd be out of pocket $35 for a rental if I took it to Mid-City.

Thanks! :D What's your SN over there?

I take it to Gerald only because they give me little coupons for free car rental with service, otherwise I'd be out of pocket $35 for a rental if I took it to Mid-City.

i'm the one that ref'd you to good ole bob elsner, that should answer your question;)

hopefully gerald subaru of north aurora is aware of this as well. i'd like to assume so, since they're under the gerald nissan/subaru umbrella....

some day, i hope to rock a mini s. whats the average price for a pre-driven one these days?

Right now, close enuff to new MSRP to make it worth getting new car finance rates. Both good and bad news. Used MCS values are just now starting to drop in the last few months......if you wait a bit, they will drop more when the new '07 comes out next summer. I want a used one for my daily driver - I already have 10K on my LGT since Nov. and the fiance hides the keys to the MCS from me. :rolleyes:

i'm the one that ref'd you to good ole bob elsner, that should answer your question;)

Hi tbaggin :)

<--- Still pissed you didnt get your $50. Even if you didnt call him beforehand he still wouldnt have had that sale without you. What B.S. :mad:

hopefully gerald subaru of north aurora is aware of this as well. i'd like to assume so, since they're under the gerald nissan/subaru umbrella....

When I was talking to the service tech he had just heard about the recall five minutes before because the district Subaru guy was out there to check on my car himself and told the tech. If North Aurora doesnt know about it yet, I assume they will in the near future.

Hi tbaggin :)

<--- Still pissed you didnt get your $50. Even if you didnt call him beforehand he still wouldnt have had that sale without you. What B.S. :mad:

When I was talking to the service tech he had just heard about the recall five minutes before because the district Subaru guy was out there to check on my car himself and told the tech. If North Aurora doesnt know about it yet, I assume they will in the near future.

no worries on the fitty bones, i just wanted to make sure you were in good hands when getting your LGT.

aside from that, i'm sure they'll know by friday about the recall.

on a side note - i got a 2.5i loaner for a day last week; what a friggin dog that thing was. 0-60 in 10 yrs, at least.....

on a side note - i got a 2.5i loaner for a day last week; what a friggin dog that thing was. 0-60 in 10 yrs, at least.....

For real. The past two times I've had it in I had a base Forester with the auto. Not only is that thing slow as balls, but it's ugly as sin, to boot.

Was it a 5 speed or auto? Personally I don't think that the 2.5i limited is bad at all. Mine goes pretty damn good, not like the GT obviously but still good nonetheless. Honestly, if I didn't have to cover the leftover from my trade-in, I would have gotten a GT limited, but I am still pretty happy. I have been reading threads on ECU flashes, can that be done w/ a non-turbo? Also doesn anyone know of some mod's I can do, that would not void the extended 100,000 mile warranty I purchased? Any tips on boosting HP would be appreciated. A little extra kick in the pants would be nice.

Was it a 5 speed or auto? Personally I don't think that the 2.5i limited is bad at all. Mine goes pretty damn good, not like the GT obviously but still good nonetheless. Honestly, if I didn't have to cover the leftover from my trade-in, I would have gotten a GT limited, but I am still pretty happy. I have been reading threads on ECU flashes, can that be done w/ a non-turbo? Also doesn anyone know of some mod's I can do, that would not void the extended 100,000 mile warranty I purchased? Any tips on boosting HP would be appreciated. A little extra kick in the pants would be nice.

it was an auto. if the stick model moves as sluggish as this one did, i'd be more sad.

i knew the moment i stepped on the gas, that it was a dog. it just didnt have the pull my GT does (obviously).

aside from the base legacy lacking the ummph, it was good to see that the ride was as quiet, and how the handling was simliar to that of the GT.

i did miss the auto dual climate control, but thats just details....:p

The code I got was P2097. Rear cat system too rich. The front O2 sensor was the bad one. When the CEL comes on the cruise control light will flash too preventing you from using the cruise control.

[conspiracy theory]Have you been told NOT to talk about clutch issues by SOA?[/conspiracy theory]

:lol:

:lol: No I've actually been expecting to get a few in so I can send QMR reports to Subaru to alert them of a potential problem...but we haven't seen any yet...

As far as Legacy issues go so far we've had:

6 cars with broken floor mat hooks

2 cars with faulty door switches (dome light)

2 cars with the faulty A/C auto climate control (digital part just stopped working)

1 car with the cooling fan stuck on

1 car with the rattle coming from the front subframe (5EAT)

...and we've sold a bunch...

P.S. BTW the cruise control light will come on with just about any CEL as the computer shuts the cruise down as a precaution to prevent any additional damage.

:lol: No I've actually been expecting to get a few in so I can send QMR reports to Subaru to alert them of a potential problem...but we haven't seen any yet...

2 cars with the faulty A/C auto climate control (digital part just stopped working)

P.S. BTW the cruise control light will come on with just about any CEL as the computer shuts the cruise down as a precaution to prevent any additional damage.

What about the clutch and the stuttering?

I have a CEL that appears pretty regularly on my Legacy 2.5i. Unfortantely, it either doesn't happen on Saturday (only time I can make it in), or I just don't have the time. My wife is also experiencing a clunking noise from the right front suspension when braking in her Outback 2.5i. I'm hoping to get at least one of them in next weekend.

Archived