LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy owners, get ready for a recall

Adam G

What about the clutch and the stuttering?

Not one complaint of either yet.

I have a CEL that appears pretty regularly on my Legacy 2.5i. Unfortantely, it either doesn't happen on Saturday (only time I can make it in), or I just don't have the time. My wife is also experiencing a clunking noise from the right front suspension when braking in her Outback 2.5i. I'm hoping to get at least one of them in next weekend.

The CEL will be stored in the ECU so we can read it if it's on or off. Bring either car in when you can! We want to make sure they are right! :D

:lol: No I've actually been expecting to get a few in so I can send QMR reports to Subaru to alert them of a potential problem...but we haven't seen any yet...

As far as Legacy issues go so far we've had:

6 cars with broken floor mat hooks

2 cars with faulty door switches (dome light)

2 cars with the faulty A/C auto climate control (digital part just stopped working)

1 car with the cooling fan stuck on

1 car with the rattle coming from the front subframe (5EAT)

...and we've sold a bunch...

P.S. BTW the cruise control light will come on with just about any CEL as the computer shuts the cruise down as a precaution to prevent any additional damage.

Your mention of a stuck cooling fan caught my eye. My Legacy GT since October has had an issue whereas after 5-10 mins of driving..the cooling fan will turn on..and will run CONTINUOUSLY until the car is shut off. Does this sound even vaguely familiar???

- Justin

Not one complaint of either yet.

The CEL will be stored in the ECU so we can read it if it's on or off. Bring either car in when you can! We want to make sure they are right! :D

Unless Subbies are different, I thought the CEL codes would reset after so many engine starts. I had a problem with my 01 Mazda 626 and the CEL would come on and after so many starts, the computer would reset the code. I ended up dring the car to the dealer one day when the CEL came on, left the car running in the parking space, and told the service writer that my car was running and that I finally had the CEL on. The tech came out drove the car in the back and left the engine running until he could pull the code. It ended up being a bad catalitic converter.

-S

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if I just had the same issue. 16 hrs of driving over the last four days (out-of-state funeral) and the same CEL came up twice, under wildly different circumstances. P2096 - post catalyst system too lean. Happened once while on extended 60 mph cruise, once after a run to 120. Seems to be rear O2, not front, based on freeze frame data. Fuel trims and front O2 readings look great, car's running great, lotsa carbon on the mufflers so if anything I'm probably a little rich. Never happened in 7500 miles, then twice on that trip. Never caught the bugger as a pending code either, seemed to be an instantaneous limit?

Well, the Outback seems to be ok. No more noise from the suspension. The Legacy threw another CEL yesterday. I'll be by tomorrow AM for the switch (I'll also call today to confirm).

Archived