LegacyGT.com

Opinion Black vs Silver

jarrod

Looking at getting a limited lgt in May..wondering if people out there that owned black and silver lgt's were happy with their colors. I'm afraid black might fade and may not look as good as silver would in a few years.

Looking at getting a limited lgt in May..wondering if people out there that owned black and silver lgt's were happy with their colors. I'm afraid black might fade and may not look as good as silver would in a few years.

I was likewise torn b/w black and silver. Saw a black one at the dealer and could notice swirl marks on the paint, esp the hood. at the DEALER! Chose the silver. It looks awsome. Very happy with it, zero regrets. :D Looks clean longer and phenomenal when cleaned and waxed.

Silver...I didn't wash my car for 4 months other than the 24hr pressure washer(woops) still looked clean, washed it last night, wow does it look good.

I agree with the black comments, it looks amazing when clean but only stays that way for 5 min. I had a black car once, never again.

don't listen to silver owners they don't know what they're talking about...

here's proof that black looks good for at least 2 hours after washing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/urabus/subaru/ob4.jpg

Yea my dad has an 02 Chevy truck that's black...the paint already looks a bit faded on it...my sister has a silver mazda 6..its has a more refined look that i like...black just looks sportier and more aggressive i think. I like the white too but my mom has a white 2.5i

I know the question is black vs. silver but I got the white as I thought the silver wagon was a little too plain-looking. White just spoke to me in a much stronger way while at the dealership looking at all of them.

Don't get me wrong, I've had two black cars in the past and absolutely love black on a car, but I was tired like all the others with the endless cleaning and blemishes that are so noticable after time- and I used to work at a car detailer as a teen, so detailing is in my blood!

Black is best- for about a day, silver hides all the things that make black a pain. White hides stuff too and is much less common on the road nowadays than silver.

SOA just needs to step up and offer better color choices,..Black is the meanest, nicest, awesome color that they offer as Ive seen it on the LGT and WRX, but it is a pain to maintain,..I would get this color since they dont offer a WRX red or dark Grey,...

Silver and White are too plain Jane for me, and the Red they offer is a little to dark,...

I think for a large sporty type car, they need to make more aggressive colors available like the WRX blue, and WRX dark grey they have as the Regal Blue and other blue is ok, but not my first choice,..

Guess Im trying to say is that other than black, white and silver, the other colors just dont match the LGT's personality,...

my 2cents

I actually was torn between the black and silver myself. I chose the Silver. Unless you wash your car every other day or so, or at least once a wk, black is gonna be a pain to keep clean. Everyone says the Legacy's silver is plain, but I just came inside a while back from some sunny a** weather, and the silver was showing its flakes too...It really does have that metallic flake in it; the silvers just have smaller flakes than the black ones do. That is why the black is more attractive at first glance, in my personal opinion. But hey, your gonna drive the car, and go stare at the two side by side, see which one stays in your mind, I know thats what i did:lol:

if you get black, you dont have to worry about that color-coded bumper support in the lower grille. To me, it just kills the car.. that's why I got black over white and red.

Not a fan of pearl additives unless it's a shaded darker color. So Pearl white is out of the question. The Sedona Red isnt appealing enough for me, I need the old 1999 Rio Red (think brighter red) for a sports sedan. The blues are not world rally or SUPER BRIGHT EXOTIC BLUE.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived