LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

When I was chosing the color, I thought about it for a real long time. I was going back and forth between the two, hyper silver and bronze.

But after 3 sets of dark rims (two anthracite, one bronze) I decided I wanted a change, and went with the hyper silver.

• 3 weeks later...

whaddaya guys think about these for my '08 QSM? I've been shot down on 5 pairs of wheels so far, from Volk GT-v (too pricey), Rev Model2 (discontinued), Arospeed Express (no polished lip), Enkei RSV (bad fit), Arospeed Project 5 (out of stock), so now I'm looking at these, but I gotta act soon if I'm going to, cuz the New England winter is coming!

BTW: real 2-piece construction, no fake bolts here.

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images_products/L_4315.jpg

They're from Sport Max, #502 is the name of the wheel, and they're about $180-200/each depending where you look for an 18x7.5 and a 42 offset.

I can get them mounted on some 225/40/18 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S tires for about $1500 installed on my GT including new TPMS sensors.

They're from Sport Max, #502 is the name of the wheel, and they're about $180-200/each depending where you look for an 18x7.5 and a 42 offset...

is a 42 offset big enough for an 18" on an LGT?

I looked at another style of the same brand, but thought an LGT needed at least a 45 offset.

those look good though!

the lower the offset, the further out the wheel sticks ....... like a 7.5 +20 would be way past the fender and a 7.5 +65 would hit the suspension.

I could swear there was good fitment with the enkei rsv ..........

edit: there is .......... 18x7.5 +45 5x100 $162

Mainly fender clearance. With the 42 offset, the wheel tire will be pushed closer to the fender. You possibly won't be able to run as wide a tire.

Some might also argue about extra stress on wheel bearings, but I dunno about that.

OK, that makes sense. I'll be running Pirelli PZero Nero M&S 225/40/18 on them. I dunno how wide those are in comparison to a benchmark.

I could swear there was good fitment with the enkei rsv ..........

edit: there is .......... 18x7.5 +45 5x100 $162

Sorry, the RSV's I decided against because of the color. I decided I REALLY liked the idea of hyperblack on the '08 QSM color, so that's why I nixed those ones. They were Anthracite, which I think would be more gunmetal, maybe even darker. I like that blackish chrome high gloss with a nice polished lip. And I really liked those too.

I first flocked to those Volk GT-V's through 40+ pages when I know nothing about who they were and those were the ones I picked, but I found out they were $700/ea so I canceled those right there. The last pair I found and ordered (backordered) looked very close to those GTV for $170/ea, but when they told me they couldn't get those for a while I found that 2 piece wheel that looks pretty similar, but with the 2 sides of the split spokes being a little closer, and having a little less curve than the ones that I ordered. But, the other ones were a faux 2-piece, these are real. ;)

I dunno, it's pretty close to winter here, I may just hold up til next year. Gotta decide this weekend though. :)

I'm going with the ROTA Tarmac III's in Hyper Black 18x8 to replace my R1 Rims. Hit a 6ft. wide pothole and cracked 'em in half!!

:eek::eek::eek:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family