LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

I have NO idea how much they cost or where to get them, but my intuition tells me that a three piece wheel is going to be FAR out of my price range.

:-)

If they weren't heavy to start with I was considering raising up the funds for them. Really no comparison. They are top notch and look the best that I've seen so far. But they really do weigh a buttload.

If you don't care, it is worth it to save up!!!!:p:spin:

Right around the ring of 2,800-3000 just for the wheels. You order them custom made, offset and everything straight from ROH. Give them a call if you have questions.

Oh man, that IS a buttload. Heavy or not, I still lust over them.

I've got a question...I'm kind of a noob at this wheel/tire thing as far as the numbers go and you guys seem to know your shhh. I'm looking at rims and seeing as I'm in New England I was gonna use my stockers for snow rims. I was planning on going the easy route and getting 17" rims so that I could just use the Potenzas that came on the car on the new rims, and I would only have to buy winter tires.

I also considered 18" cuz they look pretty hot, but then obviously I would have to buy 2 sets of tires (winters and 18's). This is going to add another $800 to the cost which I'm not sure if I wanna part with right now.

I'm looking at the Rev Model 2 rims (17x7 +42 offset) and my question is whether my stock Potenzas (215/45/17) will swap onto these. If they don't and I need to buy new tires anyhow, I'll probably just get 18"s seeing as I'm buying 2 sets of tires anyhow. Another thing, will this limit my options with tires down the road, with the wheel being only a 7 vs a 7.5 or 8?

One last question, more of a poll if you will. I have an '08 in Quartz Silver (QS i guess in leggyland??). For those who haven't seen it, the color is a few shades darker than Brilliant Silver of '07. On those Rev Model 2's I am debating on Gunmetal or Hyper. It's tough to tell without seeing the wheels in person, but Gunmetal is darker and might add some contrast as it looks a little darker than the '08Quartz, while Hyper appears that it would be a pretty close color match, and would blend in with the car for the 'smooth' look. What do you guys think? Anyone have pics of the Hyper color, the one on the website I found isn't very good.

Thanks in advance

those tires will swap over ....... color for the wheels is all personal preference.

I'd want wheels with a higher offset. If you want inexpensive wheels with a perfect fit for subies, rota is the way to go.

Rota Tarmac II's (17x7.5, 48mm Offset)

Goodyear F1-DS3's (215/45/17)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r230/ZinFreak/Legacy/asti.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r230/ZinFreak/Legacy/tarmacii.jpg

what color were those tarmacs?

Well the Rev Model 2's will be like $600 shipped to my door, so they're not really expensive, and they're one of my favorite besides those ill nasty Volk GTV's (which I can't afford nor do I feel like having my car stolen for the wheels). Does anyone have/Has anyone seen the Hyper color vs the Gunmetal? Is the hyper still greyish or is it more chromish (i just made up 2 words)

Heres my contribution

Old:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m175/rosso_05/100_0279-1.jpg

New:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m175/rosso_05/100_0844.jpg

Thanks oxide, ill post more pics in the official OBP photo thread.

Hey NFSW the rims are the tuned by sti rims by enkie, standard on my car. Yep they are the same as on the fozzie xt in your link. These ones are charcoal in colour & size is 18x7.5.