LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2011 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Waaazooo: No worries. ;) This was a line someone tried to pass off as a reason for the loss of the folding mirrors even though they were already being built in Indiana in the first place. :lol:

SATSFYD: Check here. There are sales threads each month. :)

are you trying to say something here????:rolleyes:

I only said that because that was what the guys at SOA told me....I never said that was true and that I accepted that answer.

And since you asked in another thread....the only update for the 2011 Legacy's are folding mirrors.

I guess enough people complained about them that SOA listened.....you have to admit one thing about Subaru...They will listen to their customers and make adjustments when needed....not wait a few years until a redesign comes out.

I parked next to a brand new black Fusion Sport the other day - looked really nice! If my Legacy were to get totaled today, that's what I'd probably replace it with! With any luck, though, I'll keep my car for a good while, and maybe Subaru's next redesign won't be so horrible.

Doesn't a Fusion have fixed mirrors??? I know Ford really likes them as most if not all of their vehicles have fixed mirrors...including the expensive MKZ (a Fusion in nicer clothes)...

I only said that because that was what the guys at SOA told me....I never said that was true and that I accepted that answer.

And since you asked in another thread....the only update for the 2011 Legacy's are folding mirrors.

I guess enough people complained about them that SOA listened.....you have to admit one thing about Subaru...They will listen to their customers and make adjustments when needed....not wait a few years until a redesign comes out.

Blinkers on the mirrors? If so.... I'll need some part numbers :cool:

Can confirm 2011 order dates -- just received the following in an email from a SOA rep:

"You can place an order for a 2011 Outback 3.6R on Monday 4/19. Delivery for the 2011 Outbacks will begin in mid-June (check with your dealer for your specific vehicle)."

That's correct. I'm waiting on the 2011 pricing to see what changes there are...plus I have some orders to put in as well.

To Wazoo----no blinkers on the mirrors. And to be honest, with the exception of a tiny sliver on the 08-09 that stuck past the side of the mirror, the placement was useless. Anyone that would see your indicators on the mirrors (because they were on the front of the mirror and not the side or rear) could see your front blinker.

Honestly, imho the only decent design for turn signals mirrors are the ones that had an arrow on the actual mirror, or the ones that lit up the side of the mirrors so that it could be seen if a person was directly next to you or in your blind spot.

I was at a dealer today looking at the 2010 Legacy as I am most likely going to buy the 2.5i Premium 6M. I saw stickers on the windows of all the cars saying 'last of the 2010's'. I asked what was going to be different in the 2011 and was told, SOA hasn't told them yet but the sales guy said it would most likely only be some new colors and a price increase. The latter n incentive to buy now.

I saw here ... http://www.wpwallpapers.com/subaru-legacy-facelift-renderings.html that there may be more substantial changes?

Of course now I am hesitant to buy the current model if they are going to make some potential positive improvements to the exterior.

I love the new bigger, more fuel efficient model but I guess I'll hold out a bit and watch this forum to see if there are any significant changes.

You will not see anything substantial style wise for 2011, if anything you may miss out on a new color or other minor stuff. Secondly, those pictures can't be right- both front and rear look like the previous model.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

:lol: Was that you? I totally forgot, I seriously thought it was He Who Shall Not Be Named. :lol:

Thanks for poping in Ver! :D I know we give each other shit but I do appreciate someone who can take a ribbing and still have fun! :p

Thanks for the info though, seriously. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I was at a dealer today looking at the 2010 Legacy as I am most likely going to buy the 2.5i Premium 6M. I saw stickers on the windows of all the cars saying 'last of the 2010's'. I asked what was going to be different in the 2011 and was told, SOA hasn't told them yet but the sales guy said it would most likely only be some new colors and a price increase. The latter n incentive to buy now.

I saw here ... http://www.wpwallpapers.com/subaru-legacy-facelift-renderings.html that there may be more substantial changes?

Of course now I am hesitant to buy the current model if they are going to make some potential positive improvements to the exterior.

I love the new bigger, more fuel efficient model but I guess I'll hold out a bit and watch this forum to see if there are any significant changes.

Looks like the source lost some credibility.

:lol: Was that you? I totally forgot, I seriously thought it was He Who Shall Not Be Named. :lol:

Thanks for poping in Ver! :D I know we give each other shit but I do appreciate someone who can take a ribbing and still have fun! :p

Thanks for the info though, seriously. :)

Are you referring to me?

I stated a year ago that non folding mirrors were stupid

I like the side profle, I'll miss turn signal mirrors, but no folding side mirrors is stupid. Foglights should be standard on the higher trim levels.

I gave the REAL reason why there weren't folding mirrors for 2010 model year.

Folding mirrors are on their way back. Apparently FHI only manufactured regular mirrors or power folding ones. Knowing how FHI's cost structure works... those mirrors would have added $500 to the car. Who is going to pay $500 for mirrors?

I stated a year ago that folding mirrors were coming back

The Forester and Impreza were already decontented. The Legacy was next in line. I wasn't so surprised because I saw it coming. I've also heard the the non folding mirrors are for this model year only.

and again in september...

apparently coming back next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

B4- Please read my post better next time. :lol: I thought it was you who stated that SOA (via dealer or rep or someone) had given such a reason. It was actually Ver who was told this and he already clarified it above. Sorry I didn't remember, my bad. :)

So in the end, it's not folding mirrors that will make the 2011 worth waiting for, it's something that still can't be talked about right? :confused:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Doesn't a Fusion have fixed mirrors??? I know Ford really likes them as most if not all of their vehicles have fixed mirrors...including the expensive MKZ (a Fusion in nicer clothes)...

I'm pretty sure the Fusion mirrors fold, but not positive. I think the Fusion also has a real good 'ol fashioned reliable parking brake, not a stupid button operated electronic one that's dependent upon both the battery and software to work properly.

Edit: I did a google search for "Ford Fusion folding mirrors" and based on some msg board posts that came up, apparently it doesn't have 'em. That's lame.

B4- Please read my post better next time. :lol: I thought it was you who stated that SOA (via dealer or rep or someone) had given such a reason. It was actually Ver who was told this and he already clarified it above. Sorry I didn't remember, my bad. :)

So in the end, it's not folding mirrors that will make the 2011 worth waiting for, it's something that still can't be talked about right? :confused:

That was the point. You associated that BS answer with something I'd say. If it's something I say, you can take it to the bank.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure the Fusion mirrors fold, but not positive. I think the Fusion also has a real good 'ol fashioned reliable parking brake, not a stupid button operated electronic one that's dependent upon both the battery and software to work properly.

Edit: I did a google search for "Ford Fusion folding mirrors" and based on some msg board posts that came up, apparently it doesn't have 'em. That's lame.

so now its lame.:lol:

Who has said the electronic parking brake isn't reliable?

That was the point. You associated that BS answer with something I'd say. If it's something I say, you can take it to the bank.

Oh B4.... read it again, not what YOU would say. Read, I mean REALLY REALLY READ IT. :lol:

Stop taking everything so damn serious or personal buddy. IT'S THE INTERNET! :D I have this feeling you've changed... why so serious? :confused:

2011 NEWS!!! [from my dealer. announced today]

-No more Harvest Gold. It is being replaced by a new color called Caramel Bronze Pearl. It will come with Warm Ivory interior.

-Ruby Red Pearl is being added to the Outback with Warm Ivory interior.

-ALL Outback's equipped with the optional power moon roof will come standard with an auto dimming mirror with a 3.5" display for their BACK UP CAMERA!

And. . .

No news on mirrors

Methinks too many Subie colours are tinkling the warm ivories. . .

I'm mixed on the tan interior. First off, I'm absolutely grateful that they still leave the floor carpeting black, tan/light carpet is just too much work to keep clean. And I do like the 2 tone dash, as the black interior is just too much black IMO. But I do see the armrest and door arm rests getting dirty easily in my car.

-Ronald Reagan

2011 NEWS!!! [from my dealer. announced today]

-No more Harvest Gold. It is being replaced by a new color called Caramel Bronze Pearl. It will come with Warm Ivory interior.

-Ruby Red Pearl is being added to the Outback with Warm Ivory interior.

-ALL Outback's equipped with the optional power moon roof will come standard with an auto dimming mirror with a 3.5" display for their BACK UP CAMERA!

And. . .

No news on mirrors

Methinks too many Subie colours are tinkling the warm ivories. . .

Mmmm I wonder if we could retro fit a back up camera into our older Legacys...

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

from http://www.cars101.com:

011 Outback and Legacy model information released (from 4/19). Early information only. You can now order a 2011 Outback or Legacy. No feature changes, prices, or specs announced yet, so no official conformation on rumored fold-in mirrors or any other changes for the 2011s.

> Outback model line seems to remain the same as 2010. The models are 2.5i manual or CVT, Premium manual or CVT, Limited CVT, 3.6R 5AT, 3.6R Premium 5AT, 3.6R Limited 5AT. Major Option Packages reduced. New colors: Caramel Bronze Pearl replaces Harvest Gold, and Ruby Red Pearl added. Sunroof package now includes new auto dimming mirror with back-up camera.It works well, see 2010 Tribeca page for pictures, and is not available with navigation. There's a new optional rear chrome garnish (not seen).

> Legacy model line seems to remain much the same with 1 less Option Packages, and no GT Premium model. The models are 2.5i manual or CVT, Premium manual or CVT, Limited CVT, GT Limited manual, 3.6R 5AT, 3.6R Premium 5AT, 3.6R Limited 5AT. GT Premium model dropped. There's a new optional rear chrome garnish (not seen). New Caramel Bronze Pearl color replaces Harvest Gold.

> 2011 Impreza information is expected the last week of April

-Ronald Reagan

Archived