LegacyGT.com

stereo time!

I'm going to get a new head unit and then do the speakers later if I want to. I don't think new speakers are completely necessary unless your head units send a lot of power to them and make them blow. Right now I'm saving for new tires.. And my parents are making me get winter tires this year since I will be driving my car 1,000 to 2,000 miles a month.

I have 4 speaker set up with two tweeters. Alpine sells a set with just two speakers and a set with two speakers and two tweeters. I picked up one of each set, 79.99 for just speakers set and 99.99 for tweeter and speaker set. SPS-600 and SPS-600C are the product numbers. Online Alpine wants $120 and $150, so $270 for all the speakers and I paid $180 for all of mine.

I bought them from a local stereo shop, and got a killer deal on them. Shop around you could probably find a similar deal.

My alpines sound better than my dads Bose speakers in his truck. I was so impressed with the sound quality when I installed them. All I need now is to upgrade the wires and put a 350W amp in and I will be set.

im going to put 4 alpines and possibly 4 tweeters if i get creative enough.

does anyone have a 6 speaker setup? and are they in the rear doors?

but you might as well use the stock ones at least for a few weeks might as well blow them :p or if not u can place them back in the car when u sell it.

I have two 12 inch alpine type R subs but that would be overkill im only gonna box one and give it 500watts sell the other :p

mmm 12" alpine type Rs

There aren't any in the rear doors, I think the door frame/window/something stupid got in the way for that year. Always worth a shot though. I've got the 4speakers and 2 tweeter setup, so does that count as 6?

If you could get some wagon door panels (I'm not exactly sure if the door panels are the same size though?) for your car then you could put speakers in the rear doors easily, there is already a hole in the door for a speaker to sit there. You would just have to run the speaker wires there. I thought about doing it but then I decided it was more trouble than it is worth.

Sorry to change the subject, but I found a local forester 6cd changer from an 06 for a good price. do you think it will fit in the 98 dash?http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/1640129676.html Looks pretty clean...

$175. guy changed his mind about it, got a couple more offers, and it's not worth it :/ hey fwa!

lgt, I'm really not sure. All the ones I've seen with the ipod hookup are out of the price range for me, so I'm probably stuck with something lower grade. But hey, anything's better than stock for me at least.

Archived