LegacyGT.com

2012 - STI Sedan?

jcdennis

The wing is ugly as hell. However the Impreza on a whole is a grotesque automobile. It looks cheap, and bland like something from 10 years ago, inside and out.

I am liking the return of SI drive however, but the interior is still ass. Ugh

You have this advanced, powerful machine, and you lean over to change the volume and you'd swear Bill Clinton was still president (see attachment)

On the upside, there will be a sunroof. About freaking time

Still, I cant see a reason to get the STI over Evo MR Touring. For the money the Evo gives you a far better tech package, audio system, performance, creature comforts and a DSG type tranny.

http://www.sablogzone.com/carzone/wp-content/gallery/mitsubishi-evo-mr-touring-2010/2010-mitsubishi-evo-mr-touring-1.jpg

20subaruwrx2011nylive.thumb.jpg.5ea2d4c70bb233be2af2b950db7c58b0.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definately the EVO X over the STI sedan. The DSSG gearbox is pretty slick.

I can't help but wonder if Mitsu isn't missing an opportunity.

They have the EVO hardware...

But then they also have the Eclipse body, the Lancer sportback body, and the newly announced Outlander Sport, and even their bigger Galant sedan.

They have the good turbo 4, as well as their "mivec" V6...

One wonders why they aren't stepping up to compete with Subaru, as Subaru seems to be selling well, and Mitsu seems to be evaporating.

Why are they not offering the Dual-clutch gearbox, and manual transmission choice, slightly-detuned-from-EVO turbo 4 or Mivec V6 engine choice, with AWD, on the upper level of those cars?

3-door Coupe

5-door compact sedan

4-door compact sedan

4-door mid-size sedan

5-door CUV

And if the Eclipse and Galant got a bit of a makeover for some sportier styling... the Lancer-based cars and the new Outlander Sport already look pretty good, compared to the Impreza, especially.

Even if they keep the base trim lines as FWD, and offer the sporty AWD drivetrain upgrades, with gearbox and engine choices...

They might even end up with a more diverse product mix than Subaru currently has.

Maybe it would kick Subaru in the rear end, and get them to actually compete in the marketplace.

And just as a sidebar note... I want the 18" EVO X MR BBS wheels for my ideal SVX build. I am pretty sure they'll fit very nicely.

The video that was posted earlier in this thread. The fat babyboomer with the glasses at the start who said something about marketing and SOA...

That's the problem.

http://sharylynette.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/family_guy_peter_griffin.jpg

I liked the new Evo's when they first came out, but I am honestly just finding myself disliking them as much as I do Chevy's again. I am a Ford guy, have a 67 Fastback. Its a much different brand of owners from Subaru to Mitsubishi, just like from Ford to Chevy.

I am really wanting to see some track tests of the new STI to see if what Subaru is claiming will put them ahead on paper.

i'm guessing that soa's claims of "fastest sti" is that the new suspension allows the vehicle to maintain higher speeds around the track. if so, they tested the sti vigorously on the nurburgring maybe acheiving a better time around the ring with the new suspension. i've seen the sti sedan in person and sat inside it and liked it very much, i have intentions of test driving one when they hit the showrooms and if i like it then bye bye leggy.

Well, all subaru does is sell ugly cars on great chassis and drivetrains.

When that changes, my opinion of that will change as well.

Do you really like the way Subaru tries to pick and choose combinations, and deny you choices of combinations you might want?

The Legacy is the exception. As it is the most attractive car model (05-09) Subaru has created, IMO. So, saying that 'all' that Subaru does is sell ugly cars on great chassis etc, is not entirely true.

Just had to say that, because 'all' includes 05-09 LGT's, lol.:rolleyes:

The Legacy is the exception. As it is the most attractive car model (05-09) Subaru has created, IMO. So, saying that 'all' that Subaru does is sell ugly cars on great chassis etc, is not entirely true.

Just had to say that, because 'all' includes 05-09 LGT's, lol.:rolleyes:

Sorry if I forgot the modifier "now"

All Subaru does NOW is sell ugly cars on great drivetrains.

Considering they've abandoned all the good looking stuff they've built in the past, including but not limited to both of the Subaru models I've chosen to own.

Sorry if I forgot the modifier "now"

All Subaru does NOW is sell ugly cars on great drivetrains.

Considering they've abandoned all the good looking stuff they've built in the past, including but not limited to both of the Subaru models I've chosen to own.

No worries. I got the hint, since you own a Legacy.

Archived