LegacyGT.com

2.2 miles/tank?

woah. sedans are pretty awesome daley, but the 2nd gen wagons are very nice :)

I'd take a trip, but I gotta do college hunting this week in the northeast. sorry dude, but it's really not that bad once you get it apart. it's just a matter of cleaning them up well and not dropping any of the stupid nuts haha. also, check to see if there's another sender on the passenger side (rectangle plate) because that could be another culprit.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lgtlover... that probably cause i drive it too like 4500 rpm every time and maybe twice i floor it. the automatic is pretty smart.. it shifts right at the redline everytime and with my intake mod it sounds sick at the 6250-6600 range

Amp, Yeah when I hard my aftermarket intake thing my car always shifted at 6,500 RPM when I floored it. Now that the stock stuff is back on it won't go past 6,000 RPM. But I usually keep my car around 3 to 4,000 RPM when driving regular. But since the Trans-X helped the transmission it will shift just over 2,000 and it isn't so rough anymore.

Kaz, it's ok. Mine isn't really too bad. I work all this week anyways. Today and Thursday are the only days I have off but I will make like $175 just this coming week!

Oh haha I know! I didn't want people to ride in my car because of the shifts :/ My cousins came over and they loved my car but I won't take them for a ride in it because I didn't want them to feel the shifts. Stupid, I know but still.. With the trans-x the 1st to 2nd shift is still noticible but not nearly as jerky as it was before. I would recommend trying it.

and you're gonna put your engine under ridiculous amounts of stress. all the time. with original headgaskets, it's not a good idea if you want to get plenty of life out of them.

a manual would make this shifting thing go poof. literally. oh well...

Words can't begin to express how much I would love my car to be a manual..

troof :icon_sad: thanks for the trans x recommendation

i only paid 1500 for my wagon though so i decided i'd get over the whole 4eat thing. if i ever get around to an engine swap i'll switch transmissions as well

+1

sharp wagon though! I just saw a 99 red gt wagon limited go for $1000 around 45mins from me. only issue was the headgaskets went, and it had 180k on it. but everything else was IMMACULATE, and it was a standard :)

That is a good deal for both wagons! I could live with the 4EAT if I got one for that price too.

Kaz, that wagon would be perfect... If it weren't red! No offense to anyone here but I hate red cars, it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I'm pretty generic, I like black and I like white. I like other colors too but those are my favorites.

yeah I'm not a fan of red either, unless it's a 68 corvette that's wearing it!

but this wagon was in almost showroom condition, I'm not even joking. I would've lived with the red because the thing was a beaut. Sold in a day; the woman who owned it didn't like that it overheated, and knew nothing about cars, so she just wanted it off her lawn. I wish I had picked it up :(

new england is teeming with subarus. it's like their natural habitat, from outbacks to wrxs. not too many second generations though, probably because of the headgaskets :(

put a bottle of stp complete fuel system treatment through today after filling 'er up, and I gotta say, so far it's running great. no issues with knock, idle is stronger and smoother, and I'll probably get better mileage. seeing as we've strayed from the original topic haha...

Haha yeah the Inland Northwest has them all over the place too. There aren't a whole lot of 2nd gens for sale because a lot of people here still drive them and don't want to sell them.

What is the treatment supposed to do?

It cleans out the injectors, valves, fuel lines, pistons, improves the quality of gas, restores lost horsepower, gives you a wrx swap in the process :p There's alot of claims out there, but all I know is that stp does their stuff right, and same with techron. they've got the science behind it down, and put the right kind of cleaning agents in to optomize performance and efficiency while the additive is being run through. my rant for the day about a product I like :)

walmart dude! or any local auto store should have it. just look for stp or a chevron symbol, or ask a guy there. get the complete fuel system stuff, and do it whenever you change your oil just to keep things consistent. you don't need to add the stuff every fill up.

if you dont know what it does:

EA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT for Gas Engine Applications

100% Pure Petroleum

Use in All Engines in All Seasons

2 Cycle, 4 Cycle, and Diesels

Treats 3 Critical Areas: Gas Tank, Fuel Systems, and Crankcase

* Cleans fuel injectors

* Cleans carburetor jets

* Cleans carbon

* Stabilizes fuels

* Upper cylinder lube

* Removes moisture in fuel

* De-icer

* Frees sticky lifters

* Frees sticky rings

* Removes moisture in oil

* Cleans P.C.V. systems

* Cleans catalytic converter odors

* Oxygen sensor safe

How Many Mechanics Use SEA FOAM

In Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines

Autos, Trucks, and Tractors

1. With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.

2. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.

3. Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.

4. Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.

FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.

For Peak Performance, Use SEA FOAM Every 2,000 to 5,000 Miles

* A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE.

* Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.

* Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.

* Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage.

* Cure hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.

* Helps pass emissions test. EPA Registered.

When Used Thru Injection or Carburetor

* Cleans carbon build up

* Cleans intake valves and pistons

* Gives smoother idle

* Cleans catalytic converter odors

* Cures hesitations and pings

* Restores power and pickup

* With warm engine running, SLOWLY poor 1/2 pint through carburator, throttle body or direct manifold vacuum line that will feed ALL CYLINDERS. Possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short period of time.

* For use in injector cleaning machines, use 50% SEA FOAM and 50% fuel.

* Fill diesel filters with SEA FOAM to clean injectors fast.

When Added to Crankcase (Oil)

1. Frees sticky lifters and rings

2. Increases R.P.M.'s vacuum and compression

3. Cleans dirty parts

4. Removes moisture

5. Cleans PCV valve systems

One pint treats 10 quarts of oil (avg. 1 1/2 ounce per quart).

When Added to Fuel Tank

* Cleans fuel injectors and carburetor jets

* Cleans carbon as you drive

* Lubricates upper cylinders

* De-ices and removes moisture

* Diesel full conditioner and anti gel

* Stabilizes fuel

One pint treats 8-25 gallons of fuel (average 1 ounce per gallon).

In Injector Cleaning Machines

Add a 50/50 blend of fuel and SEA FOAM into injector cleaning machine. Run directly through the fuel rails to clean injectors fast. Add SEA FOAM to your fuel tank to clean injectors as you drive.

and for those not blessed with a 5MT:

EA FOAM TRANS TUNE

Automatic Transmission and Power Steering Tune-Up Formula

* Cleans gum & varnish

* Smoothes rough and erratic shifting

* Maintains smooth operation

* Auto-transmission flush

* Power steering and rack and pinion flush

* Cleans and dries hydraulics

Works and Performs Instantly

* Conditioner that is not a stop leak

* Cleans sticky valve bodies and governors

* Use to flush power steering and rack and pinion units

* Safe, fast, and reliable

A 100% pure petroleum product. SEA FOAM TRANS TUNE is a conditioner that is not a stop leak and is entirely compatible with all automatic transmission, power steering and hydraulic units.

When to Use SEA FOAM TRANS TUNE

* For peak performance use SEA FOAM TRANS TUNE as directed when changing transmission fluid as preventive maintenance and to keep parts clean and maintain proper performance.

* When erratic shifting is experienced, add 1/2 pint as directed to restore smooth performance. Do not overfill. Fluid can be changed at regular service basis.

* When flushing is required prior to installing a new rack and pinion, use TRANS TUNE as directed.

Results Used in Automatic Transmission

* Smoothes rough shifting, skip shifting, and slow shifting.

* Removes harmful gum, varnish and moisture deposits from valve bodies, governors and other internal parts.

For Use in Automatic Transmissions

* With transmission at operating temperature, check the fluid level. Add 1/2 to 1 pint TRANS TUNE to the transmission fluid. This normally will not overfill the fluid level, however, the fluid level should never exceed the manufacturers recommended level.

* For best results use 1/2 to 1 pint TRANS TUNE in the transmission fluid prior to a transmission flush or fluid and filter change. Drive at least five miles shifting into all gears. If you are not able to drive the vehicle, shift into all gears for about 3 minutes with the brake or parking brake applied. This will allow TRANS TUNE to clean transmission valves and parts in each area. When additional cleaning is necessary add 1/2 pint of TRANS TUNE to the transmission fluid and change the transmission fluid on a regular service basis.

* A PROPERLY MAINTAINED AND CLEAN TRANSMISSION WILL RESULT IN SMOOTHER OPERATION AND LONGER LIFE!

Results of Power Steering Flush

* Prolongs power steering and rack and pinion life.

* Thoroughly cleans power steering system before installation of new rack and pinions and Power Steering Pumps.

For Use in Power Steering Units

* If rack and pinion or power steering pump replacement is necessary, be sure system is flushed before installing new rack or flush for preventive

maintenance.

* To flush the power steering unit, drain power steering pump reservoir and fill the reservoir with 1/2 pint of TRANS TUNE. Run engine to pump fluid through system for 15 to 30 minutes, turning the steering wheel from lock to lock every 5 minutes. This will dissolve varnish and suspend contaminants into the fluid. Stop engine and drain fluid from reservoir placing the return line in drain pan. Cap reservoir. Disable ignition. Turn engine off with starter and run 1 1/2 pints of TRANS TUNE through power steering reservoir to flush system of all contamination. Then flush system with power steering fluid.

* After flush is completed refill reservoir with new power steering fluid.

A properly maintained transmission and power steering unit results in smoother operation and longer transmission and steering unit life.

For Use in Hydraulics

* Add 1 pint of TRANS TUNE to every four gallons of hydraulic fluid, to dry moisture and clean varnish from valves. For best results, use prior to changing hydraulic fluid.

* When additional cleaning is necessary add 1 pint of TRANS TUNE to every 8 gallons hydraulic fluid and change hydraulic fluid on a regular service basis.

Archived