LegacyGT.com

2.2 miles/tank?

Haha my dad would be really cool if he would fix my car! I got hit 2 months ago and fixing my car is still on the to do list and according to him it isn't important. I like Escalades a lot... But I'm not a snob. My dad's Fat Boy has just over 10k on it. He never rides it. It just sits in the garage with a cover over it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We already got a new door for the car but my dad just hasn't painted it. Hopefully he has.. My mom is starting to get really mad too. He said he'd fix my car on a weekend and in a couple more weeks he isn't going to be home hardly at all on the weekends because my sisters soccer season is going to start back up. She plays club soccer so my parents have to drive a lot for games and tournaments.

take them out. put them all around the house. seriously. this has to be done for the sake of your car :)

IT WORKED!! no more fuel gauge problems. right when it said half full, we put in 7.8 gallons, which is close enough. hopefully this will continue haha...I'm so happy when things work in the end!

take them out. put them all around the house. seriously. this has to be done for the sake of your car :)

IT WORKED!! no more fuel gauge problems. right when it said half full, we put in 7.8 gallons, which is close enough. hopefully this will continue haha...I'm so happy when things work in the end!

it really worked? the most i have ever filled it was 10 gallons, and i KNOW that isn't empty! :spin:

do a thread on this with pics so every knows how to fix it:rolleyes:

ok ok well I'll start with words first:

1) fold down the rear seats, grab your trusty ratchet and socket set, a cold one, and get to work!

2) pull up the rug towards the trunk area. this will give you access to two panels underneath; one is round, and the other is hexagonal

3) undo the bolts for the round one (there might be tape on it too, but that's child's play) AND DON'T DROP THEM UNDER THE REAR BENCH LIKE I DID!!

4) pop off the cover; you should see one fuel line and a couple connectors on the top of another plate with a wire going from it

5) with pressure down in the fuel lines or with a rag underneath it (or both, very recommended), pop off the fuel line

6) undo the connector leading to the wires on top of the plate, then undo those nuts along the outside of it too

7) pull off the plate CAREFULLY. the float and sender are all under there, and bent in a funny way

8) check all the metal. there will be a slider on a yellow sender arm that hooks up to the float. take sandpaper and clean up all the brass there. follow the wires to the bottom of the plate, and there will be two brass bosses there. clean those up. go crazy, don't skimp on it, because you don't want to take it apart again, do you?

9) once clean, throw it all back together and check the gauge!

here's a couple issues I've been having: that other plate back there (the crazy rectangular one) looks like it has the pump going to it. but I've also read that there's another sender under that plate. apparently if that one is bad too, you won't get good results. I haven't had time to tear apart the other one yet. but so far I'm getting better gas readings (more accurate to the amt. of fuel left). any questions just let me know, and I'll try to help

I have a question... Can you come do it for me? Haha You could get a chance to see the west side of the US.

Amp, 250 is pretty low.. That is close to my winter gas mileage! Winter is in between 200-250 miles per tank. Summer is in between 275-300 miles per tank. That is pretty mixed driving too.

Archived