LegacyGT.com

Cars similar to the Legacy GT

Hey guys i was wondering if you guys know of any cars that are similar to the Legacy 2.5 GT. Things that im looking for are AWD/RWD, a fast engine (preferably turbocharged), automatic transmission, and of course the same reliability and luxury that subies offer. I was considering the Subaru Outback 3.0R but do you guys have any other suggestions??

(P.S. If possible it should have a 0-60 under 6.5)

Are you looking for a sedan or wagon? You say you want something similar to an LGT, but then said you were looking at an Outback.

Anyway, not sure about an automatic on some of these, but if price isn't an issue, then you have the Ford Fusion sport AWD, Mistubishi Evo, 3 series BMWs, Audi s6 or a4, etc.

There are plenty or RWD and AWD drive sport sedans out there. It all comes down to price range and upkeep costs. BMW and Audi will have the luxury you're looking for, but at the added maintenance costs, whereas the Ford and Mitsu will lack some of that luxury, but be cheaper to maintain.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Hey guys i was wondering if you guys know of any cars that are similar to the Legacy 2.5 GT. Things that im looking for are AWD/RWD, a fast engine (preferably turbocharged), automatic transmission, and of course the same reliability and luxury that subies offer. I was considering the Subaru Outback 3.0R but do you guys have any other suggestions??

(P.S. If possible it should have a 0-60 under 6.5)

Why not a Legacy? Are you looking for something more, or less expensive?

What about a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8? It is pretty much identical in performance as a stage 2 LGT. It is AWD and automatic. If I didn't find the spec.B that I did, I'd be driving the Jeep SRT-8. The interior reminds me a lot of my spec.B's interior: dark interior with leather/suede seats.

/\ That's a nice ride, I knew a guy that bought one new. Intoxicating exhaust tone! You can buy them used for a steal now.

To the OP, not many new cars fit your description. When I was looking in 08, the Legacy GT was it as far as AWD A/T in the 30K price range. Spending more will open your options some as far as performance AWD sedans. (3 series, G37, A4, etc)

I considered a B7 S4 as the only serious competition. My mother has a loaded G37 that I personally love, I just wasn't ready to give up a manual transmission.

Depending on your price and what you want, you should consider:

Subaru Legacy GT

Infiniti G37X

Audi A4/S4

BMW 328xi/335xi

Cadillac CTS4

i agree with a few on here..if you can live with RWD, the G8 is one car thats hard to beat!! its got the looks, power and moves to make me drool, but did not want RWD right now..me n wife needed 2nd awd vehicle which is why i went with our legacy..hmm, u say u want a car, but what about a turbo SS Chevy HHR?? laugh but they are reliable, fast, and very nimble with their newly updated suspension tweaks..i also like the old school looks of the chevy SSR hardtop pickup..good luck

I like how we do these threads every couple of months for the last 5 years and the answers are usually the same every time.

Audi S5 is a new suggestion, due to it being a newer release. Yet it is a monster coupe and therefore about as close to an LGT as a Jaguar XKR is.

Archived