LegacyGT.com

what will a tune on a 2.5i N/A do?

Sorry, man. You're just not going to get much of a boost in power, in the 2.5i, without spending some $. Try a K&N airfilter...unless others have done this without any noticable power? I have a GT, so what do I know?

Trade it in if you can, honestly most of us bought the car because we couldn't afford the turbo model, so try to roll your debt into a faster used car or another legacy, I did bought a C350 now I dont have to worry about being slow

I don't think a 2.5i has enough power to really benefit from an LSD on dry pavement. Offroad or in snow is a different story however... I was mudding mine and it would have helped a TON if both of my rear wheels had a little bit of composure.

On dry pavement, it does benefit also. I'll explain. Since my car was lowered, and had the huge sway bars, when the car would go over say.....the crest of a road when pulling out of another road, the left rear would come off the ground causing loss of forward movement. I almost got t-boned twice when this phenomenon occured. After I installed the LSD, I attempted to make this happen. Never did it happen again. mainly due to the nature of the LSD design used. If one rear wheel comes off the ground or loses traction, the majority of the power is transfered to the wheel with the most traction. Remember "from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip"?

thats wierd i did not know you could dog leg these cars with out coilovers that easy, i see the benefit in that though..

I have an 09 with stability controle, im wondering if even i had an lsd unless i shut VDC off i would not notice it in the snow, VDC cuts so much power and applys breaks individualy that its almost imposible some times to spin the car out on purpose, very good system btw has saved my ass a couple times, but when you dont want it to kick on it can make you loose controle especialy on dry pavment..

any who, im thinking sways then springs then struts, then an lsd.. ill just have to shut vdc off..

Apparently struts take away most of the body roll. Sways take care of body roll too, but more for fine tuning the understeer/oversteer.

I would hesitate to put sways on stock struts/springs, itll put way too much stress on the endlinks & RSB mount when cornering hard. I'm assuming that's why there's so many stories about broken endlinks & RSB mounts since most people do springs & sways first and struts last...

hmm, i had my sway bar kit on long before i swapped out springs/struts, I never had a problem. I still have stock front endlinks, guess it depends on how crazy you go on the thickness of the sways.

I've always followed this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tech-reference-571.html

Its funny how somehow every 2.5i discussion ends up on suspension :lol:

I'm glad I had all the experience with my 2.5i that i did. if not, my new car wouldn't be moving along as fast as it is. 17 days..........Lowered, front and rear 25mm sways, pitch mount, trans mount, crossmember bushings, hids, stage 1 tune, taillight overlays, drl disable, new front rotors, de-spoilered, lightweight crank pulley. still got a bunch of crap to do, but i'm trying. ;)

Yah, I did the JDM GT 20mm rear sway first...

then springs, then struts, then new springs, then MSI endlinks, then Perrin 22mm RSB, then Tribeca 25mm FSB....

I say sways first, they're an easy upgrade. Springs and/or struts a little more involved than a 'bolt-on'...

care to part with the wing? I may be interested, if i can make up my mind on lip spoiler or stock gt.. Im leaning more tord lip, but figured i would ask.

and as far as sways.. im thinking of doing the same thing shtbxr did, 25/25, so I would be putting alot of stress on the rear mounts, especially with a solid bar.. now im all screwed up. struts were going to be the last thing because of how exspensive the Bilstiens are.. I was going to do the sways then pinks then bilstien HD's

are the pinks harsh? i live in Worcester, they do not know how to keep the roads fixed im constantly dodging potholes, and unfortunately i cant miss them all. i dont want to be forced to by struts in 6 months..

also is there a cheaper place to get them other than japanparts, and rallitek?

Archived