LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Vendors?

Heytiggr

OK all you experts out there... With a possible good tax refund coming, I am looking at upgrading the cat-back. I like the sound of the HKS but it is pretty darn expensive. I am thinking that for the couple hundred dollars less, the Borla or Magnaflow look like great second choices, especially considering that they are great products anyway.

Does anyone have any recomendations on best or favorite vendors from whom to buy any of these?

Thanks!

I have the MagnaFlow CBE on my Legacy it is really nice sounds GREAT the only drawback with either the Borla or Magnaflow is that BOTH are modular type system meaning NO BOLTS only clamps the benefit of using a different system like CX lightening or Gimmick is that they utilize stock flange locations so you can swap cans or Y pipes easily.

The HKS is my dream exhaust it is sooo sweet sounding and looks nice but at $1100+ its a little too pricey. The Magnaflow is LOUD! I had to add a resonator to my mid pipe to cut drone and loudness the Borla sounds good more closer to SPT. Which leads me to tell you that you should consider the SPT CBE it is free flowing and sounds great if youre not going big power or anything.

I just ordered the Gimmick exhaust from AJWPerformance here on the board... Nice guy, fast communication, and the price for a 304SS 3" exhaust was awesome. Its less than $500 shipped to your door.

If your looking for cheap cheap, some people have mentioned the xo2/cxlightning exhaust kits on ebay, $330 shipped to your door but its a cheaper steel.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Ahh, hate to break it to you. But, no its not. It has now been tested by members and the GMS rusts in 2 months in extreme weather just like the XO2. It is the old XO2 kit with no resonator. Only difference is you get GMS engraved in the tip.

AJW is a great vendor too. He does not make the exhaust. He makes no claims that the manufacturer does not make. He stands behind the products he sells.

Well, I stand corrected then... From what I read (only 3 threads in about 3 hours) it was supposed to be better steel...

But, paying a little extra to be able to PM/email/call a vendor directly and have them respond quickly and provide good support... I'm willing to pay that. Helps out the forum as well by supporting it's vendors, so that'll work for me as well :)

Regardless I'm happy with the purchase and I cant wait to get it and put it on

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

^ +1000

Like I said, AJW is a great vendor. You will get far superior customer support from him than any eBay seller. I always support the vendors. They are an asset to the community. With 30000+ members to answer to, they are going to give the best possible service every time.

I just ordered the Gimmick exhaust from AJWPerformance here on the board... Nice guy, fast communication, and the price for a 304SS 3" exhaust was awesome. Its less than $500 shipped to your door.

If your looking for cheap cheap, some people have mentioned the xo2/cxlightning exhaust kits on ebay, $330 shipped to your door but its a cheaper steel.

Umm No 304SUS is 304SUS no matter what name they stamp on it after they pull it from the jig. the CX CBE is really durable and it shined longer than my T409SUS MagnaFlow CBE. But still you got a good CBE for a good price shipped and thats all that matters :);)

I am not looking at big power at all. Just looking for something that breathes a bit better and sounds better. Like I said, got it narrowed down to those three - just looking for good advice on where to purchase.

The CXLighting CBE was my choice for value. Can't go wrong for the price IMO.

If you're set on of the 3 you mentioned, try http://performancepeddler.com/ for the Magnaflow. I think you have to request a price quote - supposed to be way cheaper than what they show online. I think another member purchased one relatively recently for a very good price. If you do request the price, let us know the current pricing.

The CXLighting CBE was my choice for value. Can't go wrong for the price IMO.

If you're set on of the 3 you mentioned, try http://performancepeddler.com/ for the Magnaflow. I think you have to request a price quote - supposed to be way cheaper than what they show online. I think another member purchased one relatively recently for a very good price. If you do request the price, let us know the current pricing.

I think PerformancePeddler was selling the Magnaflow for around $575. CVR used to sell them by the dozen for $512 but they sell out so quickly it's tough to get them. Either price is a steal, IMO.;)

Yeah I had CDN 2.5i in mind when I was talking about the comparison. He did a good job by coating his CBE so as to help prevent rust. But one thing to note is that all metal will rust just some do it faster or slower and not as drastic.

409 (Trash) SS is not good it has barely any Chromium and I think 202 or 304 have about 20% so when they start to rust they wont look like total ass but if you look at my Magnaflow 409SS CBE it looks bad b/c there is no nickel ( or very little) and minimal Chromium.

Archived