LegacyGT.com

Noticed something today..I think I'm stuttering

After having this car over a month and enjoying it immensely I noticed a stutter today...Like a good forum member I did a search and read up on it.

Seems mine is like most....3-4500 RPM stutter on WOT mostly only in 2nd gear...

Found the service bulletin...will be headed to Subaru Dealer on Monday/Tuesday forthem to perform the reflash. Will they give me major grief since I'm the 2nd owner?

Thank you for this forum...soon as I can get the wifey to let go of the credit card I will be donating..saving me money every day...thanks!

Question. Your sig says you drive a 07 5mt. The stutter is for the torque converter on the 5EAT for the 08, and some early 09 models. SOOO, if you really do drive a 5mt, then the stutter issue has nothing to do with the tsb...

AFAIK all 5mt have stutter of some form, mine including. I don't think this issue has been completely resolved by Subaru however I did see some improvement after my ECU was replaced because of an unrelated issue. I find that letting the clutch slip a bit when shifting to gear helps to avoid it.

Question. Your sig says you drive a 07 5mt. The stutter is for the torque converter on the 5EAT for the 08, and some early 09 models. SOOO, if you really do drive a 5mt, then the stutter issue has nothing to do with the tsb...

Your car isn't the only car w/ a stutter....and there is more than one TSB that I could possibly be talking about yes?

And this has nothing to do w/ a torque converter...and nothing to do with a 2009 for that matter.....

did you get all those posts racked up being this helpful?

tsb0001.thumb.jpg.6682e2bceff3f957d3b72f0564c72f4d.jpg

hmm... my '08 must have a torque converter thrown in there too, maybe that's the real problem :lol:

I took it in twice to get reflashed when I first got it and a few thousand miles later. There was a definite stutter to it, no doubt about it. The reflash helped first time, but it came back. The second time, after reading some posts on here, I drove it hard for a few weeks and I haven't noticed it since.

There are obviously arguing viewpoints, but it seems it has something to do with the dbw throttle and ecu. But I also think I may have adjusted my driving technique a bit to compensate and avoid it (riding clutch a bit on hard launches, keeping revs above 3k during hard acceleartion and between gears, etc)

Your car isn't the only car w/ a stutter....and there is more than one TSB that I could possibly be talking about yes?

And this has nothing to do w/ a torque converter...and nothing to do with a 2009 for that matter.....

did you get all those posts racked up being this helpful?

Woah, no need to get nasty. Didn't know there was stutter for the MT also.

I too had the stutter and fixed it with a stage 2 dyno tune...

Came here to post this.

After numerous trips to the dealer and several reflash attempts by them, $2000+ and a dyno tune paid out of my own pocket fixed the problem.

Funny thing, I have a stutter issue, but for me it is at low power (just off idle) and I also hear some knock when going slow uphill. (3.0, 5EAT) The knock, I think, is from poor quality gas.

The dealer says the stutter is normal, but I don't buy that. In Japan, they are not as aggressive concerning TSB's than US dealers.

Well I dont know if the common US stutter problem is the same as the JDM stutter, but before I had the reflash the stutter was usually WOT at around 4500. Now the stutter comes at much lower rmps (approx 2500 ish) and at both moderate acceleration and WOT......

Do people without the SI-drive have the same problem? I feel like it has something to do with that for some reason.....

Archived