LegacyGT.com

Tribeca Continues its Sales Dominance

rao

Shame on you rao for continuing to kick of this retarded discussion every month. Subaru has record sales and you choose to direct the discussion to the carline that subaru is actively killing off.

Excuse me :confused:

Are you saying as a representative of Subaru that Subaru is actively killing off the Tribeca? :eek:

I can't confrim that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Outback and Tribeca are two completely different vehicles. $30k base is ridiculous. Its a Subaru, not an Acura.

Any less and you are into Forester pricing...if you drive both you will definitely see that the Tribeca is worth the extra money. I like the forester, actually tried to steer the wife towards it but she like the tribeca much more, makes the forester feel like a toy car.

But you are right, cheaper is better, we got our 09 with 5k miles on it(corp demo) fully loaded for 30k, sticker was 41k. At full price, we wouldn't have even looked at it or the others for that matter.

Yeah, for $41k you could get a fully loaded AWD, 7 passenger Highlander Hybrid and then possibly get a state rebate in addition to the money you would save on gas. Anyone ever think that perhaps in a time of consumer frugality less features, lower price would be smarter? I do.

Yeah, for $41k you could get a fully loaded AWD, 7 passenger Highlander Hybrid and then possibly get a state rebate in addition to the money you would save on gas. Anyone ever think that perhaps in a time of consumer frugality less features, lower price would be smarter? I do.

An 09 Limited Tribeca at its highest option level would have to have Navi, rearseat DVD, and moonroof plus $3k in accessories. to hit $41k.

It can be done without the rear seat DVD and Navi but would require a LOT in random accessories on it.

A Highlander Hybrid Limited compared to a fully loaded + Accessories $41k Tribeca would be $49,140.

If you're looking just at $$$ then yes it's a lot of $$$. You have to compare like models and equipment or else the discussion is pointless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We like our Tribeca, but it is true, we don't see too many of them on the road.

Just got back from taking our 09 Tribeca down to Myrtle Beach for a golf vacation. It fit 3 people, loaded down with their suitcases and golf bags, and never felt weighed down. No complaints, and yes those stock tires did suck, I put a set of cooper discoverers on before the winter and it handles snow great now.

I like the foresters too, but if you drive both you will definitely tell they are different classes of vehicles. I just wish it had the new stereo, bluetooth, and navi that the 10's got.

We dumped the Goodyears with at least 15k of usable highway miles but it was dangerous in the snow or rain with that amount of tread left. We put the same Cooper Discovery HT+ tires and never looked back. I hate to say it but the Yokohama's that came on my 2.5 Legacy have been the best stock tire for all the Subaru's I have owned. And that is coming from a tire with a 180 tread rating. But it isn't hard to be better than RE92's and Goodyear LS2's.

The Outback and Tribeca are two completely different vehicles. $30k base is ridiculous. Its a Subaru, not an Acura.

i bought a new legacy back in 05 for 30k, 06 new forester for 26k, and bought our preowned certified tribeca for 26k. the tribeca has a much more luxury feeling and drive, top of the line interior, and can haul 7 passengers (i've got 2 kids that stay in the 3rd row when my parents ride with us) none of which my of legacy and forester can claim.

btw, when i bought the legacy back in the day, it was more than the acura TSX (which i test drove and consdered) in price. it also kicked it's butt in almost every category. just because it's a subbie doesnt mean its should be cheaper than an acura.

I would prefer they continue to compete with Lexus and Acura instead of Honda and Toyota. I've liked the idea of getting Acura/Lexus-quality vehicles for Honda/Toyota prices. Subaru has been the best-kept secret in the auto industry.

I've loved owning my Tribeca, though my last trip reminded me that it does need more interior space. With 4 adults and 2 kids in it, there's almost no luggage space.

I would prefer they continue to compete with Lexus and Acura instead of Honda and Toyota. I've liked the idea of getting Acura/Lexus-quality vehicles for Honda/Toyota prices. Subaru has been the best-kept secret in the auto industry.

I've loved owning my Tribeca, though my last trip reminded me that it does need more interior space. With 4 adults and 2 kids in it, there's almost no luggage space.

I don't think they even want to target Acura/Lexus, I hope not, I wouldn't pay that much for a subaru(and we have two of them). Competing with Toyota/Honda says a lot about the subies imo. I hear what you are saying about the storage space with the 3rd row up, but if it was bigger I don't think I'd like the look of it. If you want to tow 6 people and baggage around, you need a bigger vehicle.

I don't think they even want to target Acura/Lexus, I hope not, I wouldn't pay that much for a subaru(and we have two of them). Competing with Toyota/Honda says a lot about the subies imo. I hear what you are saying about the storage space with the 3rd row up, but if it was bigger I don't think I'd like the look of it. If you want to tow 6 people and baggage around, you need a bigger vehicle.

That's the whole point of this vehicle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the whole point of this vehicle.

Not really, if that is what I was looking for I wouldn't even go to a subaru dealership in the first place; its meant to carry 4 or 5 people(using the first two rows) and some junk, with the option of the third row if you are just transporting people; if you want to take 5+ people on vacation you need a suburban or minivan.

From what I've heard the new Traverse might be a better option as far as cargo space.

And when it crashes into a wall because the gas pedal stuck....what then? :lol:

Wow, the tribeca may be a great vehicle to drive, as a family hauler, vacation tripster, etc, but, like, WOW, that thing is UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which version? The '06-07 is ugly in a stylish sort of way. The '08+ is rather handsome, though a tad plain. To each his own, I suppose.

Wow, the tribeca may be a great vehicle to drive, as a family hauler, vacation tripster, etc, but, like, WOW, that thing is UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can see the early b9 versions maybe "different" but the 08 and up tribecas look pretty good, if not chrysler pacifica influenced. beauty is in the eye of the beholder....http://www.subaru.com.au/files/jpg/subaru_tribeca081.jpg

IF I needed that sort of car, I would consider Tribeca. My parents have a Pacifica, and it works well for them.

I don't need anything that big though.

It is more cohesive looking than a new Legacy or outback. (the fog lights look strangely dim, and ghostly, for some reason...)

A nice blue, (and I have to admit, '10 Legacy's new blue is nice, but doesn't hide the poor styling.) with the top badge-bar in the grille painted in body color, the headlights blackened, and with some decent looking wheels, and properly calibrated bilsteins, and paddle-shifters... could be a decent driver, for a 5-passenger CUV. I wouldn't really consider it for 7-passengers, and would probably go bigger.

If they offered a Spec B version of this, to take on the Ford Edge Sport, it might actually not be too bad. sporty wheels, less bling, more black, slightly lower stance, black/gray interior, rather than tan, Bilsteins, SI-drive to dial up a bit of sport action... and the EZ36 tuned up to 305+ hp like the new Ford 3.7... backed by a properly upgraded 6EAT or dual-clutch gearbox...

Part of me wishes the Legacy and Outback had gotten a SMOOTH looking upgrade, with more of Tribeca's DNA, and less visually "chunky" looks, and a smooth dash, instead of the new corporate mall kiosk on the center of the dash.

• 3 weeks later...
hey rao... where is the March Tribeca thread? :iam:

Subaru can't stock Tribecas, so we can't stock another tribeca thread.

Supposedly Legacy, Outback, Forester, WRX and STI stocks are all low, as well as Tribecas being pretty much entirely absent. 3.6 engines are even having trouble being produced quickly enough.

What is Subaru actually stocking for sale right now?

Victim of their own success, or poor forward planning?

Archived