LegacyGT.com

Sti Master Brake cylinder swap Qs

darkside

Front Brembo Calipers, Slotted rotors all the way around, SS Brake Lines, Motul Fluid, Hawk HP+ Pads all the way around, and now the MBC/Booster from the STi.

Wow, that's a lot. Though if this does work for you I'll give it a try. My brakes are stock, but I think the larger MC will help quite a bit.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most of you guys are 4th gens. But I hate the squishy feel in my 96 L pedal.

I have some 04 WRX calipers (Front & Rear) and am going to get the H6 rear rotor and bracket.

With SS brake lines, Napa Blank rotors (premium) and Hawk HPS pads. I wanted to do a MBC and Brake Booster swap from an 04 WRX or should I go STI?

After some research last night I found that out as well.

I think I would be okay with the WRX MBC over my L which to my understanding is quite small. I would probably skip on the STI MBC unless I got it for a good deal.

Stupid question maybe but what is MBC?

If i am understanding right you will need the brake booster, master cylinder, and whatever MBC is off of an STi to make this work?

I am 100% on stock brakes and i don't really like the mushy feel of pedal either

Trust me, I bled my system about 5-6X

silly question, but all inner and outer bleeders? If so, what kind of pads are you running?

Stupid question maybe but what is MBC?

If i am understanding right you will need the brake booster, master cylinder, and whatever MBC is off of an STi to make this work?

I am 100% on stock brakes and i don't really like the mushy feel of pedal either

I'm thinking the "MBC" you see is master brake cylinder. So all you should need is the booster and cylinder to make it work.

silly question, but all inner and outer bleeders? If so, what kind of pads are you running?

I'm thinking the "MBC" you see is master brake cylinder. So all you should need is the booster and cylinder to make it work.

Correct, Hawk HP+

MBC = Master Braks Cylinder

Aren't those the higher performance ones that need heating up for "optimal performance"? I used Hawk HPS on my last car, and they worked great.

I had the HPS pads and swaped them out for the HP+ pads. The problem most of us are talking about happens regardless of temp in the pads. Go drive a car like a Scion xb and then drive your LGT again. The pedal feel and amount of pressure in our cars suck. Our stock brakes are bigger than a standard WRX and on par with a STi but our MBC is smaller than the WRX.

I had the HPS pads and swaped them out for the HP+ pads. The problem most of us are talking about happens regardless of temp in the pads. Go drive a car like a Scion xb and then drive your LGT again. The pedal feel and amount of pressure in our cars suck. Our stock brakes are bigger than a standard WRX and on par with a STi but our MBC is smaller than the WRX.

gotcha

Sorry, car is running but was waiting on the dual Aeromotive pumps. They finally came in late last week so we should have it on the road this week.

Are you going to run twin Stealths? I'm curious how much noise they make. I was going to do a single stealth in-tank and ID1000's if I decide to follow through on fuel mods.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Are you going to run twin Stealths? I'm curious how much noise they make. I was going to do a single stealth in-tank and ID1000's if I decide to follow through on fuel mods.

Yes, running twin stealths after the idea of running one in-tank 1500HP Fuel Labs pump fell through. I know it is overkill and I could of gotten away with twin Walbros. From the people that tested the stealth pump has told me, they are quieter than the walbro pumps. I will let you know in a few days how they are.

Awesome. I've been really interested in the stealth since it came out, but haven't heard much about them.

Don't forget to run 3/4" fuel lines :rolleyes:

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard