LegacyGT.com

Show Us Your Rack!

Lotek

What parts don't fit? It's a long box. I was thinking one of the side benefits of this box over the 624 was anything would fit in the 660 length wise.

My skis are 189cm long. The interior of the 660 is 72in which is roughly 181cm. My crud skis would fit but the pow sticks are just way too long!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having run my bikes into my garage three times over the past decade, I have decided that I don't meet the minimum intelligence quotient to continue to own a roof rack.

What are you guys running for a 2" hitch that works with whiteline swaybars?

Having run my bikes into my garage three times over the past decade, I have decided that I don't meet the minimum intelligence quotient to continue to own a roof rack.

What are you guys running for a 2" hitch that works with whiteline swaybars?

The hidden hitch brand works for a 2"hitch. Just looks stupid and scrapes. Only the 1 1/4' hitch is tucked up nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/MhjrA8I.jpg

Edited by Rhitter

Yes, scraping is one of my concerns. I am on Konis and Epic Springs. I have an old 2" rack already hence why I'm looking to a 2" receiver. The only real reason is to avoid the need for a 1 1/4 to 2" adapter. I have no real reason for why, just one less thing to deal with I guess.

It might be better to get the nicer tucked up 1 1/4 version and adaptor to use my existing rack?

Yes, scraping is one of my concerns. I am on Konis and Epic Springs. I have an old 2" rack already hence why I'm looking to a 2" receiver. The only real reason is to avoid the need for a 1 1/4 to 2" adapter. I have no real reason for why, just one less thing to deal with I guess.

It might be better to get the nicer tucked up 1 1/4 version and adaptor to use my existing rack?

Depends on how many bikes you are carrying. I got mine because I was carrying three downhill bikes at 55 pounds each.

But if I was only carrying two I would go with the 1 1/4 version. I'll probably be pulling my off at some point and going to that smaller version so I stop scraping. I am slightly higher than a Legacy.

There was supposed to be a 2 inch hitch that bolted up closer, but that project has taken forever and I am unsure what happened to it. Seems to have died just as it was about to be released.

The hidden hitch brand works for a 2"hitch. Just looks stupid and scrapes. Only the 1 1/4' hitch is tucked up nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/MhjrA8I.jpg

Which hitch by them do you have? I looked on their website said they don't have a model that fits our cars... In need of one of the 1 1/4 hitches for a trailer really not loving the drawtite and curt hitches

Has anyone used both a wind fairing or wind jammer? I have a Yakima rack with round bars, and while the wind noise doesn't drive me crazy, I'd like to reduce it. I read the wind jammer works on some cars but not others. It's a fair bit cheaper than a wind fairing, and I also read the wind fairing hurts fuel economy a little.

Has anyone used both a wind fairing or wind jammer? I have a Yakima rack with round bars, and while the wind noise doesn't drive me crazy, I'd like to reduce it. I read the wind jammer works on some cars but not others. It's a fair bit cheaper than a wind fairing, and I also read the wind fairing hurts fuel economy a little.

Try wrapping ~10 ft. of paracord around the bars before you get the fairing. Super cheap at any army surplus/outdoor specialty retailer and it helped quell the crazy whistling my OEM square bars made at freeway speeds.

• 4 weeks later...

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/HmodGUG.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i.imgur.com/AZ49Bro.jpg[/img]

My very very stock 09 2.5i I've had for 4 years. Still puts a smile on my face to drive it everyday.

Edited by WetLegacy
moar info

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for posting this picture. Is thisnthe skybox 16 or 18?

I've been debating the past few months to either get a skybox or a 16cu ft stowaway2 box. Thing is I have to be able to carry at least three bikes. And since I still own two king cobra racks, been thinking of buying a third one, keep the bikes on the roof and get that stowaway2 box. Not cheap though..

Should also add that whichever set up I select, I want to be able to easily access the trunk. Big deal for us.

It's the 16. The 18 would have been far too long for my needs. Plus this just allows the rear hatch to fully open if placed correctly on the roof. Guess my attachment capacity is at it's limit since I can't upload any more pictures.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...