LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed BCS

Razor

mattg, what did you use for port 1 where the nippes are different sizes on each end ? i was thinking of using two different sizes hoses, where the smaller one fits into the bigger one i filled it with silicone so they seal a bit better. then overtop of BOTH of them i had heat shrink.

I would think that some peice of plastic that the little one would fit into, and then both of them fit into the larger one... then i could tie wrap them really hard and that would be awesome. what did you use ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im confused how to hook this beast up. I took this from the cobb website

3-Port EBCS Internal Wastegate Set-up, Interrupt-type

For the mechanical set-up you will need one vacuum line plumbed from the turbo compressor housing (pressure source) to the pressure inlet port. If you blow through this port you should notice that air is coming out of one of the other two ports . Attach a 2nd vacuum line from the port which air comes out to the intake system, prior to the compressor inlet and after the air filter. A 3rd vacuum line should be connected from the 3rd port of the solenoid to the wastegate actuator. This set-up uses a 3-port electronic boost control solenoid valve to interrupt the air stream to the wastegate actuator. This set-up usually does not employ a restrictor pill which is located in the vacuum line just between the compressor housing and the solenoid valve, although a restrictor pill can be used here to help increase minimum WG pressure. WARNING! This set-up will increase the minimum boost pressure which is expected to run. We suggest you set all WGDC settings to zero so you can test your new minimum boost pressure achieved by this method of connection

This is saying Port 3 goes to wastegate actuator ... the grimmspeed manual says port 3 is the turbo compressor, 2 is wastegate, and 1 is the intake inlet. How did you guys hook up your grimspeed EBCS?

Cobb site discribes how to hook up a Prodrive EBCS not a Grimmspeed. Easy way is disconnect the power from the EBCS and blow through each port. You should only be able to blow air through 2 out of 3 ports. Basically these ports are connect to each other at rest. Connect one of these ports to the turbo outlet nipple and the second to the wastegate actuator. Now the port you could not blow through, connect that to the turbo inlet....the vacuum line with the two different size hoses. Now after you do this, have your tuner send you a 0 WGDC map to test the performance of the internal wastegate. Log this and post it up.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

you dont need to take off the TMIC, i installed all hoses without taking anything off the car and i have the perrin TMIC. I used a metal coat hanger and just bent it straight stuck it under the manifold and taped the hose to the hanger and pulled it back through. and seriously razor? just read the GS directions, they are MORE then clear. Port 3 = Nipple on turbo housing.

Port 2 = Wastegate aculator nipple

Port 1 = Inlet

hey dude, i did read the GS directions, its just that im having problems and im trying to troubleshoot what it could be ... my tuner was doubting my connections so. Sorry if im asking stupid questions, its just a little frustrating when shit doesnt work and you need that car to get around : /

I decided to hop on board with this ebcs. Can't decide whether I want to do it now and re-tune existing turbo a little or wait until next turbo and do it all at once. One of the vendors here will sell this for $95 shipped. :eek: I won't mention their name since it was a PM quote.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I decided to hop on board with this ebcs. Can't decide whether I want to do it now and re-tune existing turbo a little or wait until next turbo and do it all at once. One of the vendors here will sell this for $95 shipped. :eek: I won't mention their name since it was a PM quote.

My '05 LGT

With the BCS in that orientation on the bracket, my engine cover wouldn't fit. So, I just secured it with zip ties under the bracket and fit the engine cover over it. I like keeping the engine cover to pressurize the area above the TMIC. Also, I went with slightly smaller vacuum lines when running the new lines to the BCS. It should help maintain consistent pressure.

-Franz

Got a pic of that install? I need my engine cover to fit too.

My '05 LGT

With the BCS in that orientation on the bracket, my engine cover wouldn't fit. So, I just secured it with zip ties under the bracket and fit the engine cover over it. I like keeping the engine cover to pressurize the area above the TMIC. Also, I went with slightly smaller vacuum lines when running the new lines to the BCS. It should help maintain consistent pressure.

-Franz

with my Grimmspeed EBCS i got the engine cover the fit. bolting it the bracket up to the stock location

So if you make timing adjustments with an E-tune, how do you know they worked?

The ECU doesn't even use the O2 sensor during WOT, so why would we trust it?

The stock knock sensor is known to give false readings especially once the exhaust is changed from stock... again, why trust it?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

So if you make timing adjustments with an E-tune, how do you know they worked?

The ECU doesn't even use the O2 sensor during WOT, so why would we trust it?

The stock knock sensor is known to give false readings especially once the exhaust is changed from stock... again, why trust it?

I was about to respond to this, but I don't want to lose sight of the topic of this thread and contribute to hijacking it.. BUT... if you want to start a thread about dyno vs. e-tunes count me in. Sounds like fun! I only have limited experience of each, but it doesn't keep me from having a lot of opinions. ;)

My '05 LGT

there's a whole thread about VF52 and boost creep. Search for it.

Or try getting it dyno tuned. Better yet, a *good* tuner won't charge you if you go in asking them to fix your boost creep issue and they are not able to.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived