LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed BCS

Razor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Thanks GS. New bracket looks very nice. Haven't tried fitment yet.

I'll finally be installing the bcs this week. One thing I'm not clear on... Will I need to pick up extra vacuum tubing or is there enough tubing with the stock setup to re-use? Seems like I'd need to add some...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

One thing I'm not clear on... Will I need to pick up extra vacuum tubing or is there enough tubing with the stock setup to re-use? Seems like I'd need to add some...

For the intake port, re-use a piece from the stock system.

For the other two ports, pick up 3-feet of 5/32" vacuum tubing (also called windshield wiper hose). Identical material, ID, and OD as the stock hose. Cost $3.36 after tax at NAPA. For those lines I ran 15" of tubing under the intake and ended up trimming an inch or two for final fitment.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, Actually similar to the BCS set up you will want to get a tune for the set up, basically it uses BOTH devices together to regulate boost in the most efficient and effective manner. And yes, small adjustments CAN be made to full throttle boost via the MBC however we STRONGLY suggest contacting a tuner for any changes! :)

Will

Yeah, Actually similar to the BCS set up you will want to get a tune for the set up, basically it uses BOTH devices together to regulate boost in the most efficient and effective manner. And yes, small adjustments CAN be made to full throttle boost via the MBC however we STRONGLY suggest contacting a tuner for any changes! :)

Will

I have an older Cobb Access port, could I download a map for this device, car is otherwise stock? Assuming I get a tune, how much boost will the car be at if I install it with no other adjustments. I'm still not clear if I can adjust boost with this or install another MBC? Sorry, I'm new to this.

Hey man not a problem, the set up itself is not the simplest thing for sure. You cannot adjust boost via your accessport unless you have the software beyond just the unit that lets you tune the vehicle, i.e. protune it. The unit off the shelf cannot be used to tune the vehicle to what the BCS needs. This device lets you control boost to any level you want it set at, so there is no preset boost level.

Am I helping or hurting haha?

Will

Archived