LegacyGT.com

Any WRX drivers come over to the Legacy?

I often wonder if I should have bought a WRX instead of the Legacy GT.

I drove an 08 WRX last week and it handled WAY better than the Legacy GT. Then I remembered that this is the wife's car. The adults in us actually didn't want a WRX at the time because we felt they stand out too much, especially when modified. I hate people trying to race me at stop lights! lol

The Legacy GT is too soft I agree. But we bought it because it doesn't stand out in a parking lot or on the road, but it is a blast to drive even though all we have done is a catback. We plan to lower it a bit with stiffer shocks and sway bars, 18x8s with 235s, a catted downpipe/tune, and short throw shifter. The car has the nice features that my wife likes (heated leather seats, heated mirrors etc) with less road noise than the WRX and we can actually fit five adults fairly comfortably. And the best part is it doesn't turn the wrong heads.

I like how you say we and that the lgt is your wifes car, but you say we with the mods. Come on be honest. You got the car for her but secretly wanted to so you can mod it and it can be your toy but her DD.:lol:

:lol: +1

I can't relate with this guy. I mean, yes I want more power but never would i resort to calling my car sluggish :spin:

I came from a car that made 320 lb-tq at 1,900 RPM. So yes, my Subaru making 243 lb-ft all the way up at 3,500 felt sluggish, especially in New York.

so i didnt come from a wrx but anybody complaining about handling on the legacy should drop the 1000 bucks and get a full set of BR series BC coilovers and slap them on there. I put them on my 06 spec.b and its like a different car...

I started with a 2002 WRX and then went to a 2004 STI when they came out. That rough ride got old after a few years, so I got a 2007 Legacy spec B. Then, I missed some of the edginess of the WRX family, so I just picked up a 2010 WRX Wagon Premium. Very smooth and powerful engine, heated seats, sunroof, navi, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/txchas/IMG_1825.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/txchas/IMG_1827.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/txchas/IMG_1828.jpg

Still have an 03 WRX wagon which has been pretty solid, but after buying the 05LGT wagon, I couldn't be happier. If you have kids and do any road trips, the difference is night and day. You get to your mid thirties and you don't want the loud cabin, small backseat, and some highschoolers ready to race at the light change.

Bought an 05 LGT wagon with a 5spd in it. couldnt be happier. test drove a ton of 02-05 WRXs and thought that was what i wanted until i drove this. a lot of guys on here are talkin about being older to appreciate the ride quality of the LGT, im 20 and love this car more than any of my previous cars: 02 maxima gle and 96 impreza. being a wagon does help with having a kid tho so maybe thats why i like it so much. :)

I went from an 02 wrx sedan, to an 07 wrx wagon, to my 08 Spec B. To me the difference between the two is night and day. Both WRX's felt faster, but that could be due to the noise levels. I got tired of the engine revving at stop lights and the fly by followed by brake lights on the highway.

I had to adjust to the clutch as the ones in the WRX's felt heavier than the one in my Legacy. Creature comforts are what sold me on this car and since I'm in my 30's it's a step away from the boy racer image of the WRX.

The best part of the LGT is the sleeper aspect. Without the large hood scoop announcing to the world that you've arrived, people are quite surprised when you leave them in the dust at a light.

I plan on going modding once the warranty runs out, but stage 2 will be enough for me.

So to sum it up, I made change on black friday and haven't looked back. Couldn't be happier!

I have a WRX(mine) and LGT(wife's).

The WRX while more entertaining at times has wore me really thin. If you are looking at longer term ownership LGT all the way. LGT incredibly more pleasant in so many ways and majority of driving.

I drove a 2010 WRX while a blast still like LGT better. Maybe it is because I am in my mid 30's.

02 WRX wagon to Galant VR4 then to the LGT. I'm older and taller ( 41, 6'6" ) than the average Scoobie owner.

Rex was STG2.5, loud, coarse, and a total blast to drive. Interior room was a no-go tho, at least for anyone having to sit behind me.

GVR4 was great, easy to work on, 250awhp, but the wife and kids could not get past the fact that it was 20 yrs old and did not shut off lights when a door was not closed properly. Every week+ trip taken I came back to a dead battery.

Got the 05 LGT 5MT in October. Put around 2k miles before modding the ECU, suspension, and brakes ( AP STG2, JDM Bilsteins, front Brembos ). Those mods made the car COMPLETELY different in a very good way! Don't miss the bugeye whatsoever now.

BTW the suspension mods made the biggest difference to me, second was STG2.

i owned a Lexus IS300 and test drove just about every car in the range of the LGT (tsx,tl-s,s4's,bmws, etc) before choosing and nothing compared (it was tough choosing between the LGT and STI though.). my roommate owns a wrx and at times i wonder if i should get a wrx, but the legacy has class that sets it apart from the rest. my buddy who owns a 07 A4 (so slow) cannot believe how smooth and fast the car is. i am looking to go stage 2 and get some advan connoisseur's on it soon with some suspension.

I used to have an 07 STI Limited, Protuned Stg2 with a few other goodies including some suspension mods and I absolutely loved it. I regret getting rid of that car...what I'm afraid of now is if I get into an LGT, preferably a Spec.B, that it won't be enough of a performance car. I could care less about teenieboppers revving at me. I have no problem ignoring them. I don't do anything that draws much attention from cops except going a little faster than most on freeways...but I've been ok with that for years as I don't bob and weave or do anything stupid like that.

I like the prestige of having an STI...but am wondering if I want a little more refinement, ergo looking at Legacies. 3 of my 5 cars had nothing to do with refinement. Acura Integra with intense suspension work, my STI with its work, and my current 350z which is a sports car as is. So I don't know I think the single most awesome thing about an STI is the DCCD though...so perhaps I'll delve back into the STI world instead of a Legacy. I don't have a ton of money to drop into a Legacy to get it to where an STI might be...so who knows. It will come down to test drives and availability.

Archived