LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost the same as previous: 107,255. that's four miles more, the distance from home to the repair shop (DPS in Gaithersburg, MD) and the mileage to be logged for the official Head Gasket failure point. It is more like ~ 105,000, but I limped by for a little while before the overheating was too frequent to use the car. Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

Youguys know if it is possible (and with any benefit) to put EJ22 heads on a EJ25?? I imagine it would up the C/R, possibly with a bit better fuel economy... Just wondering if any of you have done / heard of it being done before...

Youguys know if it is possible (and with any benefit) to put EJ22 heads on a EJ25?? I imagine it would up the C/R, possibly with a bit better fuel economy... Just wondering if any of you have done / heard of it being done before...

You have a lot of research ahead of you. Google "Subaru Frakenmotor" the 2.5 block with 2.2 heads you can make pretty good power.

Cosmetic headgaskets and ARP studs are a must in this build.

You have a lot of research ahead of you. Google "Subaru Frakenmotor" the 2.5 block with 2.2 heads you can make pretty good power.

Cosmetic headgaskets and ARP studs are a must in this build.

Plenty of them running around no issues without over a thousand bucks tied up in studs and gaskets.

I was just talking about this on another forum today, actually.

I'm starting a rebuild on a 25d block now, I'll have dual port 22 heads and performance cams. Should be quick.

It's not really THAT much trouble. If you have a good block it's no harder than a HG job. I need a good engine though, and the cheapest way to get the best engine possible is to completely rebuild one. So while I'm at it, I may as well do some mods.

I have an ej22 swap in the legacy now, but that engine is a POS that burns oil and has totally unknown history/mileage, etc.

The car has been running great since the belt was changed. runs much smoother at idle as well, not sure why? Before when the car was all warmed up and I'd be at a light or stopped somewhere and I'd just watch the rpm's idle and it would always jump around 350-420. Now with the belt fixed it doesn't jump at all, stays right at 400. The engine sounds so beastly at 6,500, its awesome! I also got the fuel filter changed and my mpg's have gone up considerably. probably gettin around 22-23 city, which at $3.75/ gallon is a big saver.

If you idle at 400 something is messed up. That's low. You're probably reading the gauge wrong.

Today was a fucked up day for my car. Pulling out of work to get lunch a truck went by, threw up a rock and broke my windshield. Cracked right in half. Great.

The bam CEL pops on.

After work I was mounting my summer tires and smelled gas at the back right.... I'm not even going to bother to read the code.... There's another $100 down the drain in a stupid filler neck.

If you idle at 400 something is messed up. That's low. You're probably reading the gauge wrong.

possibly, any idea what could be causing that? I'm sure i'm reading it right. What is the normal idle speed for our 2.5 gt's?

750-800 should be normal. The first line after 0 line is 500RPM. So if it is below that line then you need to get it fixed.

Ah, I see. I'll check it out later. I've noticed that the speedometer starts at 10 mph, but i never noticed that the tach was like that too.

pretty much every year between 95 and 99 got a different speedo. One or two are the same.

If your engine isn't shaking at idle, it's probably just fine. If it's actually idling low it will shake a bit.

Chances are your tach is off. I had one that always read on the first line, but when I plugged an OBD2 reader in it was right at 700. Where it's supposed to be.

yeah and those snow tires only like 2 months old :(

I'm thinking about getting studs in them next time and HP All seasons and switch when it gets bad..

Good news is i'm going to most likey buy this 97 outback on Wed so I will have my work cut out for me since I need to drop the tranny since it has issues.