LegacyGT.com

MSI / Eibach pro kit feedback

MSI

We are looking for potential clients for the dis-continued Eibach Prokit for the subaru Legacy. Pros / Cons, etc, etc.

If the demand is there, we will be able to get this kit put back into production for the LTG community. We have already started a GB on this, but would like some more feedback.

While we are renaming the kit "The MSI SpS Performance Spring kit" is still manufactured for us the world leader in Spring Technology... Eibach.

Below is our proposed marketing blurb ...

"This bolt-in replacement kit is the perfect answer for most frequently-driven street cars. It´s a spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicle´s handling performance and appearance.

The MSI SpS kit lowers your car´s center of gravity, reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and excessive nose-dive under braking. It is designed to effectively compliment original OEM suspension geometry parameters.

When installed on cars with larger wheels and tires, this kit adds the finishing touch to a winning recipe for a performance look by reducing fender well gaps."

Ride Height would lower the car 1in (25mm) front, and .8in (20mm) rear

Spring rates would be :

F Progressive 171-228 LBS/IN

R Progressive 171-337 LBS/IN

http://www.mooresport.com/upload/MSI%20SpS.jpg

i'll need to replace my springs sooner rather than later along with a new set of struts all around...eibachs was originally my pick due to pricing, performance, and lack of drop (i'll sacrifice a slight drop for performance over stock springs)...but once i found out that eibach was discontinues, i started looking towards the h-techs from tein...but if you are going to start producing these again, i'll be in at some point in the future (hopefully summer time, but only time will tell)

GRRRR! just as i had finally given up hope on these springs after a few months of moping after they and COBB went tits up....i gave in and accepted Raliteks...but i havent bought yet.

ohhh what to do, what to doooo?

interested.

why is there no link to the GB?

huh....that's a pretty nice amount of drop (not too much, not too little, bit more in the front) and I like the spring rates. What struts to pair this with? Seems like with the lower spring rates (than most other springs available), a nice stiffer strut would go well.

Aren't the Ralitek's based off these? Wondering the difference.

Rallitek's never released their spring rates, so it's hard to compare (we asked them several times when they were first testing and releasing them here in the Northwest). I understand it's trade secret/proprietary information, but it's a vital piece of info when trying to pair with the correct damper (ie, not just 'put it on your stock strut, it'll be great!).

Judging by how quickly the GB is filling up, seems like MSI has a good thing going...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My GF's 06' Legacy s getting sponge like now that its at 60K. we just picked up some 18x8 rotas from thewheeldude.com. the car is a kid hauler and daily driver.

what shocks do you recommend? how stiff are these?

My GF's 06' Legacy s getting sponge like now that its at 60K. we just picked up some 18x8 rotas from thewheeldude.com. the car is a kid hauler and daily driver.

what shocks do you recommend? how stiff are these?

Just to be clear, these are springs, and personally I'd recommend these springs with the shock staying stock.

That's what I'm going to run, and from what you said above it seems perfect for you too. Just my two cents of course....

yeah, i know they are springs. i was asking what shocks are recommended for these springs! does anyone have any pics of these installed, especially on a 18x8?

There's a pic posted in the actual group buy for these.

It's pretty well agreed that these were designed for the stock struts, but that with the "saggy butt" shims they will also work as a nice compliment on a Spec B.

I'd honestly think that for the application you were talking about earlier it'd likely be the best spring you could go with.

Archived