LegacyGT.com

MSI / Eibach pro kit feedback

MSI

The link should be earlier in this thead.... But here it is again for your convenience.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=msi

I think there's still a couple sets left too, but not too many. :spin:

hmm that link is not working for me, but the first one is working on the first page. Are these that much better than the Tein h techs?? The drop is almost exactly the same as well as the spring rates. The rates for the Eibachs are just very slightly stiffer. Why dont people just by the H techs?

hmm that link is not working for me, but the first one is working on the first page. Are these that much better than the Tein h techs?? The drop is almost exactly the same as well as the spring rates. The rates for the Eibachs are just very slightly stiffer. Why dont people just by the H techs?

So long as you found it....

The differences aren't huge. In all honesty if someone was "stuck" getting the H techs, or the Ralliteks (sp?) for that matter I'm sure they'd be happy.

First, there's a difference in drop. The Eibachs drop more in the front than the rear. And in fact the H techs drop more in the rear than the Eibachs. For me that does two things in the Eibachs favour. It levels the look of the car (i.e. the wheel wells look to be spaced the same with the Eibachs whereas the nose can look to be pointing up with the H techs) Also, given the offsets of some wheels (like mine :p) the rear tires come pretty close to rubbing with the Eibachs, and I'd be pretty much assured they would with the H techs (or at least it'd be close enough I'd hesitate to try).

Second, is that although the spring rates are supposed to be very similar, everyone I've gotten reviews from LOVED the feel of the Eibachs. I've not heard a lot of negativity about the H techs, but I have heard enough about the S techs that people might just be that much more hesitant.

Third, they're Eibachs. Sucks that people care about brand, but there you have it.

^^^^ Just my thoughts, someone feel free to jump in and correct me! :redface:

The point about the wheels I never thought about. The Eibachs drop 25mm in the front, 20mm in the rear. The Tein H techs are 24mm in the front, 22mm in the rear. Does it make that much difference? maybe, I dont know. I actually have the Tein h techs, and have had them for like 4 years now. I really dont understand why people seem to be so gung ho about having Eibachs. Thats basically the part I dont get.

The point about the wheels I never thought about. The Eibachs drop 25mm in the front, 20mm in the rear. The Tein H techs are 24mm in the front, 22mm in the rear. Does it make that much difference? maybe, I dont know. I actually have the Tein h techs, and have had them for like 4 years now. I really dont understand why people seem to be so gung ho about having Eibachs. Thats basically the part I dont get.

Ah. If you already have the h techs, you'd be crazy to consider these. Honestly I think people are crazy for them, as they're thought to be better (even if it's only slightly) and no one had them for sale for so long. Basically they just weren't an option. Now all of a sudden they are, but in limited numbers. I think that's why people (myself included) are so excited for them.

Now, as far as if the ~2mm difference in drop really making a difference... it's pretty hard to say. Probably not. :redface: But when you have the option to not find out, and finding out could mean rolled fenders (especially if you live in an area where the art of rolling fenders involves a baseball bat) why bother?

Anyway, you should be happy with your springs for sure, there's nothing here that's revolutionary in terms performance/ride than what you have.

It's just one of those things that everyone gave up on and suddenly here they are.... :wub:

Archived