LegacyGT.com

*Loving* my Spec.B - 22 days & 2300 miles later

So I've put 2300 miles on the 2008 Spec.B I got on December 30th. I'm definately in love. :wub:

I had lots of fun on the potenzas and finally got around to ordering some blizzaks from Tirerack. Of course we got a few inches of snow yesterday and the UPS driver wouldn't come up the hill to our house :mad:

Driving the car home last night with the potenzas on was an adventure. I knew they were going to be skates so I was mentally prepared but it was still a trip. I took the turn onto my road too fast and about half way through lost all steering and started going straight. Luckily I punched the gas and the front wheels pulled me around. Going up the hill consisted of lots of wheel spin and just trying to keep it straight. The first 200 feet of the side street i live on is about a 35% grade, on the border of too steep to be legal. Once I disabled VDC I was able to spin my way up the hill and get to my house. I'm convinced that without the limited slip in the back of the Spec.B I wouldn't have made it up that hill with those tires.

Smash cut to today (actually yesterday but I didn't hit submit last night :spin::spin: ) and I get my new Blizzaks put on. I went and found the closest foot of fresh powder to drive through and it was a dream. Came back home and went right up the hill, no slip. I even stopped in the middle and was able to start back up the hill with almost no slip. So sweet!

My wife's Volvo XC70 had trouble making it up the same hill just a little while before when there was even less snow. I'm very disappointed in the Volvo AWD system, especially compared to the subie Symmetric AWD.

I also had a funny experience two days ago when I gave a girl a ride in my car. We were driving through the canyon and she made the comment that my car rode "so smooth". My response was that I'd kept it in i-mode the whole time after i saw her grab her door handle when I went into the first turn. I turned to S# and punched it into some corners. She went into a laughing fit that lasted about 2 minutes after I slowed back down. She's the second woman I've given a ride during "spirited" driving and they both had laughing fits. Is this a common reaction? :rolleyes:

Final comment, I looked up the Kelly Blue Book on my car and it's more than I paid. That really made me happy. :cool:

Archived