LegacyGT.com

DM's PIAA Ion Crystal Fogs

Drift Monkey

Xenock,

Now I have to find brighter backup light bulbs. The owners manual says they are 921 bulbs at 12V/16w. I found piaa bulbs which look simular, but are called w2 at 12v/18w. Are these the same bulbs? Can the w2 bulb be used in the legacy for the backup light? If not, do you know where brighter bulbs can be found for the legacy backup light?

thanks,

John

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
just put em on my car. Looks awesome & much brighter
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Xenock,

Now I have to find brighter backup light bulbs. The owners manual says they are 921 bulbs at 12V/16w. I found piaa bulbs which look simular, but are called w2 at 12v/18w. Are these the same bulbs? Can the w2 bulb be used in the legacy for the backup light? If not, do you know where brighter bulbs can be found for the legacy backup light?

thanks,

John

W2s from what I know are interior lights which are totally different from 921s. goto http://www.eautoworks.com to see any bulb you wish to have.

Keefe

I personally think PIAA's are rip off

i had PIAAs in my lightning and it was not as good as

people said or advertised

this time i went with eurolights.com's bulbs

i saw'em in my buddy's cobra and loved it

a lot cheaper than PIAAs too

here are some pics

DSCF1260-small.JPG.7283d921bee07b0d917bbf6f083f87d9.JPG

DSCF1262-small.JPG.c0ef0bc63880409e15cb88c9fd2749e7.JPG

DSCF1263-small.JPG.eab444a3707a966d6cb6b00685aee962.JPG

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I personally think PIAA's are rip off

i had PIAAs in my lightning and it was not as good as

people said or advertised

this time i went with eurolights.com's bulbs

i saw'em in my buddy's cobra and loved it

a lot cheaper than PIAAs too

here are some pics

What xenons do you have...brand, kelvin rating? Thanks...

i hope that isn't true pata :redface:

i know the owner of bling lights and his product is top notch, a lot better than many of the HIDs i've seen people do group buys on within these forums. blinglights's prices are tough to beat vs the quality of product you recieve.

i, along with other friends i have reccomneded to bling, are extremely happy with our xenons. u can check out the forum/gallery at http://www.blinglights.net .

if i may add he is the only vendor i have seen that carries VHO HIDs and one of the few to have 3000k HIDs, which i have seen in person and they look awesome!

i hope that isn't true pata :redface:

If I remember correctly, we looked at doing a group buy through them and it fell apart. I bought mine from XenonFactory - a Polarion kit with Phillips bulbs...I'm happy with them.

Sorry if I offended you.....I just personaly loathe the word 'bling' :redface:

mmanus88 - No offense to either you or your friend, but a serious technical question:

Why would anyone want a 6000-Kelvin color-temperature set of fogs?

That's biased towards the bluer end of the color spectrum - aim and optics aside, what about the simple phenomenon of blue-scatter, especially in inclimate weather?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ I guess that, and color-matching with aftermarket HID lows, would definitely be it.... :rolleyes:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

getting all technical on me :rolleyes:

alls i know is that they are bright as hell (as their HID counterparts) and a lot brighter than stock halogens. the way i look at it, yea yellow/white may be more usable than blue, but if the brightness is high enough on the lights, then it doesn't matter at that point. such is the case with the 6k fogs from BL. i'm not a scientist and i hated physics, so i can only offer my observations from examples of different light installs.

6K for driving lights maybe, but fog patterns need a lower color temp. Bluish white light scatters in fog, so you are defeating the purpose by going that color. Don't confuse color temp with brightness....two different things.

*Bling* = high color temp, to appear like HID's on factory installs. It's just not a good choice for use in fog/inclement weather.

6K for driving lights maybe, but fog patterns need a lower color temp. Bluish white light scatters in fog, so you are defeating the purpose by going that color. Don't confuse color temp with brightness....two different things.

*Bling* = high color temp, to appear like HID's on factory installs. It's just not a good choice for use in fog/inclement weather.

It's really not that blue light "scatters" or yellow lights "cuts through" it's how our eyes respond to different spectrums of light. Our eyes just respond better to yellower light, and worse to the bluer end of the spectrum.

I think I'll end up picking a set of these up:

http://www.nlmotoring.com/images/POLB1puryelpackage.jpg

It's really not that blue light "scatters" or yellow lights "cuts through" it's how our eyes respond to different spectrums of light. Our eyes just respond better to yellower light, and worse to the bluer end of the spectrum.

Oh really? Why is the sky blue and not yellow Mr. Smartypants ??????

Oh really? Why is the sky blue and not yellow Mr. Smartypants ??????

Easy. Blue and violet are the shortest wavelength/highest frequency colors of visible light, and, as such, they scatter the most readily. This is why the sky is blue rather than any other color from the sun's white output spectrum. Blue light doesn't just scatter most readily in the sky, but also in the eye.

Archived