LegacyGT.com

Cheese Fans

F1nALMSFan

Hey everyone,

Curious to see what everyone prefers when it comes to cheese. As we have beer snobs here, myself being one, do we have any cheese snobs? Being from Wisconsin, and working for a cheese company(Sartori Foods), I do have certain standards. What does everyone here like? Discuss....

My favorites:

Sartori Foods Dolcina Gorgonzola

Sartori Foods Bellavitano (Gold, Raspberry and Black Pepper)

Sartori Foods SarVecchio Parmesan

Pecorino Romano

any double or tripple cream Brie

Gruyere

Rembrante Gouda

many more, those are my favorites

Stilton isn't bad, but then you have Gorgonzola, DanaBlue, Brie, Cheddar, Priest Cheese etc.

There are a lot of various types of cheese, and a Cheddar cheese that you get in the US is definitely not the same as Cheddar cheese that you get in the UK or in Sweden. Personally I think that the US versions lacks taste completely, even those specified as "Seriously Sharp" (OK, there is a faint taste on the "Seriously Sharp" one...)

Sweden usually has a large number of various hard cheeses, but also a few more uncommon - like a cheese from sheep's milk with roquefort cheese mold, Bredsjö Blå.

Parmesan cheese is also a good cheese, but cottage cheese is rather boring, and seems to me to be useful only as some kind of bulk filler.

Reminds me that I have a can of Stilton in the fridge... I just need a suitable type of bread for it. :spin:

453747.png

While I was in the UK, I became a bit of a cheese snob. My tastes are pretty basic, though. I'm not into the boutique cheeses, I'm a cheddar person. About the only cheddar I can stomach here in the States now is the "seriously sharp" variety that Cabot makes. But come the Holidays, it takes a pretty big stick to keep me away from the Port Wine.

At work, I make due with a can of Easy Cheese and a bag of pretzels - Ha!

- Allen.

Cabot makes some good cheese. Im a Muenster cheese kind of guy..

I also eat mozzarella like its going out of style, especially if its home-made and freshh!

Sharp isnt really my thing. Dont really like the flavor unless its on taco's

Archived