LegacyGT.com

Bill Kolb Jr Subaru

Theride

So base on my on-line research, I was planning on going to this dealer to see whats going on since they have a wider range of the car I am looking for (08 or 09 legacy SE). After reading about other guys here experience, I am now hesitant. I personally hate car shopping and having a crappy sales person is just adding fuel to the fire for me.

I live on the west side of Long Island, NY and the dealers here don't seem to have any 2008/2009 collection on their lot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
go to north coast subaru, they are the most honest delaership I've ever dealt with. I got my LGt at Grand Prix (total crooks). I found north coast when shopping around for the best price on service. They are the best! When I was a kid I tried to buy a used car off them, after they inspected it, they found it to be faulty and wouldn't sell it to me. They are very stand up people. I've sent my mom there to buy her car and I'll be headed there soon to buy another. I live in Mass now and I still drive down to get all my major service done there.

A big +1 for North Coast. Great service and great people. However, I only see 1 2008 Legacy for sale. It looks like an SE for $20,300 without CPO. Since I paid $22,900 for my '08 Limited there about two years ago, it appears you'd have plenty of negotiating room. Give them a try.

Search on this forum for Bill Kolb, he doesn't have many fans here.

It looks like Kolb's a high volume dealer, so I assume that's how he keeps prices low. I've also read the criticisms of Kolb. I went there and to fitzmall.com to check prices before negotiating with North Coast. I probably paid $1000 more than the fitzmall price for my car, but I didn't have to go to Maryland to pick it up. Plus, I got about $500 over auction price for my trade-in and didn't have the hassle of a private sale. North Coast is only about three miles from my house and they treat me very well. I drop my car off at 8am for an oil change ($32), walk down the block to get breakfast and the car is ready for pickup at 9. (Or, they'll give me a loaner.) Another Long Island dealer that seems to get good reviews is Metric in Huntington.

I did call fitzmall to inquire about a car and they sounded very professional. From postings I've seen, they also seem to be pretty reputable. If you live in that area or are willing to travel, it seems they offer some good deals.

I actually went to Bill Kolb and the guy actually was pretty polite. even encouraged me to take a test drive, which I did. I didnt get any "mean" vibes from the sales guy. But because of their reputation im concerned about the quality of the cars even though they have low miles. and reasonably priced.

I know of the other dealers. I havent visited them but based on the internet research, they are way above what bill kolb is selling theirs for.

Stay away from bill kolb. They are polite till you buy the car. The money you save buying watever POS you do will bite you in the ass later. It happened to me. After a motor replacement which i had to fight for then a clutch replacement which they didn't do because they are twats my car is almost finally running right. Pay the extra and dont go their. And their service department are filled with hardcore Ra-tards. Pay the extra and get a Subaru you will enjoy

i had bought my spec b from there, and the nav wasnt working, ( which i realized a week after, never had nav, dont really use it) i come to find out that they had given me a burned nav disc that they copied. called him up demanding one, he fought, but i won. moral Bill Kolb, great prices, terrible people

Stay away from bill kolb. They are polite till you buy the car. The money you save buying watever POS you do will bite you in the ass later. It happened to me. After a motor replacement which i had to fight for then a clutch replacement which they didn't do because they are twats my car is almost finally running right. Pay the extra and dont go their. And their service department are filled with hardcore Ra-tards. Pay the extra and get a Subaru you will enjoy

I couldn't agree with you more,happened to me too.:mad:

Just have to add my 2cents.

Brought my 09 from Bill Kolb got a good deal. They do a large volume, if you drive around the back of the dealership you will see a fairly large lot that holds 20 to 40 cars (new). And just last month I was back for the recall. The service lady was on the money and she even called me when the car was ready for pickup.

Just do your price homework and buy were you get a good price and feel that you will be treated well.

Good Luck...

I'm 3000 miles away from Kolb and it is not far enough. F*** that place and f*** everyone who works there.

F*** the Ramsey service department too. My dash is still f***ed up from them searching for the A/C condensation leak.

^^^Lol, got my car from Ramsey Subaru.

I'm split with their service. I got a great deal on the car because it was a leftover but have been back to service a bunch of times for little things that keep popping up. The service manager is quite nice though, lol.

Yeah, I got a good deal on the car at Ramsey.

My beef is with the Service Dept.

The Manager is an ASS!

He was real nice after the owner jumped down his throat on my behalf, nice enough to quit working on my car and give it back to me in pieces! BROKEN PIECES at that.

Plus I brought the car in fully detailed and they gave it back with a nice coat of sludge. I am pretrty sure they F'ed with the car, just because I complained. I did a full write up about it in the "water in footwell" thread.

Ramsey Subaru

Before I bought my Legacy I test drove one from there.

Even before the car pulled up for me to get into I wasn't liking the dealership.

As I'm getting out of the car after the test drive I look at the sticker on the side and notice it says "SOLD" on it.

So yeah, if you bought a 2006 white LGT from Ramsey Subaru, there's a chance I test drove it after you bought it without you knowing it (until now).

I actually don't like ANY of the Ramsey dealers....especially the Acura dealer.

Nobody has mentioned them, but they are local and I have experience with them... Rye Subaru.

Their service manager is a complete jerk (to be polite). My buying experience was "eh". I knew a lot more about the car than my salesman did. He also had a terribly bland personality. Not to mention they gave me NO wiggle room on the price of the car.

Archived