LegacyGT.com

Bill Kolb Jr Subaru

Theride

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I was worried about them modding a brand new car putting cheap leather seats on and depreciating the value. I think what really worries me is that this deal sounds to good to be true. Its actually $1500 down and the fact that it includes so much at so low a price might be too good to be true.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the deals may be too good to be true, because some of the cars maybe had previous damage. the 09 2.5i 5speed which i test drove had a CLEAN car facts, but i made a big scene about the recall, and the guy said, well the recalls no big deal, we did the work here, so they printed me out a page with the repair/maint. history. The first position stated, that the car was in an accident (big pot hole) and that the control arm was replaced at a 3rd party shop (not under warrenty at a dealership.. hmm), also the Bill Kolb Jr. mechanic stated on the report "there was a zip tie on the steering rack boot". maybe thats why this car was $16,800 not $17,500 like priced at other dealerships. Lets just say i passed that 2.5I and am looking at one from Allentown Pa.

Yeah that sounds really sketchy on them trying to sell you a used car with a zip-tie holding something down. :lol:

If anything it seems like when it comes to used cars BK dealership is not to be trusted, I'm just curious if the new car selection is trustworthy...

I would say sikp Kolb, there are plenty of Subaru dealers I'm sure will get you a great lease for 199 you can put a window Navi on I'd live without the leather if having leather means its cheap crap. Better get a new un altered Subaru than something that has been messed with by a dealership that has 4 pages already and each page has one fishy story after another. If they are dropping the price up front for the lease I'm sure the fine print on the backend is steep there definately is some "catch" If it were me the Elite is definately attractive especially when you are in the new car zone and excited to get more than what you pay for. But I'm sure 6 months down the road there is a good chance you will regret it. I had a base 2010 2.5i and now I have a 05 LGT LTD I am much happpier with my LGT.

Huh... I actually got a '10 2.5i Premium from there with about 8k miles on it for 19,886 from there before reading this thread and I also had a friend with me that bought a USED '11 model with only 412 miles on it (the owner of the car passed away and BK bought the car back from the family) and they actually sent me a $50 referral check like they said they would...

Hopefully, nothing goes wrong with the car and if it does I have a 7yr/70k ext Subaru warranty...

Also, maybe it was just me but it seemed that Ramsey Subaru has more pre-owned non-Subaru's than new and used Subaru's put together...

**EDIT** Also, one of the other reasons, we both went there is because no other dealership in a 50 mile radius had a good selection of pre-owned '10 models...

Huh... I actually got a '10 2.5i Premium from there with about 8k miles on it for 19,886 from there before reading this thread and I also had a friend with me that bought a USED '11 model with only 412 miles on it (the owner of the car passed away and BK bought the car back from the family) and they actually sent me a $50 referral check like they said they would...

Hopefully, nothing goes wrong with the car and if it does I have a 7yr/70k ext Subaru warranty...

Also, maybe it was just me but it seemed that Ramsey Subaru has more pre-owned non-Subaru's than new and used Subaru's put together...

**EDIT** Also, one of the other reasons, we both went there is because no other dealership in a 50 mile radius had a good selection of pre-owned '10 models...

Mind me asking what options, we just bought 11 2.5I Premuim with AWP-Moonroof-fogs new for $21,647

It was a '10 2.5I Premium w/ AWP, and my mistake, it was $19,386... Was you '11 bought brand new? If not, how many miles were on your '11?

yes brand new, but manual, so not sure how much more the CVT is.

3 weeks ago they sold my friend a car that blew up on the ride home... next day they claimed his car which was traded was sold and "gone"... a week of fighting resulted into them finally agreeing to replace the motor...They signed an agreement saying a new motor would go in and when we checked on the progress we found out a used motor was getting put in..that same weekend his trade in wrx appeared for sale, now sh!t his the fan.. my friend and his father went in there looking for blood, everytime they asked for either the money for the car or the actually car they were told " nobody is here to help you with that"... Finally reviewing there paper work we found they committed insurance fraud by tampering with paperwork, they added the warranty to have the blown motor covered by their insurance instead of paying out of pocket... They then returned the WRX.. I believe they have about 13 reports to the better business bureau... Enough said about them

Archived