LegacyGT.com

Lets see those pictures of your lowered Legacy!!!

I hope you guys might be able to help me with this--So i have stock suspension on my 98 lgt. i have some enkei zr1's that rub in the back. I've had the fenders rolled and pulled but they still rub. The guy claims that if i buy drop springs and camber bolts that he can make my wheels fit. What do you guys think about that? Are drop springs worth wearing out your struts?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you guys might be able to help me with this--So i have stock suspension on my 98 lgt. i have some enkei zr1's that rub in the back. I've had the fenders rolled and pulled but they still rub. The guy claims that if i buy drop springs and camber bolts that he can make my wheels fit. What do you guys think about that? Are drop springs worth wearing out your struts?

Im guessing your rubbing in the rear, to fix that you can buy these things called help prevent butt sagg, I dont know their proper name but they go in between your springs to help sag.

what size are your rims and tires?

Haha yea I am in the same boat with you on what they are called. Was hoping it would ring a bell on what they are called if I started throwing names out. I believe that is what they are called though. Or do wagon springs on the car. They sit a little higher and the spring rate is a lot stiffer due to it having to hold the extra weight the wagon brings. That is what I am running on my Lego and the ride height is damn near even and looks very very good.

going back off topic guys :p looked at all the rims (gonna try my first paint job soon, but i'm 17 so there'll be more to come!) loved em. seriously, it's one of those thing's that's unique. sure, some may be stupid colors or whatever, but scooby's right: it's something that sets the car apart from all the rest. the silver or white rims are still unique, cuz there are different style rims out there too. everything's different, it's just how people see it. i see in color, and damn, i love color :) thinking about going gold to match the limited lettering color...any suggestions on color? and if not, carry on with suspension, as i'm learning plenty for when i replace my set up this spring!

I did some search but i can't find a exact answer , so i need to ask ...

Here is my story , i bought a 1999 Legacy L wagon 2.2L (BK7) not long ago and i have a broken front coil spring ( left side ) so i am planning to buy a set of lower springs then i check on my friend's garage , they told me an 99 legacy wagon doesn't have any jobber spring or lower spring , and i check on Tirerack too . So can anyone tell me which suspension company is available for my car please? thank you ...

i just found an H&R lower spring here : http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn~hr_lowering_springs_sport_lowering_springs-20156.html

Can anyone tell me is this gonna fit on my car ?

Check the H&R website for more information,

I believe those will fit yours...

i checked already and i even call them today , they can't even sure ,

there had 2 model of spring H&R for a legacy , 1st 93-98 but it is not for a wagon and the other one is 99-04 which is a third gen of legacy so i don't know what should i do ..... i guess in this forum someone have a 99 wagon with lower spring on it

look in to perrin springs as well. I know of a set off an 05 STi that are selling for 60 bucks. That is what I am running off mine but they are for an 02 WRX Wagon. S techs give you a good drop. But definitly look in to H&R's or Perrin.

So you are telling me is 04-05 STI spring or 02 WRX spring will fit on my 99 Legacy wagon ? so how about the shock , are they bolt on too ?

I am pretty sure they will work, I am not 100% sure. But the strut is what the spring sits on. It will bolt on.. Im not trying to make you look like a total newb. I am sorry if you take it that way. I am just assuming that is what you were asking me. lol. If you have any questions pm me and I will be happy to try and help the best I can.

So you are telling me is 04-05 STI spring or 02 WRX spring will fit on my 99 Legacy wagon ? so how about the shock , are they bolt on too ?

Yes 04-05 springs will work. As long as your struts are from a Subaru from 05 and below, you will be fine. I run 06 STi springs on 05 WRX struts and they work beautifully. You will need to swap the legacy tophats for WRX rear tophats+paranoid spacers but thats the only difference. The front struts can all be the same.

You know what, im going to get over the bright color "fugly"ness and go paint my wheels mudbutt shit brown :rollseyes:

Yea, one day you will grow up and go with a normal color rim.

Until then, continue to think that they look good and that you are unique. :lol:

Bad news, On the way up to Sno Drift, guy in a blue bugeye decided to rear end me as i was slammed on the brakes due to a guy in a 04 wagon spinning out of control doing 65 on the highway, guy in the blue bugeye was 10+ cars behind me and managed to hit me in the right rear quarter doing the speed we were all doing before it happened (65mph), i was 3 cars away from the guy spinning out in front of me and i managed to avoid him. but the bugeye driver must not know how to handle his car and smacked in to me. i was doing between 30-40mph and he was doing 65 AT LEAST! Car is most likely totaled.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z310/Namor24/Legacy/100_2687.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z310/Namor24/Legacy/100_2692.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived