LegacyGT.com

Lets see those pictures of your lowered Legacy!!!

My commute is 50ish kms eachway. Hoping to move closer to work in a few months. But my buddy has a lowered '90 Jetta coupe. 2 inches of road clearance and 2 fingers tire gap. And that's his winter setup. His ride is very stiff but forgiving. I can live with that easily. I could care less about my passengers :).

Slickfast...I'm an industrial designer....form over function is what I do :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhh thats hilarious, I'm an engineer!! haha oh man that totally made my day.

As a side note, a proper set of coilovers will NOT make a firmer ride than lowering springs and some aftermarket shocks. Coilovers are matched for each other to deliver the most effective grip, therefore the quickest around a track. However, stiffer does not mean faster. Coilovers often will have better ride quality than some stiffer springs as well as being quicker around the track. if you have the cash, go for coilovers.

hahah to both of you that made my day as well!

Yup slickfast your right, i guess what I meant to say is that you feel every bump in the road, when I had coilovers i didnt like them for my daily commute so I switched to ebachi pro springs which are still still but im not annoyed. I just hate my spring's ride height haha

haha, you have no idea how many times I've heard "we can't make that" or "that'll never work" from engineers. I should care more about how things should work, but I really don't. As long as it looks good I'm happy. That's the case with this too. I'll worry about back problems later.

haha, you have no idea how many times I've heard "we can't make that" or "that'll never work" from engineers. I should care more about how things should work, but I really don't. As long as it looks good I'm happy. That's the case with this too. I'll worry about back problems later.

hahaha that is awesome, whatever blows your skirt up man. I'm the type that doesn't like to modify anything unless it has a positive effect on the performance of the car... I could care less if it's stock ride height or not. And by the way, I'm an aero engineer for a aircraft company concept department... we're the ones designing crazy aircraft and then trying to make things work. That said though, I know a loooot of engineers like those you refer to; zero imagination and creativity.:spin:

EDIT: I actually have to take back my statement a little bit since this is my "toy" car... I decorate this thing like a christmas tree. My M3 though is srys bisns!

I don't know what is up with the arguement on stuff. It was a thread on very low cars. I am not worried about the form or function of them. It is all looks. Slickfast, just like you, this is my "looks" and "retro" type car. My STi swapped and 30r'd bugeye is also, serious business. 11.71@119mph letting off 80' out on 20psi? I'm not bragging about it. But just because you have a M3 and it is "srys bisns", doesnt mean other people aren't the same way. Everyone in here has there own car, it isn't yours, so why come in here and tell us function over form? You can do whatever your heart desires on what you want to do to your cars, but please don't come in here and tell us what to do or tell us we aren't doing it right. We are doing what you wouldn't do. Whether you like it or not, It is our cars..... kthanxbai.

Chromehorn and WESTCoast, Thank you very much on your help and suggestions. Keep doing what you are doing. Great looking white legacy

jeebus dude, you need to relax a little bit. I didn't think we were arguing; we were just joking around that he cares about form over function and I care about the opposite. The funny part is that he's an industrial designer and I'm an engineer. typical :lol:

But since you brought it up, I'll respond: If you're going to go with a "stanceworks" style ride and stretch and poke your tires with 215's on 9" rimzz, I'm sorry but you're gonna hear some flack from people. This is a public forum; you're going to hear any and all opinions. That's my opinion, and this is the USA last time I checked (at least where I am). Besides, it doesn't have to be an argument (again I didn't think we were arguing just then), and sometimes people can learn something about suspension that they didn't know before. I personally think nothing looks better than a machine that was built to perform. Others think a proper car has lambo doors and more tv's in the cabin than in their homes. The fact is that people come on forums for opinions and information. If people wanted to just go ahead and do something without making a thread about it, they are free to do so (i have ebay driving lights with a home-made roof fairing and I could care less what other people think; it's fun for me). If they make a thread on a public forum however, they're gonna hear what people think. Now, I don't mean to be brash about this but I despise when people tell other people to shut up on public forums. I dunno why it just irks me.

by the way, I completely acknowledge that it's their car, if you actually read through the above posts:

"hahaha that is awesome, whatever blows your skirt up man."

Now, am I being too forceful for you? If so, I send my sincerest apologies.

/aaaaaaaaaand BACK on topic! slammed legacy's can't be THAT uncommon. WESTcoasts isn't even low imo!

/aaaaaaaaaand BACK on topic! slammed legacy's can't be THAT uncommon. WESTcoasts isn't even low imo!

hahaha yeah im not low but I have lowering springs haha which barley took it an inch down. They just asked for pics of my car thats all haha. I use to be low(the pic of my car in the field) but like i said before got tired of it. but now im sorta tired of this stock look and might go with some coils again;)

I don't know what is up with the arguement on stuff. It was a thread on very low cars. I am not worried about the form or function of them. It is all looks. Slickfast, just like you, this is my "looks" and "retro" type car. My STi swapped and 30r'd bugeye is also, serious business. 11.71@119mph letting off 80' out on 20psi? I'm not bragging about it. But just because you have a M3 and it is "srys bisns", doesnt mean other people aren't the same way. Everyone in here has there own car, it isn't yours, so why come in here and tell us function over form? You can do whatever your heart desires on what you want to do to your cars, but please don't come in here and tell us what to do or tell us we aren't doing it right. We are doing what you wouldn't do. Whether you like it or not, It is our cars..... kthanxbai.

Chromehorn and WESTCoast, Thank you very much on your help and suggestions. Keep doing what you are doing. Great looking white legacy

Yeah bro were not fighting here I just just like what slickfast said its funny as because one is a designer and the other is an engineer, and I'm an IT Manager who works for a light rail company and two of my best friends within that company is the head designer and the other is the head engineer and they ALWAYS argue hahaha. So yeah at work today I showed them this and they both lol'd!!

Do you guys have pics of the m3 and the bugeye!?!? as I would love to see.

You guys with your serious cars this is my serious car, and I have an outback but that doesnt really count haha. I had this car all through college, I just refuse to get another one hahaha

Im just trying to set things straight because I dont want this thread to turn in to a Nasioc thread where people start to argue and stuff. Sorry for misinterpreting that you guys were joking. I just dont want shit to hit the fan is all.

Im not for the redic 18x9 wheel with a 195 rubberband wheel, but like i said, its there car, they can do whatever. I am more of the put a ton of meat on the small wheel. I am running a 245/40/17 dunlop direzza z1 star spec on my 17x8 rota torque. And I still spin like hell. I am considering of doing a 17x9 rota torque on the legacy with some custom flares that some is doing on his lgt on nasioc. but i will be doing a 245 on that. may just throw my direzza's that are on my 17x8's on to them.

I have a picture of it in my avatar. If you would like to check out my Intro thread, go for it!

Btw, I picked the car up tonight, SHWING!! I forgot how freaking clean the interior is! Exterior, yea it has dents and dings, yea the front bumper is bad, but I plan on doing a LGT front bumper, rear bumper, and sideskirts.

My Rally Armor mudflaps will be here wednesday hopefully! STi Catback will be going on possibly tomorrow

Ya, just some friendly ribbing. But I can see how one might think it was an argument. Yup Stanceworks/Hellaflush. I'm a member of both of those boards and a few others based around stance, offset, poke. stretched tires etc. Rolling my fenders in the summer. I was expecting flack, especially from the Subaru guys. The way I see it...its a wagon, a pretty slow one at that. Might as well make her look good (my opinion) on a budget then spend tons more to make her fast. Also traffic laws here are much stricter now. 50kms above the speed limit, you're pretty much toast. Car is impounded and presumably parted out in no time. Some have even been crushed.

hey guys I thought I keep back to the thread to help you guys more I went and seached some ppl and friends with coils most of these guys are over at sl-i.net

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/4A-FE/Subaru%20Legacy/100_0760-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/4A-FE/Subaru%20Legacy/IMG_2529-1.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/stirally8/my%20legacy/scottscamera019.jpg

and my friends lgt mine is going to grow up and be just like his...but white lol

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mcv858/IMG_0005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k266/mcv858/IMG_0029.jpg

Yaaaaaaa uhh, I'm for sure going lower than those. The red one is nice though. Some tire spacers would help. BC racing coils $1075 shipped....and $95 for a replacement not a rebuild....warranty is much better than Stance's. Leaning towards these as of now. We'll see in a few months when it warms up.

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/BC-Racing-BR-Series-Coilover-Kit.html

awesome sounds good, I heard about those too and they are a good pair to go with! just remember about rubbing issues, well when you lower your car;) you'll find out all about rolling fenders and what not, but on stock rims you might be ok

Most impreza's and all wrx(02-06 but go with 02-07) suspension such as struts will bolt on our car no problem.

Hey I don't want to sound like a bone head, but when you say all WRX suspensions fit, does that also include STI's? I've got my eye on some Stock 06 STI suspension and I want to be sure they will fit before I pull the trigger...

Hey I don't want to sound like a bone head, but when you say all WRX suspensions fit, does that also include STI's? I've got my eye on some Stock 06 STI suspension and I want to be sure they will fit before I pull the trigger...

From what I heard all STi suspension except for the 04 STi will not be a direct bolt(well i heard will not fit). Im not sure what the cause of it but I would just take the safe route.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210448&highlight=wrx+struts

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY then all you need is some struts and your good!

PS if you need help I got the tool to instal springs with, it does take some time though haha. I did this with 8 friends and it took up 8hrs todo!!!

because for the first 1 hr was use looking for two jacks and drinking,

the next one was looking for the right tools and drinking,

the next 4hrs was us drunkingly putting on parts, laughing, cracking jokes, loosing bolts, finding bolts, putting parts on the wrong parts just having a good old time being guys and working on cars.

the last 2hrs was us realizing its 2am its dark and cold out in the garage, our friend lives 30miles away and sitting there sad looking at his car on jacks and parts everywhere, weren't having fun anymore, we are frustrated and the serious work began.

withing those two hours re took apart all four struts put the correct springs in them and completed the job!

haha ok imma go to bed now no more late night stories

Hahahahahahaha oh man sounds like a blasty blast!

So I am going to be putting the suspension on my bugeye on to the Lego because I found out all 4 struts are blown.

WRX Suspension consists of: KYB AGX Struts and Perrin Springs.

WRX Suspension will now be: BC Racing Coilovers

Archived