LegacyGT.com

Chump car challange

Tracer-X

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also check into renting a seat from a team that needs a driver. (I was just about to do that last spring, right before my elbow got fxxked up.)

At every local race there has usually been a team or three that needs another driver or two to meet the four-driver minimum. Squirrels of Fury has two cars, so they need eight drivers total, so they are usually looking for drivers (and they're good people, too!).

Expect to spend $750 or so, usually half up front and half when the race starts. Generally all non-refundable, so prefer a team and car that has finished races in the past. :)

With 8 drivers already (or even just 7 while Tommy is deployed) Team Pony Express is doing the opposite - constantly looking for excuses to vote someone off the island.

It's the only reason we're all so polite to each other. :lol:

It's the only reason we're all so polite to each other. :lol:

haha

I told Aaron on Saturday that you guys work pretty well together. I saw some teams that were yelling at each other while working on a car and were just a lot less organized. You guys did good.

2. Please don't make it such that I am the ONLY one on the team capable of making any judgements. I'll let you in on a secret: I am only more vocal about it.

No, you aren't the only one vocal about it and that's the EXACT problem. I'm personally ashamed of the behavior of the team around what happened leading up to the race. Why do you think I actually had to intervene and the team dinner before the race and actually tell everybody to lay the fuck off Nick? From my outsider perspective, I've watched several of the team - but a majority percentage being you - take nearly every opportunity to harp on Nick over his participation in this race to the point that it frustrated me to watch. Did he deserve a tiny bit of ribbing over it? Maybe? Probably? But things have gotten mean and ill spirited. If you couldn't see Nick sitting at the dinner table looking furious and destroyed while people just kept going it's your loss of a good teammate.

The usual atmosphere of back-and-forth is all in good fun until it crosses the line. There's an awful lot the team chooses not to harp on you about because it's beyond the point of being funny, and I've watched several of you cross this line with Nick repeatedly and with the appearance of malice.

For the record the Thanks I gave Ryan's post was accidental and I can't undo it. Personally, seeing this trend, I need to take a step back and evaluate my involvement.

I'm not going to rehash things at all because it'll only escalate the situation more. The fact that we managed to make somebody we call a friend feel that/this badly is reason enough to never drag the topic through the mud any more than we did on Friday or now.

That being said, if you feel that way about me, that's fine. I'm out too.

• Moderators
WTF.

This is no longer funny.

I don't know how to fix this but I am pretty sure that talking shit on a public forum is doing way more harm than good.

^This.

I just stumbled on this thread for the first time--honestly, it's some of the most ridiculous crap i've ever seen posted on this forum. You guys are having an all out argument about life choices and about something that's clearly a huge part (or at least WAS a huge part) of you lives, and even though you're apparently close enough to hash it out over a beer, you're arguing about it here. Yikes.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I know it's going to be awhile until the next race so you will all be jonesing to work on something soon. Anyone interested in an Exploder work day weekend of Oct 13? Have a transmission case leak so need to replace the gaskets, seals and flush. I'll buy beer and pizza or non taco bell food? Please? :D
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 2 years later...

Archived