LegacyGT.com

New Rotas and rubber

Kaptan

I mounted my new Tarmac II's in full royal gunmetal last week and finally had a chance to wash the car today. Tires are Falken Ziex 512's 225-40-18. It was an overcast day and the polished face of the rims do not show up as well in the pictures as they do in person. I know most will comment that I need tint and a drop - I will be getting the car tinted soon and I'm not sure if I want to lower it.

Otherwise, what do you guys think?

Legacy02.jpg.8a641a1ac93b15e112fd4f34c034cc6d.jpg

Legacy03.jpg.8b8f20fa98aab404b47dbac661e432b6.jpg

Legacy04.jpg.96898189ff7dd3ab5db3000f914fadfe.jpg

Legacy06.jpg.b9cba8eed1b8e8923c08e7c4490d0afa.jpg

Legacy07.jpg.d69db2ea4b4dca2613455bd2d386be73.jpg

Legacy08.jpg.b0ba082f6345c4915c2d8347cc3ac247.jpg

Legacy09.jpg.ec1b5b4781e3f030f7cba1ae3dfff11b.jpg

I am still bringing up the pic of the wagon with the cardboard body kit and tinfoil 20's.

If you really have a pic of a kitted out leggy with Tarmac II's, I would love to see that as well.

But the cardboard wagon pic is my new screen saver! :lol:

Hmmmm.....from the pics, I am not sure I like them personally. I actually thought about ordering that exact same set......the lighter face vs. the darker background makes the wheels look like they have super thin spokes. I like the 'smooth' look of the Tarmac II design. For me, the solid gunmetal would be best, but I would have to see yours in person to decide for sure.

That said, if you like how they look on your car, that's all that matters. Everybody has that idea in their head of what looks 'right' to them. :D Congrats on the new shoes!

Hmmmm.....from the pics, I am not sure I like them personally. I actually thought about ordering that exact same set......the lighter face vs. the darker background makes the wheels look like they have super thin spokes. I like the 'smooth' look of the Tarmac II design. For me, the solid gunmetal would be best, but I would have to see yours in person to decide for sure.

That said, if you like how they look on your car, that's all that matters. Everybody has that idea in their head of what looks 'right' to them. :D Congrats on the new shoes!

Actually, the reason I choose this color was because of the light face and darker backround that makes them look super thin and I really like the polished edges. I will say they do look very different depending upon the lighting.

That's a good look, Kap. Sporty, yet elegant. Less filling, tastes great. Lol. Tint will most definately set your car off. How do you like the Falkens as far as ride quality is concerned?

Less filling, tase great:lol: :lol: Good analogy. As far as the Falkens, I would highly reccomend them. These are 18's and the ride quality is an improvement over the 17" stock RE92's. I am more than happy with these tires especially in the rain.

I'm not really sold on the idea of lowering it. My last car I installed Eibach pro kit springs and was not very happy with the ride quality at all and the front wheel gap is not too bad with the 18's.

I'm not really sold on the idea of lowering it. My last car I installed Eibach pro kit springs and was not very happy with the ride quality at all and the front wheel gap is not too bad with the 18's.

Same here. I sold my econobox for a nice less harsh daily drive. I think the LGT with 18's doesn't need lowering.

Archived