LegacyGT.com

My CarPC Thread..

timmahh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a kill switch in my glovebox.

you dont need to have it up front and center, BUT as you said, pulling over to reboot (or running off the road TRYING to reboot) is a bit of a pain.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

And a button to interrupt power to the screen. Mine comes up off-center or backward every once in a while. Irritating.

Which monitor? My EBY-701 has come up everytime thus far w/o issues.. but that's also something that would suck if it messed up mid-driving!

I had a kill switch in my glovebox.

you dont need to have it up front and center, BUT as you said, pulling over to reboot (or running off the road TRYING to reboot) is a bit of a pain.

yep. my kill switch is in the fuse box thingie. my reset button (that doesn't work anymore :confused:) is next to the shifter. underneath the panel. it's annoying that I have to pop it up every time I need to reboot, but the wires were short and i didn't want to extend them :lol:

i've never had any problems with my monitor either.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Which monitor? My EBY-701 has come up everytime thus far w/o issues.. but that's also something that would suck if it messed up mid-driving!

Xenarc, model 705 TSV if I remember correctly. (I'm not sure I remember correctly.) It's powered from the cigarette lighter.

Mostly it comes up just fine. Sometimes it comes up with the image shifted an inch or two to the right (couple times a week). Once or twice it's been shifted left instead. Sometimes it's upside-down, sometimes backward - used to happen at least once a week, but hasn't happened in months now.

In every instance I've been able to fix it with the remote, though working with an inverted on-screen menu is always awkward... It never changes modes while driving, the problem only happens when starting the car.

I don't know if it's the monitor or the video "card" (I'm using an HP 530 laptop). At some point I will switch to a transflective screen, and if I still have the same problem, I guess I'll know the problem is the laptop.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not but the leptronix has been purchased, along with some items needed for my project below the screen.

I'm happy with the screen fitment, somehow I mounted it at a slight angle so when you're looking at the task bar it drops a little lower on the right, but in Centrafuse I can't notice it and I feel like the longer I mess with fitment the more likely I am to break something.. so it's fine, damnit! ;)

I still need a good mic solution.. The $300 andrea superbeam just looks too damned big and is going to cost $$$$ ! They have a cheaper version but it's pretty much ugly as hell and I don't think I could stand looking at it :(

The only thing I really need is time now.. and I seem to be lacking it lately as my Wednesday Thursday and Friday nights are all taken, but.. Saturday i'll be home alone all day... Maybe a good time to watch some por... errr... work on the CarPC. :)

I have A LOT of soldering ahead of me!

:lol: thats just bizarre! But if the onboard menu is upside down.. it shouldn't be the computer right?

My guess is that the problems stem from a disagreement between the laptop and the monitor about what frequencies are appropriate for the resolution and refresh rate that I'm running (I've tried tweaking the refresh rate but it hasn't solved the problem). Or, again, its got something to do with synchronizing while power fluctuates when I start the car.

I guess I should try fudging the frequencies with PowerStrip and see if that helps any. Or try power-cycling the screen when it comes up crooked (currently no way to do that without stopping the motor), and if that helps, find a way to delay power-up for the screen by a few seconds.

exactly.

let me see if I have a pic for you.

yes I do.

This is actually trying to show you the info center wire harness, but it works for what you'er asking as welll.

100_1333.thumb.jpg.7381758bd343d86693228764dbc29b93.jpg

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

This looks like this might be my next project, once I finish the new FMIC I'm making . Has anyone tried Rom Raider to see if it works with win7?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

isn't win7 a bit more overhead than is necessary for a carputer?

I mean it shouldn't be a problem but..

7 is less resource intensive than Vista, or it seems that way to me anyways.. I didn't want go the XP route.. Would hate to be browsing the web and get FREE ANTIVIRUS 2009 YOU MUST GET IT NOWWWWWW VIRUS!! or something stupid :)

Well I make have broken something last night.. i'm a little sad, I won't know until I get some smaller wire today and try wiring it up to see if it powers on :(

so stop googling for "nekkid wemmen" on your carputer and you wont get those.

:lol:

well yea.. I wouldn't run vista on anything.

if you DONT break something doing this, you're ahead of the curve.

I gave up on this project because of the expenses of constantly repairing broken things.

mainly screens.. trying to do my oem-look navi kit.

I may... no.. NO!!:nono: I 'm not doing this project again!

isn't win7 a bit more overhead than is necessary for a carputer?

I mean it shouldn't be a problem but..

I have 3 copies of win7 sitting here and thought why not. I have been running win7 since beta and it's great.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I have 3 copies of win7 sitting here and thought why not. I have been running win7 since beta and it's great.

I ran the RC on my work PC and home computer, got the full version @ work [free hp upgrade] and I bought the Win 7 Home Premium 3 pack for $149 which is a killer deal.. One is on the CarPC, one is for my desktop and the third is for either the other desktop or the laptop not sure yet..

so stop googling for "nekkid wemmen" on your carputer and you wont get those.

:lol:

well yea.. I wouldn't run vista on anything.

if you DONT break something doing this, you're ahead of the curve.

I gave up on this project because of the expenses of constantly repairing broken things.

mainly screens.. trying to do my oem-look navi kit.

I may... no.. NO!!:nono: I 'm not doing this project again!

Do you have a source for replacement trip computers? =-p

www.subaruparts.com

I dont have the part # in front of me tho.

They're under $100 iirc.

yea, itsme, I have win7 on my work laptop and home machine and I absolutely love it. It blows vista away.. its super fast too on these machines, but it needs at least 2 gb of ram to be comfortable it seems.

Archived