LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy without sunroof?

Not trying to be an ass here but, I'm a bit confused by what you bought the car for. A race car or a good winter car?

hmmm ....

first, a race car:

Really? Than I guess all race cars are silly to you... Non of them have sunroof ever. ....

then, a good winter car:

... With some little improvements here and there - it's a perfect winter car.

now, it's a good family sedan (& a real "looker" :lol: ) ... & it's definitely not another race car, despite comparisons to the ilk. :lol:

It's a nice looking car and interior. What's wrong with going with a nice looking family sedan? Sunroof doesn't add one bit to nice-lookiness. ....

I don't need second race-car. I need a family sedan that can perform as good as it can while remaning family sedan.

so, your only goal is for the car to handle better? have you already made suspension upgrades? - even w/ the sunroof delete, the stock suspension leaves the car top-heavy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^He's not hateing on him.....dtmenace is merely attemting to focus in on WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM !?!?!?!........... .....ahem.......excuse my outburst......so very unlike a Brooklyn-born soul. :)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Not trying to be an ass here but, I'm a bit confused by what you bought the car for. A race car or a good winter car?

Winter beater/family car! I don't get it why people think that if it's a beater/family car, i should tolerate bad handling.

I had a 350Z for 6 years before, but it was difficult to drive in the winter. Even on winter Blizzaks, I was spinning on highway at least once a season. Miraculously, never hit anything. But it's not a good feeling (although I like adrenaline rush). And than I got a kid, and decided that I have to be responsible (and alive) now. So I decided to get a best 4WD sedan for the winter and a Boxter S for the summer.

That's why I'm not willing to do major things (spend $$$) to improve Suby or make it super fast. Just cheap fast tricks to improve handling.

My other family car if FX35, and that SUV handles better that most of sedans I drove...

^^He's not hateing on him.....dtmenace is merely attemting to focus in on WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM !?!?!?!........... .....ahem.......excuse my outburst......so very unlike a Brooklyn-born soul. :)

What problem? I wasn't sure there is a problem. I started a thread to ask a few practical questions. Not to ask anybody's permition to modify my car. And I defenetely don't feel the need to justify and explain myself, as in I-have-doubts.

And I didn't steel his wife! :lol:

Now it's a winter beater? Either you are or your car is having some kind of identity crisis.

How did you come to such conclusion? I never before stated anything to the opposite. I previously said I bought GTB becuase of 4 seats and best 4WD available. That doesn't contradict anything.

How did you come to such conclusion? I never before stated anything to the opposite. I previously said I bought GTB becuase of 4 seats and best 4WD available. That doesn't contradict anything.

it seats 5 technically :lol::lol:

re-subscribed for 1 post....

idk man, a sunroof plug wasnt gonna be the most popular upgrade, but i think it would have been cool to see some pics of a CF plug and headliner swap by page 7 of the thread- possibily sprinkling it with some craftsmanship, creativity and origionality. instead all we have is like 30 ppl hating, vlad defending himself and no pictures or real updates. gotta go, i think i just burnt my omelete.

re-UN-subscribed

Yeah, I don't think I gonna get any more good ideas out of this thread. I said I'm researching, not actually doing it yet. This project is way down the line as I'm working on some other stuff right now. One of which is covering a instrument hood in blue alcantara... to finish what I started here : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122649

if you're that concerned why not just pull out the motors and replace the glass with lexan or plexiglass...at least it won't look as bad as a cf plug

and while you're at it, sand all the paint off your car...should save about 30lbs. :)

You really think that after few Michigan winters plexiglass will look better than CF??? :rolleyes:

Archived