LegacyGT.com

10 dollar 10 minute gauge mod

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else have a really hard time changing the hvac bulbs?? I got them in, but i guess they're not all the way in since they dont light up when i turn on my lights. Does anyone have any tricks on how to get those bulbs in that VERY little space??

Also, is it possible to change the color of the turn signals??

as long as the leads are toucher where they should be, they should light up. unless you have polarity reversed. that seems to be a big problem with leds not working

if leds dont light up.....take them out. turn them 180* and reinstall. this should solve your problem.

yep. all you gotta do once you have the cluster off is sand off the green film on the arrows from the inside(similar to the film on the tach and speedo, but thicker) and then put whatever color led you want in there. but i dont know what size the warning/signal lights are. i think theyre all #74's but dont quote me on that

eh you can if you want. it gives a little bit better light, but if youre not carfull taking the gauge out of the cluster, you could mess it up. so its really your choice. i did blue in mine, didnt sand anything and it turned out fine

try fliping them. but for the turn signals. youre most likely gonna have to sand. cause ive looked at that film on there and its pretty thick. but i guess you could order the leds and put them in and if its not blue....sand away, lol.

Did anyone else have a really hard time changing the hvac bulbs?? I got them in, but i guess they're not all the way in since they dont light up when i turn on my lights. Does anyone have any tricks on how to get those bulbs in that VERY little space??

Also, is it possible to change the color of the turn signals??

Your best bet is some needle nose pliers and push them in with your finger once they're half way in

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone. I have an 03 Legacy and am looking for the same results as you guys. I have installed the WLED x4 White LEDS and am not satisfied with the overall brightness. So i ordered four of the High Power 360 SMD 5x LED's and they are not working in my cluster. Is it something to do with DC and AC? I noticed my WLED 4x White's are AC while the SMD ones are DC. Any help would be appreciated.

do all of the lights need to be the installed correctly for all of them to work or would putting in 1 incorrectly and 3 correctly result in those 3 working? I tried installing all during the day and it didnt look like any of them were on (then again I could just be that unlucky) so I just put the old WLED's back in. i'll try again tomorrow

I was able to do the work closer to nighttime and switched them if they didn't light up. Worked! Thanks for the info. They are considered white but still have a slight green tint to them due to the film I'm guessing. For the entire Speed/Tach/Gas/Temp green film is it something I have to sand off or something I can just remove in one piece?

Archived