LegacyGT.com

10 dollar 10 minute gauge mod

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.... No pictures in that post either. The one I'm referencing is from the first page... You have BEFORE: and AFTER: and both are blank.

finnaly got my hvac done too. if anyone is wondering on superbrightleds.com the bulbs i used were the 3mm twist lock high powered leds. have a look

BEFORE:

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=2451

AFTER:

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=2452

It really doesn't matter. I chose to do it a little differently than you did, and I'm giving my feed back on the way I did it. I don't know why you're getting all over my case about it. You did it one way I did it another which happened to be the cheaper route. I'm not the only one on a tight budget so I think it would be beneficial for people to know how a different set up turned out. Mine works, is it optimally what I want, no. Can I get it where I want it? I don't know, but mine is good enough I'm going to leave it alone.

sucks you had the same problem as me. i was hoping i made the mistakes for everyone else. haha. i emailed the dude and he said to get the high powered ones for the outside (154 i think... its been a few months) to match the inside bulbs, but i got tired of pulling the dash apart and figured i had more important things to spend 40 bucks on. once i getthe high powered ones for the gauge then i'll put up a shot of it all together. no saying what that is but oh well.

Another thing I should mention for people looking to change color in their push switches. The LEDs I got were just a hair too big for the holes. There are two options to fix this: File down the diameter of the base; or just shove the LED in the hole, but if you go this route you have to disassemble the switch to be able to push the LED back out to change the LED or switch the polarity. I just shoved the thing in since the switch is easy to get apart.

wait both those pics are blank??? i can see them, can anyone else see them or are they blank for everyone???

I try viewing the page in IE and FireFox and don't get any pictures with either program so I doubt it's just me. Anyone else want to pipe up?

You could try reposting them...I would like to see them.

Another thing I should mention for people looking to change color in their push switches. The LEDs I got were just a hair too big for the holes. There are two options to fix this: File down the diameter of the base; or just shove the LED in the hole, but if you go this route you have to disassemble the switch to be able to push the LED back out to change the LED or switch the polarity. I just shoved the thing in since the switch is easy to get apart.

i forgot how much of a pain in the ass that was. too me a solid 4 hours to get both bulbs to fire in each switch. :spin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived