LegacyGT.com

If you were buying a car to replace your 05 LGT...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/09/19/16/26/pic-16699.jpeg

Once the leggy is paid off and im ready to up to the next step in classy..this is on top of my list C63 AMG.

Nice ride, but at $60k that is one giant-sized step. But if your stride is that long, more power to you - literally.

Nice ride, but at $60k that is one giant-sized step. But if your stride is that long, more power to you - literally.

60k? Maybe used... New price this thing's base price is closer to 80k

But it is an extremely nice car :) Wish I could afford it, actually looked into it and was saddened by the lack of funds

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

If like me you want a sporty sedan with AWD and a manual transmission you still have

to consider the Subaru legacy don't you? Bet there are still some '09's on dealer lots

if you are not fond of the newer version.

I may not like the high beltline or the subtle-as-a-sledgehammer wheel arches, but the torque curve on EFI's stage 1 tunes is awfully impressive. She may be a butterface to some, but you gotta give the 5th gen Legacy a ride.

Really, MY2013 starts mandatory black boxes? Ouch..

That was one reason I was avoiding GM..

Guess I'll have to grab a late MY 2012 or something..

I'll see how the whole thing plays out, but after that, maybe older cars only. Of course, it's easier here in CA. If we move back to Canada (for the cheaper health care, closer to my family, etc), it'll be tough..

Just about all manufacturers have had the so-called "black boxes" for years now. Your car likely has one now. The only one that worries me is GM and the OnStar setup. Several years ago right after I sold my Jimmy and bought a fullsize Chevy pickup I was talking with someone on a forum like this for the trucks who is an engineer at GM about OnStar and how it could remotely unlock doors (as that was about all they did back then) and looking at wiring diagrams I thought to myself "damn, with the right software, they could do ANYTHING to an OS-equipped car, even kill the engine. Look what they're advertising now. I won't have any of that but the standard black box they have now is fairly harmless. If you're worried, take a hammer to the airbag controller after an accident.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Just about all manufacturers have had the so-called "black boxes" for years now. Your car likely has one now. The only one that worries me is GM and the OnStar setup. Several years ago right after I sold my Jimmy and bought a fullsize Chevy pickup I was talking with someone on a forum like this for the trucks who is an engineer at GM about OnStar and how it could remotely unlock doors (as that was about all they did back then) and looking at wiring diagrams I thought to myself "damn, with the right software, they could do ANYTHING to an OS-equipped car, even kill the engine. Look what they're advertising now. I won't have any of that but the standard black box they have now is fairly harmless. If you're worried, take a hammer to the airbag controller after an accident.

Correct, the only black boxes that scare me are ones linked with on-star and simular systems. They can now infact locate you, shut your car down, lock or unlock your doors.

Just about all manufacturers have had the so-called "black boxes" for years now. Your car likely has one now. The only one that worries me is GM and the OnStar setup.

AFAIK, most of them currently have 5-seconds worth of data or something. Sure, it might incriminate me in an accident, but it's not going to report that I've exceeded the speed limit n times over the last year, etc...

AFAIK, most of them currently have 5-seconds worth of data or something. Sure, it might incriminate me in an accident, but it's not going to report that I've exceeded the speed limit n times over the last year, etc...

Yes as said before the odler black boxes were a great idea. Alot of the new black boxes can record and save alot more info than 5 seconds. How did nissan know how many times and how often the GTR drivers had there VDC off for? Think aobut it, there isnt a law to my knowledge that tells them they can only record info for 5 seconds, so why not have it saved for a much longer period to protect against warrenty claims.

Well now that GM is now Government Motors you can bet your ass the info recorders will report for longer, and if you happen to be a person of interest I'm sure they will use the vehicle to track your every move.

Archived