LegacyGT.com

That time of year again!

When do you guys mount your snow wheels on?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. When do you guys mount your snow wheels on?

• End of October
    • Early November
    • The day after Thanksgiving when the wife is out shopping.
    • When it first snows
    • New Years
    • Who cares, I use my all-seasons!

I usually wait until the first snow also. I've noticed the Dunlops I have on there don't sacrifice too much when it's even as low as 35. Once I know snow is coming, I get the snows on. The past two years it's been before Thanksgiving.

Just did it today for a couple of reasons. The summer tires on my car have about 35% tread left on them and we are expecting rain all week. We've also been hitting sub freezing at night with rain and Northern WI has been getting snow already. Our time is comming soon.

I'm also trying to sell the rims my summer tires were on and need the cash.

Otherwise I would typically do it mid November.

Ill be putting mine on in a week or two. I have a longish trip next week, and I dont want to put a bunch of high speed miles on my snow tires...lol. We had a couple inches of snow last week, but it left in a day. Its been high 40's during the day, low 30's at night for a week or so, so it's time as far as I'm concerned.

who needs snow tires in a subaru? :D i used to live in Mass before i joined the military, this is when my ex got me addicted to the legacy, she drove a 94ish or somthing, and i drove a tiburon, well it snowed out, probally a good 4-5 feet, and the snow was over the hood, couldnt move the tiburon, but the subaru didnt seem to notice or didnt care that it snowed, i couldnt get that thing stuck if i tried (and i did try, never worked)

I'll be putting my 16" on in couple months. In '06, I bought GT wheels and tires from a member and use them during the good weather months. Still running the crappy RE92 that came with my wheels. Don't have money to buy better tires. :mad:

Usually early to mid November but it depends on the weather. I try to get them on the LGT early because my wife has a long commute but I remember one year putting my winter wheels on my Impreza in my driveway, during a snowstorm, in the dark.:spin: I wouldn't have bothered until the next morning but I was going skiing, damnit.:lol:

Edit: BTW what are all seasons? IMO there's no such thing:lol:

I check the weather and when it seems to be consistently cold the tires go on. It's low 40s here today, but by the end of the week it'll be 70. I don't want the heat eating up the snow tires.

Thats the same problem I have here. Winter comes on so randomly that you will either be caught in a blizzard with summer tires on, or it'll be 70 and you're shredding your snow tires....:rolleyes:

Archived