LegacyGT.com

Cobb Intake Box

BagheeraLGT

Will any other intake heatsheild or cold air box fit with my Cobb SF intake? Id like to pick up something of this nature, but as many of you know, cobb stopped producing the box to go with the intake.:spin: I doubt the SPT, Typhoon, AEM or any other sheild/box setups will work but am curious for other opinions.:confused: Anyone wanna sell their cobb box?:confused:

Free Bump : NHL starts on **Thursday**:eek:

yes I was thinking along the same lines. Of course, I would prefer a direct fit, but always am willing to finagle to make proper fitament. I was also thinking that I could just continue to use the factory air scoop, as it would serve as a 'cold air feeder' by grabbing air right from the nose of the car and *hopefully* dump it right into the cobb filter. I have seen a pic of this setup so am under the impression that it would fit...

ill definately check the site out. Thanks for the post, billfan. and enjoy T.O., my friend....

haha, idk Ms Park is pretty busy with other clients till the end of this fiscal yr, but id be happy to hook you up with a look-alike.

:)It's first come first serve. I found the site, they had the Cobb SF Intake Air Box in stock. I ordered it, they shipped it and I'm doing the install today. So, if you want it you better act fast as I don't know how many they have left in stock. I paid $125.00 plus shipping cost........Good luck......Jim

www.turbowholesale.com/home.php

hey guys bad news. I got a call from TurboWHolesale today, and they said that the item (cobb intake box) was discontinued. I replied with, 'no shit but I assumed that you had some in stock as it was adverised on your website.' Well they dont. Stock is out and they, like everyone else, cant order more. So they are refunding my credit card, no questions asked.... and unfortunately couldnt point me in the direction of any others.

Im gonna continue to look for a used one, but I also thought that if someone who has the Cobb Box could post the specs (dimensions) for theirs and a couple pictures, it might be a fun little project to try and make one out of some material. I believe that Cobb used aluminum and dont imagine that it would be too hard or expensive to try> I could pick up some material....use my uncles welder, and see how it would work out. Prolly not too good, but it would be a fun little weekend project.... so if you have the box PLEASE, post specs/dimesnsions and a couple pics of yours installed to highlight mounting points and whatnot. Thanks

^not in stock there either. alot of these sites have just neglected to take down a product which has been discontinued and is no longer in stock. keep posting links, and ill keep trying, but i fear that we are just driving our subies without Cobb SF Air Boxes down a road of false hope and hot air...

Archived