LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• I Donated
Weekends are usually fine, just not that particular one (or a couple others in August, for that matter... it's a busy month). As I said, I'm just the new guy... I'm sure you want to get together with friends who haven't been able to make it for a while. ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
I'm actually not being sarcastic. Sorry, the internet fails at conveying tone of voice. I think it's legit to want to see old friends, and honestly you've met me once. No worries about it, I'll just come to the next one (assuming it's not the first week of September, since I'll be in Boston visiting my girl that week).

I'm actually not being sarcastic. Sorry, the internet fails at conveying tone of voice. I think it's legit to want to see old friends, and honestly you've met me once. No worries about it, I'll just come to the next one (assuming it's not the first week of September, since I'll be in Boston visiting my girl that week).

Also does your girl look like Amy Smart?

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/roadtrip.jpg

or that girl who played his GF in that movie? HOT REDHEADS MMMMM

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/road_trip/rachel_blanchard/roadtrip.jpg

I can't do Saturdays, unfortunately. But if you want a big lot for PHO, I'd recommend the one in Ritchie Plaza, next to the Korean place. Pho 95 or whatever it is called. They have plenty of other dishes aside from the beef noodle soup (Pho).

The plaza is located off of 355, across the street from the old Ford dealership and Mr. Tire.

• I Donated
you are just a busy mutha fawker arent you?

:lol: Pretty much. 40 hour a week job (at least I didn't go into IT consulting -- that would be a lot more), cousin's wedding on the 7th in Gainesville, VA, reception for same cousin plus his younger sister who got married in early July in Auburn, NY from the 21st-23rd, girlfriend may be coming down from Boston from Aug. 29 through Sept. 3, then we'll be flying up to Boston together the evening of the 3rd and I'll stay until the 7th. And somewhere in there I need to do the clutch/replace the trans on my G20 and get the damn thing sold, and do my 90k service on the LGT.

Plus, I work at a school and school starts on Sept. 1, so all the faculty will be coming back at the end of August and telling us all the problems they've had with their laptops over the summer and will want them fixed, and we're deploying 35 new desktops and 100 new netbooks to various locations between next Monday and Sept. 1, and then our Windows 7 migration starts in October. And I'll be co-teaching a class (and it's my first time teaching a real class, so that should be interesting).

Now that you know all about my life... :p

LOL... where in Bmore aer you located.

There are plenty of compitent shops in the area. I personally prefer eitehr AGILE AUTOMOTIVE(in fallston MD) or DPS TUNING in Gaithersburg.

But you also have IAG/MachV/Andrewtech and a few other locally. ANd most could manage your G20 clutch as well as your 90 service.

• I Donated
Also does your girl look like Amy Smart?

or that girl who played his GF in that movie? HOT REDHEADS MMMMM

I agree on the hot redheads thing. Don't tell her though. :lol: Also, I'm happy with her, so I might look at the cute redheads, but I won't touch. She's blond, but that's about as close as she gets to Amy Smart.

LOL... where in Bmore aer you located.

There are plenty of compitent shops in the area. I personally prefer eitehr AGILE AUTOMOTIVE(in fallston MD) or DPS TUNING in Gaithersburg.

But you also have IAG/MachV/Andrewtech and a few other locally. ANd most could manage your G20 clutch as well as your 90 service.

I'm planning on doing everything myself, because I'm a cheap/broke bastard. Plus, I've done like 4 clutch jobs on my G20 (well, two on my G20, one on my brother's, and a flywheel install on mine) and one trans swap already, so I can do that. And a 90k service isn't hard, besides inspection of the timing belt (well, it's probably not hard, but my G20 has a timing chain, so I've never done it). I haven't gone to a shop for anything besides getting my exhaust welded up in over three years and I don't intend to start now!

I'm located in the Towson area, BTW. ZIP code 21204, off the Ruxton Rd. exit from I-83.

Edited by thefultonhow

I agree on the hot redheads thing. Don't tell her though. :lol: Also, I'm happy with her, so I might look at the cute redheads, but I won't touch. She's blond, but that's about as close as she gets to Amy Smart.

I'm planning on doing everything myself, because I'm a cheap/broke bastard. Plus, I've done like 4 clutch jobs on my G20 (well, two on my G20, one on my brother's, and a flywheel install on mine) and one trans swap already, so I can do that. And a 90k service isn't hard, besides inspection of the timing belt (well, it's probably not hard, but my G20 has a timing chain, so I've never done it). I haven't gone to a shop for anything besides getting my exhaust welded up in over three years and I don't intend to start now!

I'm located in the Towson area, BTW. ZIP code 21204, off the Ruxton Rd. exit from I-83.

You're in my area.. I'm located in Hunt Valley!

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

• I Donated
Hahahaha. Back when I had my 1990 Legacy wagon (98whp of pure EJ22 fury!) and was in Salt Lake City, I went to a NASIOC canyon run. It was cool. But that was four years ago... maybe I've matured and NASIOC has stayed the same?

:lol: It probably is true that the LGT crowd is more mature than the WRX crowd, but they can't all be bad, right?

Not all are bad. Just a good number of them are.

It is a 50/50 chance to get the right WRX owner who is mature and knows what they are talking about, versus some kid spending daddy's money.

When I had my STI, I used to hop on the Cobb Tuning forums (when they were Subaru exclusive) and met some great people there. Now, since they included more cars, including Evos, the crowd has turned quite bad. Plus with more and more WRX's and STI's entering the used car market at dirt cheap prices, the crowd is getting much worse on Cobb Tuning's site.

The IWSTI sight is still very good for WRX and STI discussions. They have a very low tolerance for some of the behavior that is tolerated on NASOIC's site.