LegacyGT.com

Are Tein H.techs really a good substitute for Eibachs?

Hanslo

Originally posted by Joon525:

Just warning you guys who are looking to purchase the H-techs.

I had them on stock shocks at about 25-30,000 miles and they were fine with the stock rear sway bar.

I got the Progress rear sway bar and it started hitting the rear lower control arm on larger bumps. I had to cut off a tiny piece of the sway bar to clear the lower control arm. If the H-techs were a little stiffer this probably or Progress slightly changed the shape of their bar this would've been avoided.

Just letting you guys know.

There's always something else to consider isn't there. I'm in the process of purchasing some Eibach pro springs from another member. I plan to use these with stock shocks/struts. I currently have Cobb f/r anti-sway bars. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself what is going to happen. I'll let you know.

Hanslo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be receiving my Eibachs any day now but, unfortunately, I won't be installing them until Thanksgiving holiday weekend. My Dad, brother and I are going to have a car fun day during the holiday weekend. The anticipation is going to be killer. I'm going to keep this thread updated with my progress and impressions.

Hanslo

There's always something else to consider isn't there. I'm in the process of purchasing some Eibach pro springs from another member. I plan to use these with stock shocks/struts. I currently have Cobb f/r anti-sway bars. I guess I'll just have to find out for myself what is going to happen. I'll let you know.

Hanslo

Ive got H Techs im going to install with KYB struts and Perrin 22mm F&R sways. No shims... ill let you all know the clearance issues if any, which im not anticipating, but you never know. Should be done this weekend..... if not hopefully next weekend.

Congrats on the Ebiachs Hanslo. good thread too

Ive got H Techs im going to install with KYB struts and Perrin 22mm F&R sways. No shims... ill let you all know the clearance issues if any, which im not anticipating, but you never know. Should be done this weekend..... if not hopefully next weekend.

Congrats on the Ebiachs Hanslo. good thread too

Glad to hear you found some!

I'll make it harder for you and report back after I get mine installed on Sunday. :p;)

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out for some updates.

Hanslo

I saw the sun today and decided to give a shock swap a try in the street as I don't have a garage to play in. Luckily I had the guy who did my oil change break the two rear shock bolts free (factory 141ft-lbs!!!) and they all came off easy.

Before:

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww195/papp101/Legacy/BeforeSprings.jpg

After: (Should have straightened that tire.)

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww195/papp101/Legacy/AfterSprings.jpg

These are used Tein H-Techs on Stock Struts/shocks using 3/8" rubber bushings on the stock rears to level the rake. Swap took me about 2.75 hours with 2 jacks, 2 sets of sockets and a tire iron.

I think the handling is greatly increased. It needs an alignment but has for months so I'll get that today or tomorrow. There could be a little bit more dampening if you ask me, which is to be expected with aftermarket springs on stockers. Maybe someday some koni's, or I might LIFT the car with some used outback struts and bigger snow tires. Who knows!

Posted by papp101:

These are used Tein H-Techs on Stock Struts/shocks using 3/8" rubber bushings on the stock rears to level the rake.

Nicely done. To me, that looks like the right amount of lowering and nicely leveled too. Thanks for the before and after pics.

Hanslo

Originally posted by Hanslo:

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out for some updates.

Hanslo

Hey goneskiian, BagheeralLGT any installs done over the weekend?

This is turning out to be quite a Fall season for mods for me. This coming Thanksgiving holiday I'll get my Eibachs installed as well as my downpipe swapped and a stage2 flash. On top of this I have had a new development. My clutch is going. I have an appointment on Oct29 to have my clutch replaced with an ACT-HDMM clutch and '06wrx/'07+lgt OEM flywheel. I HAVE to STOP after this.

Hanslo

Hey goneskiian, BagheeralLGT any installs done over the weekend?

This is turning out to be quite a Fall season for mods for me. This coming Thanksgiving holiday I'll get my Eibachs installed as well as my downpipe swapped and a stage2 flash. On top of this I have had a new development. My clutch is going. I have an appointment on Oct29 to have my clutch replaced with an ACT-HDMM clutch and '06wrx/'07+lgt OEM flywheel. I HAVE to STOP after this.

Hanslo

Yes I did get them installed. Sorry, I lost track of all the threads I needed to update! :lol: :lol:

Short report and pics on page 5 of THIS thread.

My report so far...

This combo is fantastic! Squat, dive and corner roll is almost completely gone yet the ride is quite supple (more on this below). My only other suspension mods are a JDM rear sway bar and the AVO offset LCA bushings.

As you can see the Eibach's didn't drop the rear much at all (I used a 1/4" saggy butt shim from paranoid fabrications). The front came down the full inch and the fender gap is a great match front to rear.

I had originally set the struts at one full turn from full soft (adjustment is about 2 1/8 turns from full soft to full firm) and planned to run them like that until I got an alignment (that I've yet to make an appointment for). It was a bit on the stiff side but totally livable. I got antsy though so today I decided to back them out to full soft and WOW! So far it feels great! Great supple ride but still stays flat in the corners and no squat/dive. I can get it to roll a bit in quick corner to corner transitions but for everyday driving I'll gladly trade a little performance.

So far, I'm totally thrilled with this setup. I'll explore the Koni adjustments further after I get an alignment. I could definitely tell the difference between the full soft setting I'm at now and one full turn firmer.

Cheers!

Originally posted by goneskiian:

Yes I did get them installed. Sorry, I lost track of all the threads I needed to update! :lol: :lol:

I know the feeling. Turns out I did see your post on the other thread yesterday then came over here today and asked if you installed them yet. Oops.

So far, I'm totally thrilled with this setup...

I'm really glad. Looks great. I'm guessing that my stock struts will feel more like your konis on their softer settings than on their firmer settings.

Hanslo

I'm guessing that my stock struts will feel more like your konis on their softer settings than on their firmer settings.

Hanslo

I hope so. I feels really good. Definitely start saving up for some Koni's though. My only complaint so far is access to the rear strut tops is a real pain but if you've got a sedan I believe it's much easier. As hard as that is to believe! :lol::D;)

I think you'll really enjoy these springs when you get them on.

I'm sure you've mentioned it somewhere but what other suspension mods do you have?

Cheers!

Mine are not installed yet, although they should be. Ive been eating alot of bulls**t which is being fed to me by my bodyshop, and still have yet to get my car back which they have had since the beginning of august. I tried to save a few hundred dollars by buying a few parts from other GT guys, and its like my car becomes the last priority on their radar. But, if they stick to their word this time, ill have my car back this week (thurs or fri) and hopefully can get in touch with a gt.com guy who offeered to help with the install and knock that out this weekend. Ill keep yall in the loop

Originally posted by goneskiian:

I'm sure you've mentioned it somewhere but what other suspension mods do you have?

The only suspension mod I have right now is Cobb f/r anti-sway bars. All else is stock including rims and even tires. I'll be getting some continental contiextreme contacts before I drive down to my father's house in NC this Thanksgiving.

Hanslo

Mine are not installed yet, although they should be. Ive been eating alot of bulls**t which is being fed to me by my bodyshop, and still have yet to get my car back which they have had since the beginning of august :eek:. I tried to save a few hundred dollars by buying a few parts from other GT guys, and its like my car becomes the last priority on their radar. But, if they stick to their word this time, ill have my car back this week (thurs or fri) and hopefully can get in touch with a gt.com guy who offeered to help with the install and knock that out this weekend. Ill keep yall in the loop

Since the beginning of August? I hope this is for more than just springs and shocks.

Hanslo

no he got into an accident so appaerntly there was body damage. from he told me is that they are claiming they cant get the alignment right because of old shocks so they have been messing around with that. when he gets his car back im helping him with the install of springs, struts, and sways.

Hey guys, I keep forgetting to ask. Have any of you trimmed the bump stops on stock struts? I have seen the walkthrough for trimming bump stops on blisteins but I would love to know if anyone who is still riding on stock LGT struts with lower springs has cut the bump stops. I plan to do this on mine if possible. Its my understanding that the rear bump stops are mounted on the car. Are the front bump stops easy to trim?

Thanks,

Hanslo

no he got into an accident so appaerntly there was body damage. from he told me is that they are claiming they cant get the alignment right because of old shocks so they have been messing around with that. when he gets his car back im helping him with the install of springs, struts, and sways.

Oh, ok. Thanks cvagnone. Good luck and best wishes BagheeraLGT.

Hanslo

Hey guys, I keep forgetting to ask. Have any of you trimmed the bump stops on stock struts? I have seen the walkthrough for trimming bump stops on blisteins but I would love to know if anyone who is still riding on stock LGT struts with lower springs has cut the bump stops. I plan to do this on mine if possible. Its my understanding that the rear bump stops are mounted on the car. Are the front bump stops easy to trim?

Thanks,

Hanslo

I wouldnt recommend it, people do it to bilsteins to soften them up. the stockers are pretty soft and can barely take a lowering spring as it is, if you trim the stock strut stop ur wheels will probably smack the inside tire well very easily, but that's just an educated guess

Archived