• 2 months later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
Not Wal~Mart but it was in my hometown, now that's a soul bearing statement there.

25071974436_4287d85805.jpg

reminds me of this classic...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efyrzAewjz8]The Fat Train Is Riding Dirty (Fat Train Parts 1 & 2) - YouTube[/ame]

as a paraplegic and one who deals with disabled issues including access i would say there is most likely more to this story. i noticed in one pic that the sidewalk has no cutout. thus it is illegal under ada laws. makes me wonder what else this lady has to deal with. but to laugh at her or to make fun of others only demeans you, no one else.

and

No, I was reading Jalopnik and recognized the Ice Cream sign in the background. Who ever took them wasn't bashful.

Here is what I could find on the net, seemed like there might of been another one or two.

24999423262_94f408c55a.jpg

24490740043_11afe256e1.jpg

24999378472_0618224138.jpg

25071974436_4287d85805.jpg

I am so proud of her to maintain her independence.

as a paraplegic and one who deals with disabled issues including access i would say there is most likely more to this story. i noticed in one pic that the sidewalk has no cutout. thus it is illegal under ada laws. makes me wonder what else this lady has to deal with. but to laugh at her or to make fun of others only demeans you, no one else.

and

I think the irony has nothing to do with the fact that she may or may not truly be disabled, it was more "obese and eating at Burger King". Could she be making better choices in her life that may assist her in being less "disabled" by her size? Yes. She's not walking to get exercise, she's obese, and she's going thru a drive thru in her motorize lazy chair at a fast food restaurant. My guess is that the majority of her disability has directly to do with her obesity. So much wrong. :lol: God Bless Merica!!!

Edited by GTEASER

A restaurant in my city just had to close it's doors because of an ada case. They had no lift to get people from the upper floor to the lower banquet hall. They were ordered to install a lift.... cost was hundreds of thousands. Family owned business, been open since 1974. Now no one gets to enjoy their food. Yay justice!

most likely there is much more to that story. there are many conditions and limits that are in play. cost limits are a big part of that. for sure i can guarantee that the business did not get ordered to put a lift in out of the blue. i suspect they did a very big upgrade and did not meet ada codes. i have not had or found any proof of a business that went out of business just because of a lawsuit. i suspect they might have been in trouble business wise already.

A restaurant in my city just had to close it's doors because of an ada case. They had no lift to get people from the upper floor to the lower banquet hall. They were ordered to install a lift.... cost was hundreds of thousands. Family owned business, been open since 1974. Now no one gets to enjoy their food. Yay justice!

again, do you all know her story ? if you put it here then expect a response. as to assuming she is just fat on and on is not what one should be laughing about.

again, i deal with disabled people and the city here making life easier for all. one of the first things i found was that first impressions were more than likely wrong. also take this as a piece of well intended advice. if you live long enough, you will be disabled.

my life went from walking to a wheelchair in a split second. yours can also.

I think the irony has nothing to do with the fact that she may or may not truly be disabled, it was more "obese and eating at Burger King". Could she be making better choices in her life that may assist her in being less "disabled" by her size? Yes. She's not walking to get exercise, she's obese, and she's going thru a drive thru in her motorize lazy chair at a fast food restaurant. My guess is that the majority of her disability has directly to do with her obesity. So much wrong. :lol: God Bless Merica!!!

• 5 weeks later...