LegacyGT.com

Is mobil 1 dangerous for my engine?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guyz r teh funnyz!i!!

btw, i used mobil 1 till my engine 'sploded and my torbo went "kablooey", but then I switched to straight weight crisco, and things are all good again.

and i can fry chicken on my intercooler w/ this setup.

Why are you guys so mean?

Can someone please answer my original question seriously?

Question, there's a real question here ???

If I were you I do what I do. I use Mobil 5000 or Shell, Pennzoil, whatever real oil is cheapest.

But, what do I know, I only have 111,177 miles on my car, original turbo been at stage 1 since 8000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Why are you guys so mean?

Can someone please answer my original question seriously?

1. Because this topic is beat to death. Its call the search button.This place will quickly become NASIOC if people don't start using the search button and reading/researching before asking.

2. Mobil 1 or any synthetic oil is fine, even in extended changing increments. Oil filters will still need to be changed in frequent increments as filters tend to not filter as well after the normal change interval(~3-5k miles).

All right, someone has to reply with some semblance of a response to the original question. :)

I have 75K+ miles on my '05 LGT. I have used Mobil 1 5W30 for more than 50K miles now, and my car uses no oil between changes. There I said it! :rolleyes:

1. Because this topic is beat to death. Its call the search button.This place will quickly become NASIOC if people don't start using the search button and reading/researching before asking.

Man, I forgot about that search function. Now I feel like an asshole. Especially because normally I hate lazy people who don't bother getting all the information they can get by themselves before posting.

Man, I forgot about that search function. Now I feel like an asshole. Especially because normally I hate lazy people who don't bother getting all the information they can get by themselves before posting.

Most of the other oil threads look like this one anyways.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I've heard from someone that mobil 1 is bad on Subaru engines. I've heard this from some friend whose friend had a blown engine on his subaru after changing to mobil 1. The guy at jiffy lube (where I always get my engine oil changes done) told me that this wasn't true. I guess that he must know more about oil than I do because he's doing oil changes for a living. I don't know who to believe. What should be the best oil brand and viscosity rate for my engine? I love my car and I don't want to blow the engine with bad oil. This is my daily driver and I don't want to ruin it this way. By the way none of this is true I just made it up. This is a trap thread I've just created it to see who would answer without reading the whole thing. Now let's sit back and laugh at everyone who will attempt to flame me without knowing that the joke is on them.

I use Mobil 1 in my 2.5i with no problems. I can't say the same about Jiffy Lube. At the last oil change, they stripped my drain plug and didn't tell me. I've got 4+ quarts of oil in my driveway. Mobil 1 - Yes. Jiffy Lube - Never again.

Archived