LegacyGT.com

post your tinted legacy and its % pls ..

markc0220k

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damnit I hate seeing cars like that. Every time I swear up and down that I won't spend that kind of cash on a grill, I see a picture like that and how good one looks and I want it.

I see visions of my red LGT with some gold bbs', blacked out headlights, jdm spats, front/trunk lips and that grill and it makes me want to smoke plastic. :nono:

damnit I hate seeing cars like that. Every time I swear up and down that I won't spend that kind of cash on a grill, I see a picture like that and how good one looks and I want it.

I see visions of my red LGT with some gold bbs', blacked out headlights, jdm spats, front/trunk lips and that grill and it makes me want to smoke plastic. :nono:

I spent almost $500 on my lip and grill, both carbon fiber. hands down the best mod you could to to the appearance. plus its easy

i dont think two layers is stupid but if the second layer is going to cost you another $400 i think its stupid

30% ceremic x one window = should be around $100..

but the thing is... has anyone seen or done "double layers tinting" before?

mark

Well before it was not dark enough for me cause i had my windshield tinted.....yes the entire windshield,not just the top half.So that made my rear window almost appear not dark enough.Cuts out the heat alot!!! I had on the rear window 5%,now it's two layers of 5%.I love it.....can't see in there period.....day or night.My front windshield is 35%.I'll snap a pic for you.:)

Well before it was not dark enough for me cause i had my windshield tinted.....yes the entire windshield,not just the top half...

so where you place your inspection/emission tickets? coz i 'm also thinking to have windshield 70% tinted too. but i 'm afraid it 'll be scratched/messed up when removing tickets.

mark

thanks subarupartsdude. then how can you remove the ticket at the front? is it umm... legal? i'm living at houston texas. i dont' think it pass our inspection if the inspector can see the windshield has tinted. thus i think i can only go for 70%.

beside, which windows is double layers?

thanks again,

mark

Anytime Mark........the rear window is the one with two layers.I work for subaru,so the inspection is a breeze for me.When it comes time to re-inspect,i'll go back to the tint shop that my good friend owns and have him peel it off,put new sticker on,than tint it again.It really helps when you work for subaru and have a good friend who owns the tint shop!!!!

no wonder! unfortunately i have all friends who neither works at tinting shop nor subaru!

yeah, think i 'll go get my rear window tinted soon. coz i still don't get used to the rear big window (compare with my tiny miata's rear window, lol! ) thanks!

but yet, is it the darker the film, the more heat is going to block? how about double layers? do anyone don't think 60% on 30% film is not equal to 19%? speaking of heat block, is it going to be worse than just one layer?

thanks,

mark

that's why i 'm thinking if the double tint films would absorb more heat than single layer since more layers/mass to store heat. of coz, with double layers may allow less heat going through due to the "darker". correct me if i'm wrong, please... anyone!

mark

yeah, i don't have much experience for those kinda things. My previous car was miata, it was my first car and i had it for almost 12yrs. i wrecked it a month before i picked up my legacy from dealer!

With my miata, i had no chance (well, yeah i had, but i spent most of time on its "NA" engine, lsd, suspension setting, and oh~ wash/wax it ...lol!) to touch those things like tinting window, audio upgrade, sound insulation, hid and ..etc.

i'm probably kinda old and a bit tired from those days i worked on ( or "underneath" .. haha .. like oil change, set chamber/toe, check up ... ) my miata, that 's why i bought this B4. With B4, i can mod something that i haven't touch before!

mark

Archived