LegacyGT.com

08-09 STI Brakes - A New Adventure...

JSK05LGT

Once more again, the bracket CANNOT be fabricated for the rear 08 Brembos, unless a custom rotor is made as well.

It wasn't a speculation the rears don't fit. It's a well known fact, bit of searching around would give you an answer.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't worry about it. all this brake bias crap. GT500 for years run 4pots in front and single in the rear. so do many Steeda set-ups. Steeda just throws 4pots on the front of 'Stangs and send them off. Steeda cars are some of the best track cars out.

Unclemat - I read your post on the 12th, no need to repeat it yet again. Im sure eventually someone will develop a custom rotor and bracket for the 08/09 rears, as the brakes are already poping up all over the forums and on eBay, or at least I hope they do :o)

Unclemat - I read your post on the 12th, no need to repeat it yet again. Im sure eventually someone will develop a customer rotor and bracket for the 08/09 rears, as the brakes are already poping up all over the forums and on eBay.

Good work ok the brake upgrade. Looking forward to seeing the finished job. The 08 brakes should be able to be fit at some point. Maybe KB or yimi will put together a bracket for them.

Rehab is for quitters.

ok, so the key to fitment is to run 08 sti front brakes with 04-05 rears and everything bolts right up to the stock rotors?

You can run the front 08/09 calipers on the factory mounting locations, but you still need an 04 STI rotor (5x100 fitment). DBA makes theses as does quite a few other companies.

The 04-07 rears will bolt up, but require a special rotor for the parking brake to work properly, or as Unclemat has posted, you can go through Onkelracing for a set of parking brake shoes, and they will do the trick. After that you just need the Brembo adapter brackets for sale through MachV, or Yimisport and you are good to go!

I personally like the black brembos MUCH better than the gold sets :o)

You can run the front 08/09 calipers on the factory mounting locations, but you still need an 04 STI rotor (5x100 fitment). DBA makes theses as does quite a few other companies.

The 04-07 rears will bolt up, but require a special rotor for the parking brake to work properly, or as Unclemat has posted, you can go through Onkelracing for a set of parking brake shoes, and they will do the trick. After that you just need the Brembo adapter brackets for sale through MachV, or Yimisport and you are good to go!

I personally like the black brembos MUCH better than the gold sets :o)

Once you get the 08 front and 04 rear set up, let us know how it works out. I am curious as to the difference using the newer fronts. Are they beefier?

Rehab is for quitters.

:rolleyes: Whatever.

I guess you're leading authority on what will or will not happen in the brembo brake world?

No. If you looked a the new rears and thought for a moment you would also knew the bracket is not possible to due the interference with the trailing arm on Legacy. As simple as that. :rolleyes:

Once you get the 08 front and 04 rear set up, let us know how it works out. I am curious as to the difference using the newer fronts. Are they beefier?

No, they are the same.

You know, now that I look at it, the rears do look beefier, I cant tell (nor do I have anything to properly measure with) I think it is just the housing that appears larger. I will absolutely keep you posted on feel and performance, as well as more pictures :)

Unclemat - so they dont work on Legacy's, have you done any other research that would lead you to believe these rears would work on anything other than the 08-09 STI? Im seriously interested, because I dont want to keep them collecting dust, and would like to sell them, hell at my asking price, im basically giving them away.

Unclemat - so they dont work on Legacy's, have you done any other research that would lead you to believe these rears would work on anything other than the 08-09 STI? Im seriously interested, because I dont want to keep them collecting dust, and would like to sell them, hell at my asking price, im basically giving them away.

They will work 08-09 non-STI Impreza. You are wasting yours and everybody's else time trying to sell them here.

They will work 08-09 non-STI Impreza. You are wasting yours and everybody's else time trying to sell them here.

Unclemat - Thanks for the info, but are you naturally this negative, or do you just try really hard? While I appreciate your knowledge, it seems that most of your posts are just about why or how things wont work or dont. Work on your delivery a little bit, and remember not everyone has your experience, or enough time to search the 1000's of posts available on the net. In return I will stop trying to sell them here and wasting the members time.

Unclemat - Thanks for the info, but are you naturally this negative, or do you just try really hard? While I appreciate your knowledge, it seems that most of your posts are just about why or how things wont work or dont. Work on your delivery a little bit, and remember not everyone has your experience, or enough time to search the 1000's of posts available on the net. In return I will stop trying to sell them here and wasting the members time.

Bwaaahahahaha. You put it nicely. Hey Unclemat, go back and re-read most of your posts...

Rehab is for quitters.

Im not trying to be rude, but I made a mistake on the purchase of the rears and didnt do my research, in my sale thread I clearly state that someone with an 08-09 STI should purchase, hoping someone might have a legacy and an STI here on the forums and would like the price, im not trying to waste anyones time. :spin:

Archived