LegacyGT.com

Might be picking up an 09 c30r

long story short lgt is prob a goner due to accident with divider thanks to dear. hate new lgt and dont want used one.

audi a3s are $$$$ and i just dont want to own one

c30s have some nice deals right now and no one really has one. especially the r design (big reason i got my lgt back in 04)

seems like it could be made into a pretty fun car even though its wrong wheel drive.

2.5l 5cyc turbo / 6 speed

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/volvo-c30-rdesign1.jpg

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Volvo/VolvoR-design-Parts-4.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/volvo-c30-front-quarter-cosmic-white.jpg

seems like downpipe / intercooler / and tune gets them to 260ish to wheels no prob. that would make fun dd minus tq steer. but hey. wtf.

all the options are pretty cool. stuff my lgt will never have.

-hd radio

-siruis

-usb / aux in

-blind spot warning system

-bi xenons (well i had those)

-rain sensors

-keyless entry

-rear fog

-headlamp washers

-telescopic wheel

-bluetooth

and lots more

anyone have one or know someone who does?

thanks.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a volvo hatch? what about an 09 wrx hatch.. it's basically a hatch version of a LGT anyway lol

really wanted to stay subie, but too many hs kids will have it. i like to be diff. plus the to me the older lgt had a much nicer look and presence about it.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Ich, Vulva, I don't know. I worked for them for maybe 6-7 months while in trade school. As they age, they fall apart pretty quickly. Oil leaks, seats worn badly, creaky suspension and interiors, they gobble up brakes and tires like it's their job. And I saw a lot of steering parts replaced quite often with outer tie rods being eerily common. Maybe a lot of that shit has been fixed on new(er) ones but I don't know. And who makes performance parts for them, anyway? IPD is the only one I really know of.

535xi or a new A4/S4 with those nice LED parking lights :)

audis are nice, but $$$$. everyone has an a4 around my area. s4 yeah def nice but again $$$$$. liked the a3s but i read so many problems about them on several forums.

can prob pick up the c30r loaded for 27ish. $2000 volvo allowance right off the bat.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

audis are nice, but $$$$. everyone has an a4 around my area. s4 yeah def nice but again $$$$$. liked the a3s but i read so many problems about them on several forums.

can prob pick up the c30r loaded for 27ish. $2000 volvo allowance right off the bat.

if your set on a euro car, just FYI: they have european delievery if you buy brand new:

Would of been nice if we could do that for LGT's I would rock a German LGT since they have LHD cars LGT's, but with JDM parts.

Anyways basically u pick up your brand new volvo from sweden and make it into a vacation. They give u roundtrip tickets for 2, hotel for 1 night, u can go drive on the european rds, after all that drop the car off back to them, u fly back, and they ship the car free for you.

http://www.volvocars.com/us/salesandservices/overseasdelivery/Pages/default.aspx

Getting a german car like that would be nice, probably not a good break in to play on the autobahn in a brand new car though.

Also this might help with prices:

Says for internal use only, so might be good insider info...

http://flyvolvo.com/C30MY09.pdf

thanks. yeah i have that for the 2010 models. if they cant do a good deal then its off to Sweden for the OSD program. i can get an 2010 c30r exactly how i want with more options for 30k plus the trip. only way im getting the 09 is if its a good deal. i want an all white one!!!!!! the one on the lot is white with the java body kit. but if the price is right f it...

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

oh no!! didnt you just get a jdm spec b or albero bumper?

it was a jdm spec b bumper and its a 2k paper weight now...

didnt even get the rear brembos in. sways were on for 3 days...

sucks but what can you do

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Ich, Vulva, I don't know. I worked for them for maybe 6-7 months while in trade school. As they age, they fall apart pretty quickly. Oil leaks, seats worn badly, creaky suspension and interiors, they gobble up brakes and tires like it's their job. And I saw a lot of steering parts replaced quite often with outer tie rods being eerily common. Maybe a lot of that shit has been fixed on new(er) ones but I don't know. And who makes performance parts for them, anyway? IPD is the only one I really know of.

yeah IPD is a big one. There are 2 others it seems. Evolve and BSR I think. I've been scouring the web on volvo forums specifically for c30 issues and compared to the audi a3 almost nothing comes up.

also the c30 shares alot of parts with the mazda speed3. suspension is 100% identical when it comes to aftermarket stuff. so there's that route as well. although unlike mazda. volvo got it right with a FMIC stock!!!!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

long story short lgt is prob a goner due to accident with divider thanks to dear. hate new lgt and dont want used one.

audi a3s are $$$$ and i just dont want to own one

c30s have some nice deals right now and no one really has one. especially the r design (big reason i got my lgt back in 04)

seems like it could be made into a pretty fun car even though its wrong wheel drive.

2.5l 5cyc turbo / 6 speed

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/volvo-c30-rdesign1.jpg

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Volvo/VolvoR-design-Parts-4.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/volvo-c30-front-quarter-cosmic-white.jpg

seems like downpipe / intercooler / and tune gets them to 260ish to wheels no prob. that would make fun dd minus tq steer. but hey. wtf.

all the options are pretty cool. stuff my lgt will never have.

-hd radio

-siruis

-usb / aux in

-blind spot warning system

-bi xenons (well i had those)

-rain sensors

-keyless entry

-rear fog

-headlamp washers

-telescopic wheel

-bluetooth

and lots more

anyone have one or know someone who does?

thanks.

09 LGT had telescoping steering wheel and Siruis. 2010 has bluetooth, usb, and aux in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i wasn't too impressed with the c30 i saw at the autoshow. pretty expensive for what i saw. interior not that great, center console interesting but cheezy. same with the rear of the car; looks cool now but i don't think it will age well.

i drove the c30 when it came out. Sharp looking car. unengaging to drive and had the worst 6 speed i'd ever driven. It wasn't an R (don't know if that's aesthetic or has real performance upgrades.) I did like the looks though

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it was a jdm spec b bumper and its a 2k paper weight now...

didnt even get the rear brembos in. sways were on for 3 days...

sucks but what can you do

wow.. I am so sorry to hear. Can you convert the front brembo's back to stock and sell them to recoupe some $$ at least?

Did you check out the saab aeros, or the 9-3x? I think they have pretty much the same drive train as the wrx.. I was considering it when shopping for my LGT. I see it as a wrx in more of a "mature" package.

wow.. I am so sorry to hear. Can you convert the front brembo's back to stock and sell them to recoupe some $$ at least?

Did you check out the saab aeros, or the 9-3x? I think they have pretty much the same drive train as the wrx.. I was considering it when shopping for my LGT. I see it as a wrx in more of a "mature" package.

car is already back to stock minus spec b steering wheel. that will come off once i learn if the lgt is totaled.

i used to like the older 9-3s. they were nice indeed

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i drove the c30 when it came out. Sharp looking car. unengaging to drive and had the worst 6 speed i'd ever driven. It wasn't an R (don't know if that's aesthetic or has real performance upgrades.) I did like the looks though

yeah not sure if they changed anything with the trans, but the originals had different suspension and other things. they were ver 1.0. 2.0 and r models have much different setup, but trans could be the same and prob is. im test driving one tomm hopefully.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived