LegacyGT.com

Might be picking up an 09 c30r

I wouldn't consider the Volvo personally.

normally i would have agreed, but the c30r changed that.

its the only car i can find that to me is original as in no one has it and looks pretty cool. also all the research i've done turns up almost no issues and it is actually CR recommended. Its got decent perf out of the box and seems to have potential to make it into something special.

going to do the OSD delivery and travel to sweden. going to take the car to amsterdam and copenhagen and some other places. should be a blast.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't buy anything with Haldex, myself. Well, about 98% of the cars with it, anyway. Some MB I can make an exception for and maybe BMW but that's about it. No Volvos, no VW's (Hell, no VW's period), Mazda, all that. At least MB and BMW have their cars set to a RWD bias compared to the front wheel bias that the others do. What the super exotics who use it? Lambo, I guess theirs is similar to BMW in that it's a rear bias? And I assume the Veyron is the same way with a rearward bias, as well.:confused: And I know Haldex can be tuned but at one hell of a price, too.:spin:

I would agree with you.

I would choose Subie, or longitudinal Audi Quattro (transverse Quattro is Haldex, too.)

But I would probably take Haldex over torque-steer-fest that is FWD. :D

I would agree with you.

I would choose Subie, or longitudinal Audi Quattro (transverse Quattro is Haldex, too.)

But I would probably take Haldex over torque-steer-fest that is FWD. :D

yeah it wasnt so bad. but im worried about after a tune. 260+ to the wheels and fwd is prob not the most practical way to do things. only good thing is the c30 can fit some wide tires on it fairly easily.

i wish i liked the new legacy. would have just gone that route. it would have been so easy!!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...

the lgt got picked up today and off to the auction lot. it was a sad day. best car i've ever owned and a good 5 years of fun. just glad i actually used the car during its short life.

insurance gave me almost 17k for it so wasn't so bad financially, but i really didnt want a new car. it was my first car i bought new and was a gift to myself after college.

anyways ill be ordering the c30r on fri and should be picking it up in sweden in nov. volvo threw in the climate pkg for free offered a sweet deal on extended stay iin sweden and trip to barcelona for 3 nights. best part is since i'm doing over seas delivery im paying under invoice and getting a trip to europe out of it.

by the time it gets back to the states it will be christmas or even new years so going to suck to wait all this time.

the worst part about not having the lgt besides not driving it is this forum. i never not knew anything about anything. saved myself tons of cash and kept the car running strong. i've never been part of a better forum then lgt. c30world is lame. not like honda lame, just not much going on there. pob will have to deal with sweedspeed.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Congrats on the C30R. I happen to love the way C30s look despite my disdain for most FWD cars. On the other hand, my wife thinks C30s are fugly. The styling is really polarizing--the people who like it love it, whereas pretty much everybody else hates it. Not much ambivalence there. :lol:

nice deal getting a vacation out of it too.

btw you salvage any good pieces off your LGT before they took it away?

only all my stuff i put into it. i did sell the jdm spec b bumper that got banged up, swapped the trunk with someone who had a wing, but nothing really. insurance would have adj my settlement if anything major was taken.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Congrats on the C30R. I happen to love the way C30s look despite my disdain for most FWD cars. On the other hand, my wife thinks C30s are fugly. The styling is really polarizing--the people who like it love it, whereas pretty much everybody else hates it. Not much ambivalence there. :lol:

yeah is love it or hate it. i think its the nicest looking hatch. then the a3, but the a3 blends in unless heavily modded. c30 stands out, espeically the r. i highly doubt i will ever pass one on the road.

im going with the metallic white but it comes packaged with the metallic java body kit so that sucks. will just have to get it painted. the reg white just isnt nice enough.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

you must promise to drop in on us now & then -- your contributions have been huge here (at minimum, my retro thanks you ;)), it'd be a shame if we lost you completely.

def wish you best luck with the c30, and a good safe trip to europe.

Congrats. I really like the look of the C30

thanks guys!!

i got to drive a vf52 lgt when i installed my suspension into it and damn... i know exactly what i missed out on for next summer. lgt was awesome.

anyways i ordered my car on fri. im awaiting delivery date. I think I should be off to sweden in nov for a couple nights and then off to barcelona for 3 nights!!! OSD program is awesome. I can't believe ill be driving my car in europe!! sick!

i ended up paying 30k for a fully loaded c30r. the amount of toys you can get in this thing is nuts. in the us the same car would have been 35K+ and no trip to europe.

should look very similar to the below pic.

cant wait to get it!!

R_Junior072.thumb.jpg.628fc840b023ad2300f680814d407786.jpg

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! On any other car, the slanted headlights would have made it look like the exaggerated caricature of Asian immigrants found in racist propaganda of the 1800s/early 1900s, but it looks right on the C30. The benign S40/V50 nose of the current C30 wasn't 100% cohesive w/ the rakish P1800ES inspired rear.

not sure when that is coming out, but the 2010s are not redesigned. I'm glad too as I like the design of the older one better. I would assume that will be the 2011 model.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

From what I read it's the 2010 model, but maybe not until 2011 for the US

yeah dealer confirmed its the 2011s that look like mazdas. ugh:rolleyes:

def will post pics from europe. only good thing about the wait is it gives me time to stock pile goodies for it. maybe ill give her a day or two before tearing her apart :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

09 WRX FTW. Stick with your roots. A Volvo will never make you happy the way your Subaru did.

thats why i went completely something different. i wanted my lgt and 09 wrx would not do and i hate the new legacy. at least this way i cant compare them. the volvo r design is def much much nicer overall then any subaru i've been in. the seats and steering wheel are great! but my lgt was the most fun car i've ever driven.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

The C30 does look like a sweet car. I really would like to see what you end up doing to it. I hope you keep us posted.

thats why i went completely something different. i wanted my lgt and 09 wrx would not do and i hate the new legacy. at least this way i cant compare them. the volvo r design is def much much nicer overall then any subaru i've been in. the seats and steering wheel are great! but my lgt was the most fun car i've ever driven.

The C30 does look like a sweet car. I really would like to see what you end up doing to it. I hope you keep us posted.

as soon as i get it back to the states

-new fmic

-new dp

-new hot and cold side piping for turbo

-tune via cobb similar device but much nicer with custom maps and free retunes

-should cost about 3k and net 280whp easily at 13-15psi i think

its and inline 5cyl so it should be torquey, but i dont think it will equal the lgt. should be faster though.

im still debatind suspension. volvo says the r struts can handle more agressive springs, so not sure if i should go bilstein sports or not

dec is a long time from now. im rocking a 94 chrysler mini van with wood trim and 163k on the odo. she runs strong though :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived